Kirtan Diwan In Celebration Of Guru Granth Sahib 300 Gur Gaddi Divas

satty2007

WJKK WJKF

I've seen this poster in front of iceland (southall) an apperantly theres suppose to be a kirtan diwan happening with all the well known indivduals of the panth such as:

Sant Ranjit Singh (Dhadrianwale)

Bhai Balwinder singh Rangeela

Giani Thakur singh

Its happening in july (18-20th) and i've noticed it hasnt been mentioned on any sikhi websites, does anyone have any more info regarding it???

Fateh

Yeah sounds good ,but 300 years later we are in the shackles of Ghulami ,where do we stand in terms of Shabad Guru and the Guru's idelogy ?

Freedom should be one of the resolutions from the event, only through HUGE events like this can we awaken the Sikh masses from across our community no matter what Jatha they are,but I doubt they will mention the Sikh Struggle here

Yeah sounds good ,but 300 years later we are in the shackles of Ghulami ,where do we stand in terms of Shabad Guru and the Guru's idelogy ?

Freedom should be one of the resolutions from the event, only through HUGE events like this can we awaken the Sikh masses from across our community no matter what Jatha they are,but I doubt they will mention the Sikh Struggle here

Sarpanch, did you know that sikhi existed before 1984? :gg: This event is for the 300 Parkash Divas and so will focus on that. There are plenty of smagams like todays Gurpurb where sikh struggle, including that of our Gurus is elaboarted on. Stop waving the 1984 flag at every opportunity

Sarpanch, did you know that sikhi existed before 1984? :gg: This event is for the 300 Parkash Divas and so will focus on that. There are plenty of smagams like todays Gurpurb where sikh struggle, including that of our Gurus is elaboarted on. Stop waving the 1984 flag at every opportunity

Im not waving the flag just saying we should use this opprtunity wisely ,say under Ahemd Shah Abdali we had a similar celebration would we not use it to create support for Sikh Freedom and a revolution,just saying instead of misusing such opportunities the Guru has given us where we ALL gather in one area on the same day off all Jathe why not use this wisely,this is the longest sustained period in Sikh History where Sikhs are failing to put up resistance in any form political,as well as religious.

Every Sikh event should have something connected to the modern day oppresion of Sikhs I say including all nagar keertans,whats the use of a nagar keertan if your going to make it commercial lke todays' ones,it should be a time when we can all get together mark the certain occasion and propogate the Freedom Movement.

Most don't agree thats fine :D

Im not waving the flag just saying we should use this opprtunity wisely ,say under Ahemd Shah Abdali we had a similar celebration would we not use it to create support for Sikh Freedom and a revolution,just saying instead of misusing such opportunities the Guru has given us where we ALL gather in one area on the same day off all Jathe why not use this wisely,this is the longest sustained period in Sikh History where Sikhs are failing to put up resistance in any form political,as well as religious.

Every Sikh event should have something connected to the modern day oppresion of Sikhs I say including all nagar keertans,whats the use of a nagar keertan if your going to make it commercial lke todays' ones,it should be a time when we can all get together mark the certain occasion and propogate the Freedom Movement.

Most don't agree thats fine :D

We would all be better trying to free ourselves from the oppresion that is put on the Office of the akal Takhat by the Badal Clan. What is the point in fighting external issues when we cant get our own house in order? Its all good saying khalistan zindabad, and saying that bluestar was wrong, but what are we doing to trying to fight the opression from within :) ))))

sarpanch, why dont you contact the co ordinators and ask ifyou could put up a stall or do a talk wrt the sikh freedom struggle and 1984.... maybe that will be a step in a positive direction, instead of constantly complaining on the internet. you could say it has relevance to 300 yrs wrt satkaar of guru granth sahib jee and how the singhs gave shaheedia to uphold this satkaar. could even mention 1978 in the same talk

sarpanch, why dont you contact the co ordinators and ask ifyou could put up a stall or do a talk wrt the sikh freedom struggle and 1984.... maybe that will be a step in a positive direction, instead of constantly complaining on the internet. you could say it has relevance to 300 yrs wrt satkaar of guru granth sahib jee and how the singhs gave shaheedia to uphold this satkaar. could even mention 1978 in the same talk

This may be getting of the topic, just cam across this, Something i agree with

A lot of stuff been going on...It's been 24 years since Operation Blue Star.... I wrote a massive thread about this but it didn't come up and I refuse to write it again.

Operation Bluestar hits a lot of Sikhs in the heart...and it hurts immensely. There's no doubt about it..it was planned and stretegic and it was aimed at ALL sikhs not just the militants...People can argue about it as much as they want but that's my firm belief.

However I am NOT in favour of Khalistan nor will I ever be...(it comes up a lot when you talk about Op. Bluestar and Indira Gandhi...)

I don't feel like we need Khalistan, it just seems like running away from the problems in India...a cop out. If you wanna know why I feel this way, ask me...I got a whole list of reasons that nobody (as of yet) has been able to deal with. But I wont post them here.

I feel for the Shaheeds of the 80's and 90's but I fel more for the generations left...their legacies.

I want to do something for THEM. they need us and instead of helping them we yell slogans for Khalistan...real logical...it seems we're more Indian than we'd like to admit.

kUkr kUVu kmweIAY gur inMdw pcY pcwnu ]

kookar koorr kamaaeeai gur ni(n)dhaa pachai pachaan

Those who practice falsehood are dogs; those who slander the Guru shall burn in their own fire.