Chardi Kala Jatha! American Sikhs

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of some free recordings from the tour. Surely Ksuk have covered their costs with the booking fees?

Fateh ji...

Far from brother... we are still down by quite a bit... With Maharaj's kirpa we will make up what we are missing, if its not too much, we shall regard it as Daswandh and then start to perform the free seva of the audio and DVD's....

i hope the KSUK guys are with me on the above? :) ))))

Fateh ji

• 3 weeks later...
Any chance of some free recordings from the tour. Surely Ksuk have covered their costs with the booking fees?

i don't understand why amazing Keertaniyea like Bhai Niranjan Singh don't have these costs and freely allow keertan to be uploaded on the net?

Please do not spread lies.

Bhai Niranjan Singh charges more than most.

We had a charity program where Bhai Sahib ji was coming. His organiser asked us for money - to which we said okay. He suggested £101 however he said it was up to us. When he did come, we could only manage £51 (please note, this was a CHARITY event) and when we went to give it, he wanted to know where his other £50 was!

Anyway, Chardi Kalaa are exactly what it says on the tin... chardi kalaa :) They were great and i personally, cant wait until they come back.

I hope this thread will stay positive as these Singhs inspired a lot of people when they were over.

i don't understand why amazing Keertaniyea like Bhai Niranjan Singh don't have these costs and freely allow keertan to be uploaded on the net?

Please do not spread lies.

Bhai Niranjan Singh charges more than most.

We had a charity program where Bhai Sahib ji was coming. His organiser asked us for money - to which we said okay. He suggested £101 however he said it was up to us. When he did come, we could only manage £51 (please note, this was a CHARITY event) and when we went to give it, he wanted to know where his other £50 was!

Anyway, Chardi Kalaa are exactly what it says on the tin... chardi kalaa :) They were great and i personally, cant wait until they come back.

I hope this thread will stay positive as these Singhs inspired a lot of people when they were over.

wait a minute...are you accusing of spreading lies?

read what i wrote...i don't remember other keertaneyes 'like' Bhai Niranjan Singh (using him as an example only) charging for their Diwan audio's. At no point did i say they (Bhai Niranjan Singh) don't charge the Gurdwara, fee's.

Read what i've wrote before attacking me!!!!

well you didnt actually make that clear in your original post!!!

the organisers of Chardi kala prog are charging for the cds due to the cost of the prog,

the kirtani wouldnt be bothered because they have made loads of money from stage and have had their tickets and costs covered from them

the organisers would probably have 2 cover their costs from somewhere, so selling the cds is not a bad way of doing it!

i cant see anything wrong in it

As United1985 said - the keertania dont have anything to do with the selling of CD's by ksuk. I aint attacking you mate, i simply responded to your message. If you percieved it as an attack... sorry.

Besides, whats it to you?? How does KSUK selling CD's affect you? T-series been selling audio cds for decades and all keertania (all major keertania) have cd's.

These guys are doing a great seva and arent profiting from it. So whats it to you? If you can do the same seva they do of bringing keertania from around the world to UK and not worry about costs, then by all means go ahead and do so and relieve the sevadars of their duties. If not, then chupp kar ke behja. Simple.

Funny how we don't like paying for Gurbani but don't mind paying for anything else.

Even if a Gurbani CD was sold for £1000, it would still be cheap.

This attitude is why there is a shortage of good Granthis in our Gurudwaras. People don't appreciate what it takes and just how important Kirtanis, Raagis, Granthis etc are.