Remarriage?

Guest _lost soul_

Guest _lost soul_

I may sound a bit weird, here is the deal.

When I first got married, I thought it was the perfect thing that happened to me. Then, when days, weeks, months, and years passed by, I became weak. I didn't know what to do. I still don't know. I thought, coming from India, to the U.K., is a relief, however, it is the opposite. I an tired of my married life, and don't know what to do. I am always, just sitting in my room, when my Singh is not home, and just think about India, and my family there. My Singh is always busy for work, or with friends, and his family is jut not my type. There has been many issues with his family and me, but my goal is to not care what they say, just do my work. But I am tired of living this way. I just think he isn't the right one. What should I do? Should I go back to India, and be happy, and get remarried when I am ready, or should I take the pain alive?

Thanks,

-Lost Soul.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

awhhh penji it must be realy hard as your family are in india

i think you need to talk to your singh and tell him how you feel, that your always alone and you miss india

maybe go to india for a holiday to see everyone

as marriage is a big thing and you dont want to just leave it ......

....but personally, if you arent happy and you really cant live that way ....then happiness is what matters the most:)

make sure you talk about it first, with freinds fmaily and most importantly your husband!

take care...hope maharaj does the kirpa on you and all is well and works out for the best:)

always trun to maharaj for guidance and help through hukmanameh and ardas he will always be there:)

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Guest

sadly this is what life is like in the western hemisphere very stressful compared to india.

people are better off in india where they have naukars and no racism to face.

they are prepared to do all jobs which they wouldn't even dream of doing back in punjab.

What is the use of making lots of money when your kids have become goreh and can't speak an word of punjabi?

Guest Concerned

Please could someone who's already married reply to this topic.. It's a serious topic huna

Teenagers can give good advice but in these kinda situations its experience that counts..

..anyone married?

Guest guest

u know i dont know if what i am about to type is "advice" as such, but i just wished to air a few opinions if you like...marriage is hard work, it's not always going to be plain sailing, this can be applied to most things in life...you need to "work" at your marriage, communicate with your Singh and tell him how you feel, he should be ready to listen and understand, quit feeling sorry for yourself, there are way bigger things out there that people deal with, count your blessings, do something productive with your life...get a job, go to school, become a volunteer...if you have problems with your in-laws then move out, staying with them doesn't always work for all...get to know your Singh's friends, make your own friends, take up a sport, do regular sangat, by all means TRY to do something you know, yeah course you're going to miss your family, there are thousands of people out there who would trade for your life w/out a second thought, work with what God blessed you with and after trying some more if you're STILL not happy then perhaps you can think about leaving and what not...i don't get why people always opt for the easier option instead of actually making an effort (not aimed at OP just in general)...but yeh i think some one above has said to do more Baani and stuff, can never go wrong with that! treat yourself to a vacation and come back all fresh and what not, take ur hubby along and make it a 2nd honeymoon or something :p

Is there abuse, physical, mental or emotional from him?

Is there any of the above from his family?

Do you live with his family?

How long have you been married?

Are there children?

Do you have any supports, friends, family where you are?

You have described generally that you are not happy. What specifically are your top 3 reasons that you are contemplating leaving.

Guest Guest

There is no such thing as remarriage in sikhi and if you have plenty of free time this is a fantastic opportunity to do more paath and simran. Happiness isnt found outside you can search round the world for your ideal spouse but after the initial 'honeymoon' period similar feelings will set in every time,

I think you need to to seriously sit down with your partner and talk about the direction the relationship is going, and perhaps he could spend less time with his friends and more with you