Punjab Is Being Invaded By -----

Singh, Mahan

I read this article at the websitehttp://sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?id=585&cat=18

From this it looks that Sikhs and their leadership are so “politically correct” that they would not try to prevent it.. As you may have also read reported in some Punjabi media from Punjab that “Ashutosh” (spelling ?) has challenged the Sikhs to debate. He wven sent a CD to Akaal Takht about it From the looks of it the Akaal Takht Jathedar does not know what to do. Now we have all the major religions after converting Sikhs. In the USA, it is Muslims and Christians; in the UK again it is Muslims and Christians; In Canada it is Christians; and In Punjab it is free for all, Sant Babas, Sauda Saadhs, Ashutosh, Radhaswamis, and now the Christians. Without any Parchar from the Sikh institutions, or any body telling what Sikhi is. the most of the people born into Sikh families are “sitting ducks” As one of the posters in the comments section says “It depends upon who gets them first”

The original article is quite long and posted at the website of Tehelka http://www.tehelka.com/story_main.asp?file...013004qaeda.asp .

The article that I am posting is taken from the sickchics.com

Beware... Punjab is being Invaded ...Again!

A Report by TEHELKA

Punjab is being invaded by foreigners ... again!

The latest invasion is no less insidious than the ones we've suffered through the last millennium at the hands of Greeks and Macedonians, Maurayans, Guptas, Persians, Afghans, Maharathas, Britons ...

This time around, it is being heavily funded by the religious right of North America, which in turn is being funded and facilitated by George Bush's administration and his strange religious agenda.

The poor are being targeted with the help of economic and political might, by a philosophy which has already sucked out all the beauty and spirituality from the Christian faith in the West. The people of Punjab and India are being sold an ideology which has already proved bankrupt elsewhere, and now threatens the very existence of a society shaped by the incomparably rich and unique philosophy of the Gurus.

We have have been weakened in recent years by a number of body blows: 1947, the 1984 assault on the Golden Temple and gurdwaras across the land, and the pogroms across the nation the same year ... and by the shenaningans of our "leaders". No wonder the vultures are hovering ...

We need to act NOW!

The following is an extract from an article I came across recently in the Tehelka journal which spells out the threat in clear terms. Please circulate it widely ... the first step is to inform ourselves of the goings-on.

[sahib Singh, Chandigarh, Punjab.]

By the mid-1990s, when "spying missions" were despatched to India by US-based transnational missionary organisations (TMOs), it was part of the larger conversion mission, AD2000 and the Joshua Project.

Abraham's commentary in a film produced by Agape reveals that "by the mid-1990s, a growing realisation for the need for a systematic church-planting effort covering the entire state was gaining momentum. We held a systematic grassroots level harvest force research in 1998 and the results were an eye-opener for us.

"There were 262 pin code areas in Punjab without any churches in 1998. In the next three years, however, all the 491 postal code areas in the state gained entry into the church map".

This was possible due to the research and survey conducted by Brother Issac Dutta, research coordinator, Punjab, Operation Agape.

"God gave me the burden of Punjab in 1997. I started my research in 1997. My team and I visited 1,100 Christian workers in the whole of Punjab, collecting data from them on who was working in different villages, blocks and districts", Dutta explained.

The North India Harvest Network, also started by Abraham, used the "Pin Code survey" conducted by the Indian Missions Association, Chennai, to generate ethnographic data in the North Indian states. The data has armed the US intelligence agencies, for they now have unparalleled access to the remotest corners of India and are again, pincer-like, bringing areas into "the fold" by secretly unleashing pastors in different blocks and districts.

Operation Agape has, for example, been instrumental in producing over 3,000 "house-churches" in Madhya Pradesh in the last six years. Their conversion figure stands at a record number of "60,000 to 70,000" converts.

"Our methods have become a model for churches all across India", says Abraham. "The house-church movement does not strive for buildings. We do not believe in buildings. Traditional churches are dying. The Anglican church in England is dying. The house-church movement is the spirit of God.

"Ludhiana is a city where the church has done really well. Now we are dreaming of a church in every colony. Fifty percent of colonies in Ludhiana and 60 percent of villages in Punjab have churches now", he told Tehelka.

Planting churches in Punjab

Operation Agape is supported by Christian Aid, a US-based conversion-funding agency, run by Rev. Bob Finley, a loyal supporter of President Bush. The mission headquarters of this operation is Agape Bhawan, located within the Christian Medical College in Ludhiana.

Abraham was extremely evasive about answering questions on Operation Agape, but a video CD produced by AGAPE Foundation, which is in Tehelka's possession, is explicit about the movement.

The film on Operation Agape interviews Rev. C. George, who claims to have begun the church planting movement in Punjab:

"I had great concern for Punjab...Then the Lord very definitely, specifically asked me to go to the state of Punjab and do whatever possible so that the people will come to know that Operation Blue Star or Operation Black Thunder did not help, but operation of God's love will be the solution to the problem of Punjab".

