Salt Wash!

Guest jastmai

Guest jastmai

gurfateh sangat jee

i just recently started tieing keski and no one else in my house does. (i'm a bibi)I have just recently got a navy blue and black one and they are really starchy. I know you are suppoes to wash them and i did. but when they dry its still not easy to tie. this is the only material i can have for now. I read online somewhere that you should soak them in salt water overnight? what do you guys do and are you suppose to strech them? what is that for and is it good to iron them too afterwards? what do you guys do to make it the easiest to tie thank you so much im really sorry so many questions im jus a confused child :)

Guest Guest

You just need a warmer wash with some good fabric conditioner to soften them up. The more you wash them the softer they get - I dont know about salt wash Ive never heard of it before. Do a warm-ish wash with lots of fabric conditioner.

Doesnt' sound like the greatest material...

Ideally before each tying it should be sprinkled with water, not drenched, but sprinkled enough to make it lose the "crunch" and enough that it can be tied. Over time it will be easily tied...