No Mona Rule

Mr §ingh said:

I take tha as an Insult

u calling us fundamentalist bent - jsucause we're trying to follow our Religion to its fullest 

and u want respect?

tsk!

I see that you are a little touchy about this subject, I apologize if you thought saying fundamentalist was an insult.

I don't mean fundamentalist as an insult, but rather someone that more literally interprets their religion and follows it down to intricate details.

I don't say that in a insulting way, so don't take it as such.

So ur saying that Sikhs are fundamentalists unlike MUSLIMS, 

AND CHRISTIANS  ?

And stop using the word fundamentalist for people trying to folow their religion to ther fullest!

No, I am saying the majority of all people in the world are not fundamentalists, they are moderates. I think taking a basic

If u even read the basics of SIKHI

we believe thta no path is wrong

If no path is wrong, what is wrong with marrying a non-sikh? After all both you and your spouse will go to heaven if no path is wrong. What is wrong with each of you taken a different path?

now we want our Kids to follow SIkhi

anthing wrong wit that?

whats ur problem with tha?

and

ea that as well

but is it wrong to prefer a SIKH WIFE/HUSBAND 

might WANT ur kdis to remain Sikhs

Just to reiterate, no their is nothing wrong with wanting that. It is a personal choice.

Again please re-read what I wrote. The point I am trying to make is that your mate should be picked based on their personal character, not their outward show of faith.

inter-marriages are aLREADY PROVED BEING CONFUSING FOR SIKHS

and it was told 300 odd years ago!

Really? I would love to see the paper in which it was proved. Is it online? Can you link it for me?

Where does the REhitmaryada come from?

KHALSA PANTh

the SAME KHALSA PANTH GURU GOBIND S

INGH JEE KNEELED INFRONT AND BEGGED FOR AMRIT

THE SMA KHALSA PANTH GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE HA DTO LISTEN TO AND HENCE LEAVE THE FORT OF ANADPUR

SAME KHALSA PANTH AS GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE HAD TO LISTEN TO AND LEAVE CHAMKAUR!

WHAT MROE DO U NEED?

So if the "Khalsa Panth" says it is okay to drink alcohol its okay then? Obviously not. The only guide Sikhs have is the Guru Granth Sahib. So unless something is rigorously proven via the Guru Granth Sahib, it is merely the writings/teachings of humans that could be right or wrong.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr §ingh said:

I take tha as an Insult

u calling us fundamentalist bent - jsucause we're trying to follow our Religion to its fullest  

and u want respect?

tsk!

I see that you are a little touchy about this subject, I apologize if you thought saying fundamentalist was an insult.

I don't mean fundamentalist as an insult, but rather someone that more literally interprets their religion and follows it down to intricate details.

I don't say that in a insulting way, so don't take it as such.

I think u should relook up the definition of fundamentalist -

A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

often Fundamentalism An organized, militant Evangelical movement originating in the Unit

ed States in the late 19th and early 20th century in opposition to Protestant Liberalism and secularism, insisting on the inerrancy of Scripture.

Adherence to the theology of this movement

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=f...=fundamentalist

Ofcourse I get offended!

So ur saying that Sikhs are fundamentalists unlike MUSLIMS, 

AND CHRISTIANS  ?

And stop using the word fundamentalist for people trying to folow their religion to ther fullest!

No, I am saying the majority of all people in the world are not fundamentalists, they are moderates. I think taking a basic

No ur right majority aren't funademantalists

and are moderates

who 'water out'

but thats still wrong

if u wanan follow

follow it to the fullest!

If u even read the basics of SIKHI

we believe thta no path is wrong

If no path is wrong, wh

at is wrong with marrying a non-sikh? After all both you and your spouse will go to heaven if no path is wrong. What is wrong with each of you taken a different path?

Well problem

1 - One goes to chruch one goes to Gurdwara

do u even know what AnandKarj is?

