Taking Amrit

priyap

could people please share there experiences on taking amrit and how does one know when he or she is ready and what does it involve e.g what prayers must one perform daily and the life of an amritdhari because i dont know anyone who has taken amrit that can fill me in the missing details.and becausee at times i really feel like just taking it but then i dont knw if Im ready.because i really would love to sometime in my life if God allows me to as thats why Im bettering my self everyday as an individual and finding areas to improve on and its workking so farr and its improving my relationship with Guru Ji.Please people sharee sharee :vaheguru:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

It's life changing!

IMHO, you should start keeping Nitnem and 5Ks first. This will help you get ready and let you practice the Maryada of keeping Kakkars. Also do Ardas for Amrit di Dat from your heart.

Then, when Guru Ji calls - go give your head!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

It's life changing!

IMHO, you should start keeping Nitnem and 5Ks first. This will help you get ready and let you practice the Maryada of keeping Kakkars. Also do Ardas for Amrit di Dat from your heart.

Then, when Guru Ji calls - go give your head!

I think thats exactly what i shall do i know my biggest area where i could fail and i shall strengthen myself in that area and i will continue and do more nitnem to further stregthen my relationship with God so he can see my pyar for him aswel.thanks alott. i hope more people can write some stuff on there experiences how it changed there life as it would be helpful.

Truly inspiring i do admit a tear came to my eye because you managed to achieve so much and not care about what people think and especailly being in a gorah area...i truly am inspired and will take that away in my mind so i thought if you can do it why cant i? and you no what keeping kesh i think is my problem area bcs the other problems i have worked on e.g my anger issue which i have totally calmed down about.at the moment i am growing my kesh and liek noramlly before going to holiday my mum is always like cut ur hair so it looks nice or when im in india shes like o cut your hair from the parlour cause were goign to so n sos house n it doesnt look nice.but this year i managed to say no and i stayed strong even in the holidays now i had a temptation n even my best friend was like wen we strt uni well get a makeover but i told her no.however i think i will need to make steps to also not bleach my face so with Gods strength hopefully.

thanks very much indeed

could people please share there experiences on taking amrit and how does one know when he or she is ready and what does it involve e.g what prayers must one perform daily and the life of an amritdhari because i dont know anyone who has taken amrit that can fill me in the missing details.and becausee at times i really feel like just taking it but then i dont knw if Im ready.because i really would love to sometime in my life if God allows me to as thats why Im bettering my self everyday as an individual and finding areas to improve on and its workking so farr and its improving my relationship with Guru Ji.Please people sharee sharee :vaheguru:

when the relationship and love for your inner guru reaches the stage, he will give you naam amrit from inside.

that is the true amrit, that is the divine nectar that flows down your tenth gate, that is ATAM RAS, that is what gurbani talks about!

^^^^

In order to get to that stage we must all become Amritdhari Gursikhs with a solid rehit which will lead us to defeating the panj chore and then ultimately we will recieve the Amrit from within but for the majority of us that is a long way away.

I think in penji's case we need to do vichaar on the first step which is taking the step to recieve Amrit from the Guru Panth Khalsa.

Penji i think there is no definate answer as to when is the right to time to decide that your ready for Amrit. I know of Singhs from all kinds of backgrounds and they all went for their Amrit Sanchaars at different stages in their lives, like there is Singhs (moneh at the time) that never even knew anything about Sikhi and went to their Amrit Sanchaar after being in sangat for just a few weeks, then theres Singhs who had a lot of questions and they wanted to keep rehit before they went for Amrit and they was in rehit for a year or 2 before their Amrit sanchaar and then there are Singhs that have kept rehit for years but still havent gone for Amrit.

So i think its a very personal thing, no human can really tell you when the right time is but i will leave you with a shabad to contemplate on, Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj has all the answers we need, we just need to search for them.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4134

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Bhairao on Pannaa 1159

gur syvw qy Bgiq kmweI ]

gur saevaa thae bhagath kamaaee ||

Serving the Guru, devotional worship is practiced.

qb ieh mwns dyhI pweI ]

thab eih maanas dhaehee paaee ||

Then, this human body is obtained.

ies dyhI kau ismrih dyv ]

eis dhaehee ko simarehi dhaev ||

Even the gods long for this human body.

