nah maangoo sona chandi

nah maangoo heera moti

yeh mere kis kaam kay

ek garam chai ki pyaali ho

aur usko pilaane waali ho

chaahe gori ho ya kaali ho

dhiyaan rakhi keski vaali ho

Happy Birthday Singha!

I pray u find a gurmukh keski vali bibi who can serve u tea with love. If u find 2 bibis, give one to me, haha.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harinder veerji

Birthday tuhada

cake khaana tusi, sanu ikk bite vi ni milni

ehmi inna sochna pai gaya sannu

not fair

:sad: :sad:

Mehtab Singhaaa,

Dass ke chahida tannuu.

Paisaa, sonaa, zameen, Mercedez, ferari,

nah maangoo sona chandi

nah maangoo heera moti

yeh mere kis kaam kay

ek garam chai ki pyaali ho

aur usko pilaane waali ho

chaahe gori ho ya kaali ho

dhiyaan rakhi keski vaali ho

Happy Birthday Singha!

I pray u find a gurmukh keski vali bibi who can serve u tea with love. If u find 2 bibis, give one to me, haha.

:lol: ^

i dont cook but

Eggless Chocolate cake with Mocha Icing

Ingredients

self raising /Flour-1 cup

condensend milk- 1/2 tin

Milk - 1/2 cup

Butter - 1/2 cup

Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 tbsp

Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup

Baking soda - 3/4 tsp

Baking powder - 3/4 tsp

Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

For the Mocha Glaze Icing

Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp

Softened butter - 4 tbsp

Coffee - 1 tsp

Icing sugar - 1 cup-sifted

Walnuts/Cashew/Badam - 2-3 tbsp,crushed

To Soak - 1/4 cup Coke

Method

For the Cake

Sift maida with cocoa powder,baking soda and baking powder-keep aside.

Mix sugar and butter,beat till fluffy.

Add milkmaid,beat well.

Add milk,vanilla essence and maida.

Beat well for 3-4 minutes till the mixture is smooth and light.

Transfer to a greased baking dish.

Microwave on 80% power for 8 minutes.

Let it cool.

Cut the cake into two and soak with coke( I did not cut the cake,just sprinkled coke all over the cake)

For the Icing

Microwave 4 tbsp water in a bowl for 1 minute.

Add coffee,cocoa and butter to it and mix well.

Gradually add the sifted icing sugar,mix well.

Glaze the cake with the icing and garnish with crushed dry fruits.

Refrigerate till the icing is set.

Serve with ice-cream.

After chakking amrit 2 years ago, I stopped celebrating my Birthday. I really dont feel I have done anything great getting born on this earth, lol so what to celebrate for ?

Anyways my mum wants to do a bit of celebration tomorrow? Shud I do a bit of candle and cake thing ??

I will be 13 years old tomorrow, lol

so how was the cake?

no offense, but posting to the whole group to say how you're too religious to celebrate your birthday because you received amrit sounds kind of, i don't know, egotistical?

you only have one mom. is it really so hard to say "yes" to a slice of cake from mom? does it really require the input of the entire e-sangat?

or is it an excuse to show how strict and religious you are.

there's nothing in gurbani against birthdays. as far as i know there's nothing in any of the most commonly accepted maryadas against it either, at least not that i have read.

so did you give in to your mom or did you take the high road and explain that you're too good to eat cake with her?

seriously, what a messed up question.

and yes, i honestly thought you were 13. the post made more sense that way.

After chakking amrit 2 years ago, I stopped celebrating my Birthday. I really dont feel I have done anything great getting born on this earth, lol so what to celebrate for ?

Anyways my mum wants to do a bit of celebration tomorrow? Shud I do a bit of candle and cake thing ??

so how was the cake?

no offense, but posting to the whole group to say how you're too religious to celebrate your birthday because you received amrit sounds kind of, i don't know, egotistical?

you only have one mom. is it really so hard to say "yes" to a slice of cake from mom? does it really require the input of the entire e-sangat?

there's nothing in gurbani against birthdays. as far as i know there's nothing in any of the most commonly accepted maryadas against it either, at least not that i have read.

so did you give in to your mom or did you take the high road and explain that you're too good to eat cake with her?

:rolleyes: ^

so how was the cake?

:rolleyes: ^

bibi, these are pretty ghattiya comments u have made. The reason I stopped celebrating birthday was not that I have become too religious, but because I really dont feel any reason to celebrate my birth. A person who isnt doing bhagti is a burden on earth and I consider myself to be one of such people. I felt that instead of celebrating my birthday, I shud be celebrating birthdays of Guru Maharaajs and other great sikh saints. Where is the arrogance in this ??

If u dint like my post, u shud have ignored it. U shud not have attacked me by saying that I am egotistical, trying to act over religious.

bibi, these are pretty ghattiya comments u have made. The reason I stopped celebrating birthday was not that I have become too religious, but because I really dont feel any reason to celebrate my birth. A person who isnt doing bhagti is a burden on earth and I consider myself to be one of such people. I felt that instead of celebrating my birthday, I shud be celebrating birthdays of Guru Maharaajs and other great sikh saints. Where is the arrogance in this ??

If u dint like my post, u shud have ignored it. U shud not have attacked me by saying that I am egotistical, trying to act over religious.

what does "ghattiya" mean?

i don't think you're egotistical.

i think the act of dissing one's own mother when she wants to celebrate the anniversary of the day she gave birth to you is an egotistical thing to do.

it doesn't mean you're a bad person, and i am sorry if that's how it sounded.

so out of curiosity, did you do it or not? :)