'vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki'

Chandni Kaur

In ardas we say:

Ardaas, Ekh-oonkaar Vaaheguroo jee kee Fat'eh. Sree Bhagautee jee Sahaa-e. Vaar Sree Bhagautee jee kee Paat'shaahee D'assveen

BUT we are not saying the Vaar of Sree Bhagauti, we are only remembering our Guru-ah, so should we not say Vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji ki as this Vaar is Chandni Di vaar?

Could some one explain this to me please?

Thanks

AKAAL!

Well, vaar just means either time, sacrifice or ballad and bhagauti is Vahiguroo. Therefore, when we say 'Vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki' we are saying: everything, time, creation, story etc (vaar) is of Vahiguroo, therefore, I first remember him then Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The creation is the story (vaar) of God because he's the puppertier and puppet, the creator and creation.

The chandi dee // poem is also about God's herioc feats. Durga devi is just one of God's Sargun forms like us, the power behind her capability is of Gods. There is a story in Guru Ji's time, forgot what guru and can't remember every detail of it so I'll just tell in brief. A hindu once worshipped Durga and saw her doing seva at a Gurudwara, surprised he asked what she is doing here and she replied by saying "Where do you think I get all my power from, it is here from the Guru". The hindu realised that he was worshipping God indirectly, and Guru Ji told him instead why doesn't he just pray directly to God. Remember that there is no difference between Guru and God, the only difference is the human body that they were in.

In conclusion, 'vaar sri bhaguti ki ji' is just referring to God and chandi di vaar is also referring to God. It all begins with God.

Anyhow, as long as the ardaas is heard by Guru/God then it's fine.

Hope that helped.

<>vwihgurU jI kI Pqih[

God is One. All victory is of the Wondrous Guru (God).

sRI BgOqI jI shwie[

May the respected sword (God in the form of the Destroyer of evil doers) help us!

vwr sRI BgOqI jI kI pwqSwhI 10[

Ode of the respected sword recited by the Tenth Guru.

ipRQm BgOqI ismr kY gur nwnk leI iDAwie[

First remember the sword (God in the form of Destroyer of evil doers); then remember and meditate upon Guru Nanak.

Vaar= ode

Bhagauti = sword (god himself raised in order to destory evil)

Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj ji loved his shastrs...If you read history, his stitches tore apart because he used his weapon...It required too much strength to lift that weapon up but he did anyways because someone commented that "these sikhs just keep shastrs for a mere show"...How could he take an insult ,as such, about his shastrs. He considered his shastrs - GOD...He LOVED THEM...loved them...

A line you must have read under Maharaj ji's picture by Bhai Sobha Singh Ji:

"Choonkar Az Hama Heelte Dar Guzasht, Halal-ast Burdan Ba Shamsheer Dast"

"It is necessary for a sword (Shamsheer) to be raised when all other modes of fighting an evil have failed..."

You can see that Maharaj ji loved using the word "Shamsheer"..."Bhaguati"..."Shree Sahib"..."Kirpan"... =)

Very deep question Bibi...WOW! =)

Also, why don't you ask yourself this question: Why didn't Guru Ji straight after 'vaar sri bhagauti ji ki' just begin the poem of chandi instead of all the 'I first remember you, then guru nanak dev, then angad dev, then...'?

The reason could be that Guru Nanak Dev ji and the rest of the Gurus mentioned are a part of this vaar, and it begins with them and then after them Durga (aka Maya). All derive their power from Bhagauti (God/Sword). We (the sikhs) have just added to it the Vaar of Guru Gobind Singh, Guru Granth Sahib, panj pyarai, chali mukti etc.

Well, vaar just means either time, sacrifice or ballad and bhagauti is Vahiguroo. Therefore, when we say 'Vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki' we are saying: everything, time, creation, story etc (vaar) is of Vahiguroo, therefore, I first remember him then Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The creation is the story (vaar) of God because he's the puppertier and puppet, the creator and creation.

The chandi dee // poem is also about God's herioc feats. Durga devi is just one of God's Sargun forms like us, the power behind her capability is of Gods. There is a story in Guru Ji's time, forgot what guru and can't remember every detail of it so I'll just tell in brief. A hindu once worshipped Durga and saw her doing seva at a Gurudwara, surprised he asked what she is doing here and she replied by saying "Where do you think I get all my power from, it is here from the Guru". The hindu realised that he was worshipping God indirectly, and Guru Ji told him instead why doesn't he just pray directly to God. Remember that there is no difference between Guru and God, the only difference is the human body that they were in.

In conclusion, 'vaar sri bhaguti ki ji' is just referring to God and chandi di vaar is also referring to God. It all begins with God.

Hope that helped.

chandi is not the sargun form of vaheguroo but a simple creation of vaheguru.

The only sargun form of Vaheguroo is Dhur Ki bani and also the creation is Vaheguroo Ji's image.

We do not even know that a specific being called chandi who fought these battles even existed. In my own humble opinion I don't think Guroo Sahib meant us to believe that all of these things happened, but to take inspiration from it to go to war. It's definetly written by Guroo Sahib but daas doesn't think its meant to be taken as a historical account or something.

bhull chuk maafee.

Hope that helped.

chandi is not the sargun form of vaheguroo but a simple creation of vaheguru.

The only sargun form of Vaheguroo is Dhur Ki bani and also the creation is Vaheguroo Ji's image.

We do not even know that a specific being called chandi who fought these battles even existed. In my own humble opinion I don't think Guroo Sahib meant us to believe that all of these things happened, but to take inspiration from it to go to war. It's definetly written by Guroo Sahib but daas doesn't think its meant to be taken as a historical account or something.

bhull chuk maafee.

Firstly do you even know what SARGUN means. Let me tell you, it means having qualities. God is Nirgun (without qualities) whereas we are Sargun (with qualities). Read gurbani to understand this.

Secondly, when one who japps naam (immensely) see everything that exists. And let me tell you Durga devi exists and this war DID HAPPEN. God has created many different species, beings you wouldn't even think exist. Why? because you live in this human body and you can only see what the eyes of this human body is capable of seeing. You need the spiritual eyes to see what else exists besides this world and humans. Also, you need to clean the dirt/filth of the eyes which have become like this from many times being born and indulging in sin.

Vaheguroo. I do understand what sargun means but there is no way Chandi or any other Hindu god is a form of God, this is only what Hindus believe. One individual piece of his creation is not meant to be considered as God, but the creation as a whole is his image, though not him himself. All these supposed gods have been mentioned in Gurbani as mere beings, not a form of god.

About if it happened or not, you are right there maharaj hi janee jaan.

Thanks for all the replies,

and to Singhstah - If you don't see God in ALL then you don't see them AT ALL!

So why argue about Chandi, do you know them personally?

Well, chandni kaur, DO YOU know Chandi personally?