Sign in to follow this  
sitargirl

Bharatnatyum

I'm so stupid. I think I posted a thread but when I checked again it did not appear. Anyways gonna try second time. My friend is doing a project on Indian culture etc. She has covered most things like music, foods, languages, clothes etc.

She wants to cover dance and as part of her project she needs to interview various people. If anyone knows of a bharatnatyum dance teacher or group in bham then can you please pass me the contact details. Thanks!

I'm so stupid. I think I posted a thread but when I checked again it did not appear. Anyways gonna try second time. My friend is doing a project on Indian culture etc. She has covered most things like music, foods, languages, clothes etc.

She wants to cover dance and as part of her project she needs to interview various people. If anyone knows of a bharatnatyum dance teacher or group in bham then can you please pass me the contact details. Thanks!

It's a dance...am I right?...

I don't think anyone would know here (maybe I'm wrong)...But look in your local directory...

They may have some listings... =)

lmao yes Nehmat, bharanatyum is a dance....very cool one too. I do Kathak so i know a little about Bharanatyum but not much. I don't know if i would be of any help to you. Sorry!! But yea try and look in your local directory, or google it. That should help!! :D

hey hey hey bham :6 u mean birmingham??? cnt u write full name?? :lol: here u go wit some helpful information.. :p

it ll b helpful i suppose.. hav a luk n find it...

http://www.jas-musicals.com/sectrad/JasTeachers.asp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• It's even important to realise that most of ancient texts , ancient meaning here pre 500 BC are so old that the context they probably are centred around got lost in passages of time.  So all you have left is a piece of a wider puzzle and although translations are done , I swear some of these Upanishads especially oldest ones are so riddlesome it takes a nice context to understand them. For instance , brihadaranyaka (big forest) Upanishad , one of the oldest , starts with mention of a sacrificial horse , metaphor for creation.  While today the text is almost universally taken as a vedantic and spiritual philosophical treatise,  it's important to remember this upanishad itself is a text within another brahminical ritual text called "shatpatha brahman".  So it might not have been a ritual-less, philosophy oriented text 2500 yrs ago.  Point is : if the context and culture of the scripture is lost , it will become very difficult to retrieve its original message.  Take in terms of Guru Granth Sahib, if suppose all traces of  bridal culture were lost , how would one make understanding of suhagan concepts in GGS. 
    • The difference between the Rajputs and Jat  (they are largely the same stock) is that Rajputs accepted Brahmin authority whereas Jatts didnt. 
    • Why do you reckon that's become a trend; this desire to dodge certain responsibilities and perpetually extend adolescence? I don't think it's something that's unique to us, by the way. I think it's happening to males across the world. Maybe a frustrated or petulant reaction to the slipping of the veil that we do in fact live in a female-oriented society with its requisite values (despite what the TV and other sources try to gaslight us into believing otherwise)?
    • Wasn't Ravaan a Brahmin though? Considering he was Brahmas great grandson or something like that.  Tamils and other southern people are quite anti Bamhan. 
    • Yeah I had to remind my mother not to go around and give samosas and jalebia to our Tamil neighbours on Dushera and Diwali !!  

Important Information

Terms of Use