Considering Taking Amrit

sikhsunited

I need some guidance on the requirements prior to taking amrit? I've been a vegetarian for many years but only recently have stopped eating food containing eggs & gelatine. Whats the next step? Do I need to be ready or shall I take amrit and then pray that god helps me along? I've known for many years its the right thing to do but have been too materialistic? Will I ever be ready?

I need some guidance on the requirements prior to taking amrit? I've been a vegetarian for many years but only recently have stopped eating food containing eggs & gelatine. Whats the next step? Do I need to be ready or shall I take amrit and then pray that god helps me along? I've known for many years its the right thing to do but have been too materialistic? Will I ever be ready?

we are going to enter a very dark period in the near future. Its HIGH time to chakk amrit and do AS MUCH KAMAYEE AS WE CAN in the next 2-4 years.

People might call me crazy right now but u all figure out that I was right.

So all people who want to chakk amrit, have a go at it and keep a decent rehit.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT.

pray to waheguru to make you ready and he will. do your nitnem, start your amrit vela rehet (that's the hardest part for me!), and do ardas every day asking for waheguru to grant you amrit. if it's time, everything will fall into place.

something other sikhs told me, and i agree with, is that it's not up to you to "be ready". when waheguru grants you his amrit, you will become ready. :)

so ya, go for it. :)

pray to waheguru to make you ready and he will. do your nitnem, start your amrit vela rehet (that's the hardest part for me!), and do ardas every day asking for waheguru to grant you amrit. if it's time, everything will fall into place.

something other sikhs told me, and i agree with, is that it's not up to you to "be ready". when waheguru grants you his amrit, you will become ready. :)

so ya, go for it. :)

yeasshhh..waheguru will call us sooonnnnnn ....veryy ssoooooon !!

:pray: just gotta have faithh :D

im planning on taking amrit soon as well

does anyone know where i can find a copy of the full rehat maryada?

is the one on www.theshastarman.com ok?

wjkk wjkf

yep, it's solid. glad to hear you're going to accept the gift.there are variations in rahit betweeen groups but don't worry about it. in terms of personal practice there is almost no difference between the variations. the main thing for you is to do at least 2.5 hours a day of gurmantar, mool mantar, gurbani meditation while sitting/walking etc. also, stay in good sangat, even if that only comes to you from the gurdwara, as much as possible.

gur fateh ji!

dnt hesitate at all! if u r thinking of taking amrit thats great!

bt do not take amrit with the mind set of "experimentation"

be strong and maharaj will himself guide u cz he is the one who blesses everyone

if he wishes it anything that u want will happen

just do ardaas so u dnt waver frm this thought and stay firm

so.................

good luck!

and do tell us when u become a part of the khalsa family !

gur fateh !

Just Take Amrit...Don't Think Too Much...

JUST TAKE IT...Maharaj Ji Will Take Care Of The Rest...Have Faith In Him...

If You Think Too Much Then Your Mind Will Play Games With You...So Don't Let It Win...Just Go Ahead And Take Amrit...

Be Aware: Don't Get Involved In Religious Fanatics... :)

Just Take Amrit...Don't Think Too Much...

JUST TAKE IT...Maharaj Ji Will Take Care Of The Rest...Have Faith In Him...

If You Think Too Much Then Your Mind Will Play Games With You...So Don't Let It Win...Just Go Ahead And Take Amrit...

Be Aware: Don't Get Involved In Religious Fanatics... :)

agree 100%!

post-18673-1221192137.jpg