Simply put, the strategy is to plant a church in every village and urban colony and notch up a figure of 100,000 churches in the state by 2010.

"We cannot say we have any challenge here because Punjab is open. All religions are respected and we can go freely to everybody. The most difficult states to evangilize are Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh because extremist Hindus are there", says Simon P. George, manager, Punjab Bible College, Hiran (near Ludhiana).

For full report: http://www.tehelka.com/story_main.asp?file...013004qaeda.asp

September 16, 2008

(comments) Conversation about this article

1: Haqeeqat Singh (Bakersfield, California, U.S.A..), September 16, 2008, 3:02 PM.

The above article reflects a devastating commentary on the state of Sikhism in Punjab. This "invasion" by the Christian Evangelicals is truly insidious - and threatens to wipe out our unparalleled spiritual heritage and destroy the very core that defines us as human beings. However, I feel as a society, we are to blame for letting our belief system and faith be compromised so easily. Today's Punjabi Sikhs are playing right into the hands of outside negative influences. We are destroying each other by letting envy, jealousy and apathy consume us. In today's Punjab, there is no moral fabric that unites us anymore. It's everyman for himself. Brothers kill each other over land disputes, drugs are rampant among the disenfranchised Punjabi Sikh youth, and distinctions based on the caste system i.e. Jatt/Chamar/Tarkhan etc. are as prevalent as ever. Unfortunately, I write this all from personal, first hand experience. What is the solution? At this point, I'm not sure I know. When I first moved from Amritsar to the U.S., I cut my hair, shaved and stopped going to gurdwara. I had given up on the whole culture because I had seen what was going on first hand. Punjabi pride and unity was a thing of the past - long gone. On the whole, the only pride a Punjabi has in Punjab these days is how much money he has, and this cut-throat "survival of the fittest" mentality. The people who wear turbans and long beards drink whisky in the evenings and discuss how to pay-off local politicians and patwaaris. The chief minister of Punjab, who is also the head of the organization (SGPC) responsible for promoting the Sikh Faith and running Gurdwaras, is pictured in newspapers with a hindu tilak on his forehead after attending pooja at a hindu temple in order to garner votes. These examples constitute reality, folks - you can't make this sort of thing up. The youth of Punjabi villages are disenchanted with the system. They watch MTV and aspire to be like what they see on TV - it's a form of escape for them. When they look up to their elders they see hypocrisy and political corruption. They are not the ones to blame. Nobody teaches the next generation about values and Sikhism. It's all about bling-bling, looking like what they see on TV, and leaving the pind for better opportunity, even at the expense of their own identity and belief-system. Trust me, there are complete villages in Majha (which was once regarded as the stronghold of Sikhi), that have the next generation of Sikh youth all clean shaven. Fathers all wear puggs and fight elections, and sons are all clean shaven. This is the land where our ancestors gave their lives and their children's lives to preserve the identity that the Guru gave to us. I am not trying to preach here, because I too had cut my hair, but I think the whole environment has changed for the worse. The environment in Punjab is ripe for these Christian evangelists and the fault is none other than OUR own. I urge those threatened by the demeaning tactics, intolerance, and blatant financial opportunism of the Christian Right to read Sam Harris's excellent work: A Letter to a Christian Nation, published by Knopf. It articulates a number of wonderfully rational and intellectual arguments against the bigotry, hypocrisy, and divisive nature of these so called "Christians" whose sole aim is to convert other people to their own belief and thinking.

2: LS (San Jose, California, U.S.A.), September 16, 2008, 4:48 PM.

Among my American friends, I keep hearing about incidents of conversion (one recently I heard was from someone who converted to Muslim and was sharing a story about how he's fasting these days!), many others I hear about conversion to Christian (mainly the poor ones for whom obviously any help is like light from God - it depends who offers them first!).

maybe its not all a big conspiracy, and its actually just people who truly feel it is their duty to spread their love for Jesus Christ and christianity to non-christians?

maybe if sikhs were as firm in their faith in guru granth shaib, they would have the guts to spread the message of the gurus to the 900 million+ hindus living next door to them?

the gurus set up manjhis or religious centers where guru nanak's message was preached. these days, gurdwaras arre not where any type of vichaar is done...its basically, throw money into a golak and peace out. even at harmandir sahib one stands in line for a couple hours to throw money in fornt of guru sahib's bir and then get out asap as the person behidn you will knock your turban off in the pushing and shoving.

its very convenient to blame christian missionaries from the west etc, but its funny how people who don't have a clue about punjab are managing to attract converts.

the sikhs' greatest wepaon is gurbaani. but the sad thing is that most sikhs don't read gurbaani or do vichaar on it, they put rumaale on it, some toof is lit, heads are rubbed on teh ground, but god forbid we actually open up guru granth sahib and read it.

