Nitnem Help

Guest miss.kaur

Guest miss.kaur

Wjkk Wjkf,

Ok so for the last couple of months, the idea of taking is coming up more and more. When I listen to shabads, they get to me and makes me long for Guru Sahib. My biggest problem is that my amritvela sucks. It seems really hard to do nitnem. The days I do get up, I find that I get bored in between and rush to finish it, which is discouraging. I was wondering if the sangat had any suggestions and pointers for amritvela and nitnem. THanks in advance

Wjkk Wjkf

Guest Guest

To get up for amritvela:

- put your alarm clock far away

- do 1 hour naam simran or read Gurbani before sleeping

- do ardaas before just before sleeping

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

Try listening to Nitnem on CD for a couple of weeks to start off with then start reading along with it. Listen to katha of Nitnem and read the translations to the Bani so you understand it more.

Find out whether any Gurdwaras in your area do Amrit Vela and make the effort to go - it's an undescribable feeling doing Simran and Nitnem Da Paath with the Saadh Sangat - so overwhelming and the fact that you're in GuruJi's home I doubt you'd be feeling 'bored or tired'.

Hope it goes well :)

my problem is that i do my nitnem, but half the time i'm not actually concentrating on what i'm saying! for example i'll start japji sahib, then in the middle bit then my mind wanders and then i realise it's wandering and start focusing on the last bit again.....but there's all that middle bit where i was saying the words, but not actually knowing what i was saying.

any tips for concentrating better? i tried doing it with the english translation too that worked for about a week, but now i'm just as bad again :blush21:

any help anyone?