Nhs & Health Services Uk - Call To All Health Professionals In Sikh Saroop

mskcan

Thank you for the replies, I intend to continue with this endeavour.

Once 'they' get you to part with even one article of your faith, assimilation will soon follow.

The fact that infection rates increased is highly due to poor hygiene practices. For Sikhs it is Mandatory to bathe each and every morning, I give my Kara a scrub, including hands and wrist each day at least 100 times. Next thing you know they will have people in full body suits.

But as we all know, animal studies in which from birth they were kept in completely aseptic environments leads to immunodeficiency and susceptibility to traumatic disease onset.

The problem is washing, and the Kara can be washed easily.

In the West Mids I never had an issue - I cannot imagine that anyone would dare be so insensetive in a densely Sikh populated area such as those hospitals where most of the medical staff are Asian.

In the North East where one plays spot-the-non-white, surprisingly again I have never encountered a problem. Only one person asked me to remove it and I explained its meaning to her and that it came under the Trust policy of culturally/religious sensetive items and was thus permitted.

Only in theatre or when doing surgery in A&E did I ever remove it - and then it stayed on my person (pocket). If I had taped it higher up on my forearm though, I doubt that anyone would have minded.

A kara is a smooth rounded steel object that can be cleansed easily when hand cleansing, unlike the wedding ring which some people seem to enjoy letting the skin beneath getting emaciated in fungal gangrenous rot!

Please let us know the outcome of all of this - I think a national policy needs to be attached to the bare-below-elbows rule, regarding karas.

Har Maidan Fateh to this cause!

Useful information, thanks for the response