I Know Your Not Meant 2...

singhunit

nah i dont think so it goes against our religion..but pher ve i no laods of people who do all that inlucding my own mum lol

i can vouch for that as my own family does it! i appreciate its against sikhi but can we just excuse that for a mo.....is it accurate and another form of study or would you say its just mumbo jumbo

No But superstitions are hard to let go. If your time is bad or you are going through a rough phase, you look for ways to help yourself and all that. When you are in India, look at the hands of labourers and rickshaw pullers, they have incredible lines, but are still poor. Also lines change every six months.

It is better to japp naam, which works wonders for you.

to get hands read etc is just silly. its ALL about TRUST and FAITH in mahraj.

sikhs of gurujee should not go to pandits etc.... whatever will happen WILL HAPPEN.

instead of japping naam, doing ardas, most ppl think 'ooh blah di blah says this' etc....

well........... OUR gurujee's say to keep faith in vaheguroooooo

so why dont we???

to me it seems like a money making scam.

my point------ keep faith in akaal purakh vahegurooo...... whatever is written to happen... WILL happen : )

I think this vaar by Bhai Gurdas tells us that we should avoid all superstitions. The translation is not perfect but you get the idea:

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 5

saux sgun vIcwrxy nau igRh bwrh rwis vIcwrw]

soun sagun veechaaranae no grih baareh raas veechaaraa||

The life led in the light of omens, the nine planets, the twelve signs of the zodiac.

kwmx tUxy AausIAW kxsoeI pwswr pwswrw]

kaaman ttoonae aouseeaaa(n) kanasoee paasaar paasaaraa||

Incantations, magic divination by lines and by the voice is all futile.

gdhu kuqy iblIAw iel mlwlI igdV Cwrw]

gadhahu kuthae bileeaa eil malaalee gidharr shhaaraa||

Cries of donkeys, dogs, cats, kites, blackbirds and jackals cannot control our lives.

nwir purKu pwxI Agin iCk pd ihfkI vrqwrw]

naar purakh paanee agan shhik padh hiddakee varathaaraa||

It is superstitious to draw good or bad omens from meeting a widow, a bare headed man, water, fire, sneezing, breaking wind, hiccups.

iQq vwr BdRw Brm idswsUl shsw sYswrw]

thhith vaar bhadhraa bharam dhisaasool sehasaa saisaaraa||

Lunar and week days, lucky-unlucky moments and going or not going in a particular direction

vlCl kir ivsvws lK bhu cuKI ikau rvY Bqwrw]

valashhal kar visavaas lakh bahu chukhee kio ravai bhathaaraa||

If a women behaves like a prostitute and does every thing to please everybody, how can she be Loved by her husband.

gurmuiK suK Plu pwr auqwrw ]8]

guramukh sukh fal paar outhaaraa ||8||

The Gurmukhs who reject all superstitions enjoy happiness with their Lord and get across the world-ocean.(8)

Its funny how often we undermine the power of Ardaas. Think back to all those puraatan Sikhs who were left to live in the jungles with no food or shelter. They sustained their faith in Guru ji through sincere ardaas. We must never forget that Guru ji is there with His hand on our shoulder...we just don't realize it.

Guest g14life

Hmmm, seems like someone can't ask a harmless question about hand reading without everyone jumping all over them and trying to throw everything in their power to prove that it is against Sikhi!

Who needs this?

Not all of it! Some people really do have "powers", so don't insult the entire art of hand reading like that just because you don't know much about it!

Hmmm, seems like someone can't ask a harmless question about hand reading without everyone jumping all over them and trying to throw everything in their power to prove that it is against Sikhi!

Who needs this?

Not all of it! Some people really do have "powers", so don't insult the entire art of hand reading like that just because you don't know much about it!

so you do believe it is a form of study then? like i said for 1 min lets forget whether we are/arent meant to do it in sikhi...