Khanda Kharkauna Pai Jaooga

u guys r upset because he is mona but i think he is making start may next one sabat surat singh or my friend jeet singh who is preparing his debu....

enjoy, and for the people who can't stand a mona praising the khalsa, just close your eyes and listen to the words.

peace.

thanks for the post bro and I would have left it at that,…

But it’s your pre-emptive strike defense which decides to make an additional point that causes me to speak. No one else was taking your invitation, so allow me.

It is possible that the singer is on the path, but lets assume for a moment he’s taking off his “hat” after the video and going to the barber in a couple of weeks like many of these singers.

I have a few close monay friends or however you wish to identify them who I believe are more dear to any Sikhi cause than I will ever be. They tell me I am Sikh and they are not. Yet they educate me about Sikhi. My response has been along the lines of…. I am far from Sikh, and it is the panth that is Sikhi, not an individual, and the prosperity of the panth is because of their love for Sikhi far more than mine.(in far more words).

We’ve had repeated discussions about the sikh image, dastars, videos, monay, trimming etc. Such is their love for Sikhi, that they would die a thousand deaths before ever presenting themselves to someone as a definition of a Sikh. They go to pains to ensure that they do not corrupt or confuse Sikh identity. They will defend their brothers dastar like the most honorable soldiers. They truly are on the path as slow as it may be….not simply as some nebulous notion where kesh is on their goals list below winning the lottery and buying an island.

If asked about a video like this, they would be ashamed that a singer would present the dastar as some kind of hat or hindu farmers turban that can be removed after the video and he’d be back at the barbers next week.

Sikhi is not an ill-educated testosterone cheer for our clan. Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Guru Teghbahadur Ji, Bhai Taru Singh Ji,… those ARE the songs of the Khalsa.

I need to say this to respect my very dear “monay” brothers who would NOT identify with this singer.

All that aside, it is a nice song, thank you for posting it…for all I know the singer is like me and my monay friends in other respects, but on this video he would offend them, and I do think it is an ill-educated, misleading endeavor, the cycle of which must be broken if we wish to garner respect.

many others I’m not sure I care, but I hope I’ve not offended you… and as you like to say bro…. peace.

no brother, i'm not offended.

if there is one thing i have learned(actually trying to implement, Galee assi changiyaan achaari buryaan) from gurbaani, it's that getting offended is relative. what one may find offensive, another may find constructive. the trick is to put oneself in all perspectives and go with the positive one.

peace.