SANGAT for both

and if they cna't even have sangat togeth

erpher faida ki hoya?

now we want our Kids to follow SIkhi

anthing wrong wit that?

whats ur problem with tha?

and

ea that as well

but is it wrong to prefer a SIKH WIFE/HUSBAND 

might WANT ur kdis to remain Sikhs

Just to reiterate, no their is nothing wrong with wanting that. It is a personal choice.

and thats what most ppl here want to do -

and if thats what they wana do

then the best option IS for both parents to be Sikhs :@

Again please re

-read what I wrote. The point I am trying to make is that your mate should be picked based on their personal character, not their outward show of faith.

Faith is an imporatant issue along side with personal Character

BOTH should ber egarded :@

inter-marriages are aLREADY PROVED BEING CONFUSING FOR SIKHS

and it was told 300 odd years ago!

Really? I would love to see the paper in which it was proved. Is it online? Can you link it for me?

I've got loads of friends who's

parents are one Hindu one SIkh

problem

'I'm a half Sikh half hindu' rolleyes.gif

littearly-

'I Idol worship - But I don't idol Worshi'

'I caste distinguish ppl, but am against caste system' rolleyes.gif

its always a mess

and kids ends up having no spirituality at all'ever heard

'better have two feet on one boat, than one feet on one, and another foot on the other boat'

haha rephrased a lil

bit tongue.gif

Where does the REhitmaryada come from?

KHALSA PANTh

the SAME KHALSA PANTH GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE KNEELED INFRONT AND BEGGED FOR AMRIT

THE SMA KHALSA PANTH GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE HA DTO LISTEN TO AND HENCE LEAVE THE FORT OF ANADPUR

SAME KHALSA PANTH AS GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE HAD TO LISTEN TO AND LEAVE CHAMKAUR!

WHAT MROE DO U NEED?

So if the "Khalsa Panth" says it is okay to drink alcohol its okay then? Obviously not. The only guide Sikhs have is the Guru Granth Sahib. So unless something is rigorously proven via the Guru Granth Sahib, it is merely the writings/teachings of humans that could be right or wrong.

Khalsa is alkways guided by GOD

u still havn't responded

how much authority

Guru Gobind Singh jee's poets

nd Guru Gobind Singh jee 52 HUkams are an authority rolleyes.gif

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

Wasn't this "R Dorothy Wayneright" Deleted from Sikhsangat before like sometime last year?

I found these posts of this <banned word filter activated>. do you remember him/her ? I do

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...hl=entry10098

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...4&hl=wayneright

Do you notice something strange in these posts? R Dorothy Wayneright is no where to be found because his/her posts were all deleted by the admin.

So Singho Apna Time Waste Na Karo with this person!

Dorothy, incase you didn’t know, we come here to learn about Sikhism, from the Sikh perspective. That’s difficult to do for young Sikh youth, when you are here determined to put doubts in their faith, with your atheist westernized views.

I mean, why do you have to disprove and persecute people’s faith like the Spanish inquisition? What it comes down to is faith. Either you have it or you don’t. People who have faith in the Gurus and traditions of our forefathers are called Sikhs. People who don’t are non-Sikhs.

Eastern (Indian sub-continent) culture differs from your western culture greatly. Our culture and beliefs may seem very illogical and alien to you, just as your beliefs seem alien, and to a certain degree immoral to some of us.

Basically Sikhs are very protective of there faith and traditions. It’s our faith in the Gurus which helped us get through and survive the horrible Islamic, British, and Mahant persecution and distortions. Sikhs believe in the rule of “live and let live”. Even when Sikh rule was established, Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus, and even European Christians lived in peace and harmony in Punjab, which was unseen at the time even in western countries. So c’mon lady, relax. Let us live and practice our faith and traditions with some tolerance.

Wasn't this "R Dorothy Wayneright" Deleted from Sikhsangat before like sometime last year?

