Parchaar Of Sikhi

JustME

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Jio

This has long been on my mind, so i thought to share with sangant........with waheguru blessing this paapi with Amrit di daat, just coming up to one year now......i was reflecting on the journey waheguru took me on............and the most visable thing was........that physically........i was one my own..........(but Guru was hamesha ang sang) what i mean to say is.........i would go to listen to katha at Gurdwara, and often would leave feeling abit dazed and the parchaar was (at that time) very deep and i was unable to understand it.........

Now a few weeks ago, one of my mates, (who is a Rhadaswami) brought her "Master "Maharaj" Charan Singh" dvd to my house............i was very duboius as to her intentions but i sat down and watched it never the less..........i was quite amazed at the 3 divans i watched............i have no clue about Rhadaswamis and their beliefs..........but the parchar that this so called "Master" did was actually quite acurate and more importantly very easy to understand..................

I laughed with my friend and sed well "i realy enjoyed the prechar..........hes does realy good katha" so in my eyes i saw nothing more that a katha vachik, (without implying any dis-respect to the mahan - katha vachiks of the Sikh Panth) BUT to people like my friend..........they see "this amazing person" who is revealing the word of God and flock behind him like lambs..................the worry her is the the REAL mster Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji is being passed of as noting more that a "book" not just in non-sikhi groups............but scarily in our very own sikh kaum.............This silent and deadly assasination of our living Guru is sad but what can we as gursikh do to remind people.........."sab sikhan ko hukam hai GURU maneyo GRANTH" and not some person, who, with all due respect has done Kauge of Bani but them proceeds to act as they are to Key to getting closer to God?

So the question i guess im asking is................what is happening to sikhi parchaar? what changes have to be made to ensure sikhs are made aware of What sikhi actually is?

I mean u have Great MAHAN gursikhs like Giani Thankur Singh who are awaking sikhi inside many people, but how can we, help spread this message furthur that one Has a Guru that is Living today, in the roop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.........and They are the True Path to God?

my post is not meant to cause offense, if anything i have sed does, please consider me and maha paapi and forgive all my shortcomings........

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda understand what you mean bhenji...it's a bit of a dilemma...I think the first and easiest place to start would be our own homes. I mean, I know for a fact that I'm not the only one here whose siblings and parents or other relatives or friends are starting (or have started) to slip down a very slippery slope away from Sikhi and Guru Ji...

I suppose a start would be just to do some paath (with them) everyday, or start a group up at gurudwara , and try and go through what you learn...ie. what are the meanings behind the shabds you read etc.?

That way as a group, youths and even elders would be more inclined to learn, want to join in, find out what is sikhi about - because from these meetings, people will discuss wider issues/topics in sikhi...so it becomes more like a forum... if you will

lol dunno how to explain :rolleyes:

^^^^ exactly............

i mean we have a gatka class every week, our Ustaad is wicked because he always does parchaar after our classes in English, he takes tuks of Bani and breaks it down to simply and now parents are even staying for the classes

I guess we need to target our gurdwara.............i mean SUNDAYS at the gurdwara............soooooooooooo many people are there...............Waheguru is bringing them there...........i may get shoot for saying this.............but at the moment English parchaar in Ghurghars is definatly needed...............for the initiation of the "waking up process" lol...as i like to call it...............

We need to be honest.........in many homes...........Punjabi is hardley spoken............so where after akand paths on Sundays theres is this Massive window of opportunity..........for Parchaar...............

But what happens?..........gurdwara politics..........why is so hard to ensure everything understands why they sitting there............How special there are , to, at that, moment be sitting in Guru's charan....................Sikhi parchaar need to be done with love and devoution..........but can this been found?

When I used to read about sikh history etc. I used to be surprised to read that Gurudwara's were used not just for politics but open forums of debate and explanation/interpretation...

Nowadays they are (like you say) used for akhand paaths (which are good) and politics on a Sunday...Katha is done but if you can't speak Punjabi...it makes little difference. What's the point in someone sitting there speaking for 2 hours when their words land on deaf ears?

We should be able to involve sangat in discussions and hold question and answer forums and stuff...

The problem is, people spend too much time looking to eachother to lead, to bring the solution, to do SOMETHING...and noone steps up...

Akali Nihang Bhai Sahib Bhai Sukha Singh Ji Zindabad!

This Singh is one big ray of hope. He is young, does katha in a mixed blend of English and Punjabi, has an amazing knowledge of Gurbani, and you canNOT fall asleep in his katha, as his sense of humor not only keeps you awake by making you laugh, it SLAPS your mind/soul right left and jolts you about what you are missing!

lol pahji agreed, but you know what I mean... I ask my brother who Akali Nihang Bhai Sahib Bhai Sukha Singh Ji is and he'll laugh at my face...I'm better off asking him about snoop dog or miss puja
You do have a point. Best would be to bring him to the Gurdwara where Akali Nihang Bhai Sahib Bhai Sukha Singh Ji (he'll hate me if he hears me say that LOL) is doing katha (or veechaar as some like to say). I bet you he won't regret it!

By the way, snoop dog te pata aa, miss puja kaun aa :p