General Question About Religion/sikhi..

Guest Confusedmayer

Guest Confusedmayer

The only things that I have never understood about religion are the following

1 - How can people from Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism all be sent to the same heaven, because the first two believe in an eternal heaven/hell and the last two believe in reincarnation? If all the religions were divinely inspired wouldn't they all preach the same thing about the after life?

2 - Did people who worshipped Zeus and the other Greek Gods have a chance at getting to heaven?

These are serious questions and I would just like some clarification, thanks

I'll keep this very brief --

First of all, Sikhi isn't a religion, it's nothing more than the path of Truth (to keep it in simple terms). In addition, I am not saying that other so-called religions are not true in some manner or the other.

Sikhi preaches nothing but the truth, it's true that there is reincarnation, though, what sikhi asks you to do, is realise that and realise "heaven" so what is heaven in this case? It is the state of you realising your-Self. Some people call it enlightenment... we'll go with that, no worries. And thus, get out of the cycle of life-and-death -- though even after you have gotten out of it, you may once again, chose to experience life again.

If all religions were divinely inspired?... They WERE inspired, and some folk didn't like that... blah blah -- in short, organised religion was born soon after the departure of the saints who "invented" the religion.

Back in the days, in the times of Zeus and the other Greek Gods, people have a huge curious taste about faith, what it really meant and what was looking after this world and all sort of crazy ideas which we today, intend to ignore. These people would spend time just looking at one leaf and trying to discover the mysteries about life etc.

Their thirst for knowing brought them to enlightenment, well some of them. Though, I doubt it was much talked about back then... the people who did get enlightened in some manner, did not even realise it, they took it as their feelings, or a trans state.

The truth is that, you have to remember who you are in this life which has been gifted to us, that my friend is heaven... so just like back then, ever one has the chance even know, to know God, but I doubt we listen.

People had various mythologies concerning the Greek gods, even the people themselves back in the time, some concluded that there is a higher force -- how to know it?

"ask and so shall ye receive" -- very true.

You know, we're very lucky to have Guru Granth Sahib, our Gurus took the effort to compile it for us, so that we may not be mislead, yet we still doubt it. What else can we expect from people who think such? To me, gurbani seems like a "code" waiting to be deciphered, and once it is... oi boy o boy!... ya, really amazing!!

The only things that I have never understood about religion are the following

1 - How can people from Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism all be sent to the same heaven, because the first two believe in an eternal heaven/hell and the last two believe in reincarnation? If all the religions were divinely inspired wouldn't they all preach the same thing about the after life?

2 - Did people who worshipped Zeus and the other Greek Gods have a chance at getting to heaven?

These are serious questions and I would just like some clarification, thanks

what is heaven?

how are greek gods any different than hindu gods?

why does it matter?

everyone should follow the path that inspires them to sing God's praises. there's no reason to worry so much about others, focus on what YOU need to do to realize God. :)

raag aasaa mehlaa 1.

Raag Aasaa, First Mehl:

chhi-a ghar chhi-a gur chhi-a updays.

There are six schools of philosophy, six teachers, and six sets of teachings.

gur gur ayko vays anayk. ((1))

But the Teacher of teachers is the One, who appears in so many forms. ((1))

baabaa jai ghar kartay keerat ho-ay.

O Baba: that system in which the Praises of the Creator are sung -

so ghar raakh vadaa-ee to-ay. ((1)) rahaa-o.

follow that system; in it rests true greatness. ((1)(Pause))

visu-ay chasi-aa gharhee-aa pahraa thitee vaaree maahu ho-aa.

The seconds, minutes and hours, days, weeks and months,

sooraj ayko rut anayk.

and the various seasons originate from the one sun;

naanak kartay kay kaytay vays. ((2)(2))

O Nanak, in just the same way, the many forms originate from the Creator. ((2)(2))

The true religion is to live in God's will. Total and unconditional surrender to His Will! Once you submit to His Will, Heaven will become like a holiday resort because you won't bother about it. Kabir Ji says in Gurbani that the joy in SatGuru Jee's feet is higher than Heaven.

Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Salok Kabeer Jee on Ang 1370

kbIr surg nrk qy mY rihE siqgur ky prswid ]

kabeer surag narak thae mai rehiou sathigur kae parasaadh ||

Kabeer, I have been spared from heaven and hell, by the Grace of the True Guru.

crn kml kI mauj mih rhau AMiq Aru Awid ]120]

charan kamal kee mouj mehi reho a(n)th ar aadh ||120||

From beginning to end, I abide in the joy of the Lord's Lotus Feet. ||120||

Akal Ustat

`Guru Gobind Singh Ji

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਭਿਖਾਰੀ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਮਾਂਗਤ ਫਿਰਤ ਭੀਖ ਕਹੂੰ ਮਹਾ ਦਾਨ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਮਾਂਗਿਓ ਧਨ ਦੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

Somewhere becoming a beggar, Thou beggest alms and somewhere becoming a Supreme Donor, Thou bestowest the begged wealth.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਿਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਗੁਨ ਅਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁਰਗੁ ਨ ਸਮੇਤ ਹੋ ॥੧॥੧੧॥

Somewhere Thou workest in accordance with Vedic rites and somewhere Thou art quite opposed to it; somewhere Thou art without three modes of maya and somewhere Thou hast all godly attributes.1.11.

ਕਹੂੰ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਹਿੰਦੂਆ ਗਾਇਤ੍ਰੀ ਕੋ ਗੁਪਤ ਜਪਿਓ ਕਹੂੰ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਤੁਰਕਾ ਪੁਕਾਰੇ ਬਾਂਗ ਦੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

Somewhere Thou becomest a Hindu and repeatest Gayatri secretly: Somewhere becoming a Turk Thou callest Muslims to worship.

ਕਹੂੰ ਕੋਕ ਕਾਬ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੋ ਪੜਤ ਮਤ ਕਤਰੂੰ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਕੋ ਨਿਦਾਨ ਜਾਨ ਲੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

Somewhere being a poet thou recitest the Pauranic wisdom and somewhere Thou comprehendest the essence of Quran.

Somewhere Thou workest in accordance with Vedic rites and somewhere Thou art quite opposed to it;

He does as he wishes.

You can pray to him and ask for materialistic things and he will will bestow.

However, if love is not felt for the almighty, the one who keeps on giving more and more, every sukh will turn to dukh.

You should recite bani, if you wish to understand the power of Naam.

There are no more GODS other than ONE...

When we die, I heard from elders (trust me, they are the most reliable source), that our soul is questioned and everyone there speaks the same language...It's an "Atamic (soul) Mandal (place)"...Same language for everyone...No one there is Muslim,Hindu, or whatever...

There we are just a bunch of criminals waiting for Dharmraaj to give his judgement...

One thing though, there are MANY Heavens and Hells of different types if you read "Jap Ji Sahib" you get the idea...And we are sent there according to our actions...

---------------------------------------------------

...But don't worry about these questions, they are useless...

Who cares about Heaven and Hell, as Gursikhs our focus should be on how to reach SACHKHAND where no Dharamraj can reach...