I found these posts of this <banned word filter activated>. do you remember him/her ? I do

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...hl=entry10098

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...4&hl=wayneright

Do you notice something strange in these posts? R Dorothy Wayneright is no where to be found because his/her posts were all deleted by the admin.

So Singho Apna Time Waste Na Karo with this person!

THanks BraveKhalsa jee :):@

Wicked post Singh47

Everyone - please report our goofer :@

bhulll chukk maaf

GurFateh

Also could you possibly list some ideas as to what kind of things we could tell our kids or have been told by our parents, with regards to what we can and cant do.

I'd like to start by saying that i also come from an imidiate family that all have taken Amrit and keep their Kesh etc.. When i was growing up, Sikhi was not fourced apon me... Parts of Sikhi, such as keeping you hair was explained to me by my parents.. as a child i was told stories about how our Guru died for Hinduism, and how Guru Gobind Singh Ji had to create an identity for his followers, so that even if the enimy striped them of all they were wearing, they could still tell that he was a Sikh... I was tought to be proud of being a Sikh.

Stories and explanations as to why Sikhi asks what it does of its Sikh's helped me a lot when i was growing up.. and im sure we can use the same for our childeren.. Dont try to tell them they'l look better with a pag on, tell them exactally why Sikhs have to have a Pag...

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It Helped Me..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

did u know guru gobind singh je and so many other guru je didnt even add any bani into guru je? Y? well, thats how vaheguru wanted it

guru gobind singh je told people to write reightnamas, guru hargobind sahib je wrote hukamnanams, guru gobind singh wrote dasam granth and sarab loh granth, all gurus wrote hukamnamas, so as a refrence for reight, theres a lot of places we need to look.

SO, we sikhs value our reight very much

reight pyare mujh ko

sikh pyara nahee

we will follow our reight, and we always will

watever it says will be done

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dorothy, Guru granth sahib is not the source of almost any rehat. Almost NO rehat comes from guru granth sahib. Why? Guru granth sahib is universal, it is meant to be a message to humanity as a whole, not just sikhs. Guru sahib tells us how to live a good life and how to be spiritual, but does not tell us how to be in this physical world, for that we have rehat.

And if the ENTIRE khalsa panth agreed drinking was ok, then yes I would accept it (knowing that would never happen of course).

Also, you said a person of high moral character who drinks and smokes. But you dont understand, to us those things make someone have a very low character, even sleazy in our minds.

I would pick someone who has the same rehat (outward show of faith) as me over someone whos nice and has similar characteristics. Why? because I know such a match would last longer. Because my wife would have so much love for god, and I could match my faith with hers and we could live in a loving, faithful, god-fearing/loving relationship. That is a good relationship, much better than this so called "puppy love" or "true love"

tried it, its all BS.

yo guys, could'nt dorothy be RIGHT? like seriously????

hahhahahahaha joking man....

dorothy u gotta understand...that a sikh has too marry a sikh because of lifestyle....hukumn and many ohter things...

u can't juss step in, when u don't know hte whole scene of why and how! i barely know, but i understan why a sikh must marry opnly a sikh

Singh47 said:

Dorothy, incase you didn’t know, we come here to learn about Sikhism, from the Sikh perspective. That’s difficult to do for young Sikh youth, when you are here determined to put doubts in their faith, with your atheist westernized views.

First and foremost I am not a atheist. Second western views are hardly atheist. Actually the current nation (United States) that carries the torch of the west has its culture firmly planted in puritanical christian beliefs.

Now with regards to Sikh youth, if someone's faith can be shaken by something as simple as a forum post made by a total stranger, that individual has much larger problems with his or her youth than anything I could cause.

I mean, why do you have to disprove and persecute people’s faith like the Spanish inquisition? What it comes down to is faith. Either you have it or you don’t. People who have faith in the Gurus and traditions of our forefathers are called Sikhs. People who don’t are non-Sikhs.

