Standup Comedy & Quiz Night

CaptainC

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There’s always this paranoia of the 2 extremes miltant or moderate and the great fear that we are perceived to fall into the miltant category. I am not attacking the intentions of Kaurageous because I do understand them.

What my concerns are is simply the content and the approach of a Comedy show. I was not impressed and frankly offended by the youtube video of the “Gillay Kachay Wala” (which loosely translates as a jatha who have urintated themselves and walk around in wet kacha) who attacked the Dhadi Vara by replacing the bir raas with stupid lyrics and branding it comedy. If that was done by a non Sikh we would have probably made a massive issue out of it but as the attack came from within the panth many are very accepting to it.

Sukhy Singh is one of our assets and has been given bakshish by Maharaj with Kirtan, Gurbani and Katha. He can use his bakshish and guide us all or he can abuse his bakshish and dance around singing silly songs. I prefer the Kirtan roop of Sukhy Singh.

My benti is stay away from the attacking side of the comedy. Don’t make the Granthis, Ragis, Parcharaks look stupid. Don’t mock the Dhadi Vara or the Dharna dhuns of the Mahapursh’s. And don’t promote Sikhi by mocking the Sikh for his/her shortcomings. There’s a difference between laughing together and laughing at someone.

Rupinder Singh, i thought u were going to shut up? (in a nice way!) :S

I kinda agree with what ure saying though, i dont agree to some extents with the comedy of Sukhi Singh as taking the mickey out of dhaadhi vaaraan is wrong. I cant even look at another dhadhi now without cracking up.

In terms of the quiz night, im all for it. besides u lot didnt rant n rave last year when it happend in the midlands. I dont get it. or maybe our tolerance levels are decreasing as the years go by...

..."Gillay Kachay Wala" (which loosely translates as a jatha who have urintated themselves and walk around in wet kacha)

If you watched the video, it is actually pappu who goes to tesco and on the way back it starts raining and his kacha gets wet. his WIFE jageero warned himm but he didnt listen and when he got home he got SHI.THAR from her hahahahaha. the jatha is named after the great PAPPU! LOOOL

sukhy is classic.

rupinder singh chill out brother. now look you ruined the thread

well done mr militant

bring on the AKs

bang bang

hes happy

hes thrown a get together party at his 2mro night

free food and drink music the whole lot

AND EVEN KARAOKE!!

lol mr militant rupinder singh in a 70s disco outfit. haha

ok thats enuff of my immatureness

''you sold it hardcore, you sold it on ebay for 4.99''