so dyhI Bju hir kI syv ]1]

so dhaehee bhaj har kee saev ||1||

So vibrate that human body, and think of serving the Lord. ||1||

Bjhu guoibMd BUil mq jwhu ]

bhajahu guobi(n)dh bhool math jaahu ||

Vibrate, and meditate on the Lord of the Universe, and never forget Him.

mwns jnm kw eyhI lwhu ]1] rhwau ]

maanas janam kaa eaehee laahu ||1|| rehaao ||

This is the blessed opportunity of this human incarnation. ||1||Pause||

jb lgu jrw rogu nhI AwieAw ]

jab lag jaraa rog nehee aaeiaa ||

As long as the disease of old age has not come to the body,

jb lgu kwil gRsI nhI kwieAw ]

jab lag kaal grasee nehee kaaeiaa ||

and as long as death has not come and seized the body,

jb lgu ibkl BeI nhI bwnI ]

jab lag bikal bhee nehee baanee ||

and as long as your voice has not lost its power,

Bij lyih ry mn swirgpwnI ]2]

bhaj laehi rae man saarigapaanee ||2||

O mortal being, vibrate and meditate on the Lord of the World. ||2||

Ab n Bjis Bjis kb BweI ]

ab n bhajas bhajas kab bhaaee ||

If you do not vibrate and meditate on Him now, when will you, O Sibing of Destiny?

AwvY AMqu n BijAw jweI ]

aavai a(n)th n bhajiaa jaaee ||

When the end comes, you will not be able to vibrate and meditate on Him.

jo ikCu krih soeI Ab swru ]

jo kishh karehi soee ab saar ||

Whatever you have to do - now is the best time to do it.

iPir pCuqwhu n pwvhu pwru ]3]

fir pashhuthaahu n paavahu paar ||3||

Otherwise, you shall regret and repent afterwards, and you shall not be carried across to the other side. ||3||

so syvku jo lwieAw syv ]

so saevak jo laaeiaa saev ||

He alone is a servant, whom the Lord enjoins to His service.

iqn hI pwey inrMjn dyv ]

thin hee paaeae nira(n)jan dhaev ||

He alone attains the Immaculate Divine Lord.

gur imil qw ky Kul@y kpwt ]

gur mil thaa kae khulhae kapaatt ||

Meeting with the Guru, his doors are opened wide,

bhuir n AwvY jonI bwt ]4]

bahur n aavai jonee baatt ||4||

and he does not have to journey again on the path of reincarnation. ||4||

iehI qyrw Aausru ieh qyrI bwr ]

eihee thaeraa aousar eih thaeree baar ||

This is your chance, and this is your time.

Gt BIqir qU dyKu ibcwir ]

ghatt bheethar thoo dhaekh bichaar ||

Look deep into your own heart, and reflect on this.

khq kbIru jIiq kY hwir ]

kehath kabeer jeeth kai haar ||

Says Kabeer, you can win or lose.

bhu ibiD kihE pukwir pukwir ]5]1]9]

bahu bidhh kehiou pukaar pukaar ||5||1||9||

In so many ways, I have proclaimed this out loud. ||5||1||9||

Truly inspiring i do admit a tear came to my eye because you managed to achieve so much and not care about what people think and especailly being in a gorah area...i truly am inspired and will take that away in my mind so i thought if you can do it why cant i? and you no what keeping kesh i think is my problem area bcs the other problems i have worked on e.g my anger issue which i have totally calmed down about.at the moment i am growing my kesh and liek noramlly before going to holiday my mum is always like cut ur hair so it looks nice or when im in india shes like o cut your hair from the parlour cause were goign to so n sos house n it doesnt look nice.but this year i managed to say no and i stayed strong even in the holidays now i had a temptation n even my best friend was like wen we strt uni well get a makeover but i told her no.however i think i will need to make steps to also not bleach my face so with Gods strength hopefully.

thanks very much indeed

Vaheguru, nanak aap karaae kare aap hukam savaaranehaaraa||

Its great to see bhainjee!! Charan saran gur ek painda jaae chal, just keep making these small steps, every small step you take guru sahib takes a thousand steps towards you, and ultimately he'll inspire you to take amrit and eventually you'll become the daughter of the great king himself. Keep reciting bani, doing simran and sangat of good, god-oriented people. You have to stay strong and conquer your fears and any challenges you come across and you'll definetely be blessed, bhul chuk muaaf jee.