So if a person that has faith in the Gurus they are a Sikh. Okay I bet there are plenty of men and women that cut their hair that still have faith in the gurus. So why should

n't two people a Amrithari and non-Amrithari be allowed to marry if both have strong faith in god?

Eastern (Indian sub-continent) culture differs from your western culture greatly. Our culture and beliefs may seem very illogical and alien to you, just as your beliefs seem alien, and to a certain degree immoral to some of us.
Well it is something both sides have to get used to. We can no longer live in isolation and pretend the other doesn't exist. So don't you think it is best if we start sharing our cultures and try a reach a nice middle ground? After-all their are lots of great things (and bad things) in all cultures.
Basically Sikhs are very protective of there faith and traditions. It’s our faith in the Gurus which helped us get through and survive the horrible Islamic, British, and Mahant persecution and distortions. Sikhs believe in the rule of “live and let live”. Even when Sikh rule was established, Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus, and even European Christians lived in peace and harmony in Punjab, which was unseen at the time even in western countries. So c’mon lady, relax. Let us live and practice our faith and traditions with some tolerance.

I am not saying you shouldn't be a allowed to practice your faith. I am just saying that it is illogical to not marry someone because of superficial characteristics (ie. cutting hair) when they are otherwise a great person.

khalistani said:

did u know guru gobind singh je and so many other guru je didnt even add any bani into guru je? Y? well, thats how vaheguru wanted it

guru gobind singh je told people to write reightnamas, guru hargobind sahib je wrote hukamnanams, guru gobind singh wrote dasam granth and sarab loh granth, all gurus wrote hukamnamas, so as a refrence for reight, theres a lot of places we need to look.

Okay, then lets see these primary sources of writing by any of the 10 gurus or the Guru Granth Sahib where it says a Sikh is only to marry a Sikh and the reasoning behind it.

we will follow our reight, and we always will

watever it says will be done

Isn't this a dangerous mindset to have? What if the rehat someday says drinking alcohol is okay? Would you do that without questing it as well?

Wouldn't it be wiser to read the rehat, ask yourself why it says such, then ask yourself does that make sense, and only then your decision as to follow it or not?

Mkhalsa said:

Dorothy, Guru granth sahib is not the source of almost any rehat. Almost NO rehat comes from guru granth sahib. Why? Guru granth sahib is universal, it is meant to be a message to humanity as a whole, not just sikhs. Guru sahib tells us how to live a good life and how to be spiritual, but does not tell us how to be in this physical world, for that we have rehat.

That doesn't make sense. The Guru Granth Sahib is a message to all of humanity on how to live a good life, but not in the physical world? Then what world are you taking about?

And if the ENTIRE khalsa panth agreed drinking was ok, then yes I would accept it (knowing that would never happen of course).

Does that make any sense to you? You would go against something that is clearly against Sikhi just because the Khalsa path says so? Think about that for a minute. Isn't that kind if ignorant way of thinking exactly what Guru Nanak tried to abolish?

What if Guru Nanak had that thinking that you are espousing. What if he said "Well everyone thinks caste system is okay, so I guess it is."

Also, you said a person of high moral character who drinks and smokes. But you dont understand, to us those things make someone have a very low character, even sleazy in our minds.
Then fine, only marry someone that meets your characteristics of high moral character. I never said you shouldn't be able to pick and choose what defines high moral/personal character for anyone.
I would pick someone who has the same rehat (outward show of faith) as me over someone whos nice and has similar characteristics. Why? beca

use I know such a match would last longer. Because my wife would have so much love for god, and I could match my faith with hers and we could live in a loving, faithful, god-fearing/loving relationship.

How can you say someone that say, cuts their hair does not have as much love as someone that does not? What if that person never heard of the Sikh faith but loves god just as much as you do?

That is a good relationship, much better than this so called "puppy love" or "true love"

tried it, its all BS.

I don't understand this, please expound on this last statement.