Evolution Or Not ?

Guest ****

well basically i wanted to know what are the sikhs views on evolution and what do tehy say about how life began

i really need some decent answers as i will be debating this issue with my other mates, teachers, etc. i wasnt soo sure what us sikhs say about how life began ??

relate to gurbannii as much as you can, i'm not loking for any opinions. thankyou !

mod note: please do a topic search, there have been numerous topics on this before.

"mod note: please do a topic search, there have been numerous topics on this before."

You can't search if you are not a member... So, guest you should register here you may find what you are looking for.

This site should answer all your questions. click here

There is evidence that humans did evolve, because we have found skeletons of previous humans, half man half ape, or whatever, but in the end that doesn't matter, because our bodies are only temporary, its is our soul that lives on.

Also there is the fact that modern science supports almost everything said in the Shri Guru Granth Sahib. Such as smoking is bad, and that there are lots of solar systems, galaxies etc.

It's both creationism and Evolution :)

kIqw pswau eyko kvwau ]

keethaa pasaao eaeko kavaao ||

You created the vast expanse of the Universe with One Word!

iqs qy hoey lK drIAwau ]

this thae hoeae lakh dhareeaao ||

[From that] Hundreds of thousands of rivers [shapes i.e. everything] began to flow [came into being].