Going India In September

satty2007

WJKK WJKF

im going to be going india for the first time and i was wondering, is it essential that i have to take of my sri sahib, or would they allow me to travel with it. I feel really bad about removing and dont want to even though the Panj Pyare said it it comes down top it you can take it off. Any tips as to where i should put it if i have to take it off................Im totally confused.

Fateh

WJKK WJKF

im going to be going india for the first time and i was wondering, is it essential that i have to take of my sri sahib, or would they allow me to travel with it. I feel really bad about removing and dont want to even though the Panj Pyare said it it comes down top it you can take it off. Any tips as to where i should put it if i have to take it off................Im totally confused.

Fateh

in india its allowed every where !!! and yeah start having practice of living with flies mosquitoes and power cuts !!!

WJKK WJKF

u wont be allowed to have it with u in the plane... so make sure you do your adraas before you take it off and keep it safe in your bag or suitcase (NOT hand bag). dont hand it over to anyone in security, coz u never know that person might be a smoker and u dont want ur sri sahib to be touched by a smoker.

and when u reach india. u can wear it back at the airport as soon as u get ur bag. outside and everywhere in india, u can carry 3feet long shri sahib with u if u really want to... no one will say anything... and if they do then they will have to think twice before they say....lol

have a good trip... may guru ji anng sang u.

wjkk wjkf

WJKK WJKF

Fateh

No, you are not allowed to take your Sri Sahib on board the aircraft. Same goes with your salai. Don't listen to anyone who says try and hide it in hand luggage/ dastaar etc as it will only cause problems to the wider Sikh Community.

What I do when travelling abroad is to remove Kirpan from my gatra when I get to the airport (or just before) and place it in at the top of my suitcase and then check it in. When you land at the other side and get your luggage, just get your Kirpan out and slip it back into your gatra straight away. And exactly the same for the return flight.

Think you should also do a JapJi Sahib Paath and ardaas after putting Kirpan back on.