when non-sikhs approach us, we give them the usual speech about ten gurus, reincarnation, five K's, and when it gets to the deep meanings, the ones we don't learn in gurdwara sunday school, we are lost. that's when the christians and muslims etc get us and say so you guys have ten gods? blah blah blah...

its a complete failure on our part to make the effort to read and do vichaar on gurbaani. we need to stop worshipping pictures of "gurus" and treating SGGS ji as an idol and actullay read gurbaani so we can do parchaar and counter other parchaar. without gurbaani, i don't see any way of sikhs countering this other than adopting the strategy of hindu terrorists like the RSS, BJP, Bajrang Dal, VHP etc who fight christian conversions by murder, rape, and looting, because they can't counter christian thought with Hindu philosophy(caste system, etc).

peace.

As usual excellent points Singha!

What makes me mad is that back in the days when these poor Christians used to be so-called "low caste" Hindus, the ones in power never bothered to even make sure they lived like human beings, and today politicians (ones in power) are playing the religious card to make it a communal issue. They should be ashamed of themselves that the service which THEY should have done was in fact done by the British in uplifting the standard of living of those so-called "low caste" Hindus and THAT is what attracted them to Christianity. Yes the British and other Christian missionaries DID do it in exchange for these so-called "low caste" Hindus embracing Christianity, but even then it does not negate the fact that it was the moral duty of other fellow Hindus to have cared about these downtrodden people long before the British landed in India.

------------

------------

Yes, I agree. They can’t be blamed for it. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

It is the fault of the Sikh religious institutions and the ones who head them. These institutions have become merely for “ Matha take, throw your money in the golak, and get out after taking Parshad”. If someone wants to discuss about some points of Sikhi, these people occupying these position would look at him ( the person interested in knowing more) as if that person has dropped in from out of this world- seems like they wonder why is that person not satisfied by just “Matha take” and “eat” Parshad. At a few occasions I have met the Presidents of some Gurdwara committees who can’t explain or translate even the Mool Mantar. The people expect them to lead Sangat !!!

yes mehtab singh, i agree, when these "chamaars" "choore" were being kicked out of gurdwaras and had to make separate cremation grounds no one bothered. the day they changed their names to john or paul, it was dharam yudh...i mean come on.

"If someone wants to discuss about some points of Sikhi, these people occupying these position would look at him ( the person interested in knowing more) as if that person has dropped in from out of this world- seems like they wonder why is that person not satisfied by just “Matha take” and “eat” Parshad."

right on. eat the parshad and move along.

you know..i recently met the producer of the movie "Sundri" and "Schote Sahibzaade" the animated films here in the west...my wife, who is from punjab, saw the shaibzaade movie for the first time and was like wow they need to show this in punjab. i was shocked since that movie is quite old now and i figured that living in chandigarh mohali area she must have already seen it as the Vismaad productions is located there...well i met the producer and asked him if they screened it there, he said no.

my wife has also been amazed at the kathavaachiks who come to gurdwara on a regular basis here in the west. she said i never see these guys do katha in punjab. she said if they said these things in punjab, it would effect people.

so my point is, we do have powerful katahvaachiks in our quam. we have very chardi kala gursikhs in our quam. it seems that the Siks living abroad are being exposed more to gurbaani vichaar rather than in punjab.

it could be because they don't get the audience there? don't know.

peace.

my wife has also been amazed at the kathavaachiks who come to gurdwara on a regular basis here in the west. she said i never see these guys do katha in punjab. she said if they said these things in punjab, it would effect people.

so my point is, we do have powerful katahvaachiks in our quam. we have very chardi kala gursikhs in our quam. it seems that the Siks living abroad are being exposed more to gurbaani vichaar rather than in punjab.

Singha there are enough bold kathavachaks, but at times the problem is speaking out openly and boldly about 1984 and post-1984. At some point, a number of kathavachaks HAVE done that, but I doubt if it was done in India. If it was, then GREAT!

Yes this needs to be done in Punjab, but how many youngsters will want to come? At this point of time, if we have to have an "eye-catching feature" that captures the attention of the youth, it has to be from a medium that attracts the youth of today the most. Now whats that? Obviously movies. But who would want to watch a sad and depressing movie on 1984 or whatever happened after that? Not today's alcohol-drinking drug-addicted Punjabi youth! And why would the Indians in the first place allow such a movie to be released/screened in India?

Someone said on this forum couple of years ago that the best thing to do at this point would be to make a Hollywood movie on Sikh history, and the right person to approach for such a project would be none other than Mel Gibson. This was posted on this forum in 2004 when the world went crazy watching Passion of the Christ. Just imagine if the "shehri" Punjabi youth who watch English movies were fed with this face of Sikh history which is RED in the blood of our Shaheeds, which is full of sacrifices enough to intimidate Passion of the Christ (with all due respect to Jesus Christ), wouldn't that slap their conscience?

Just a thought.