Sharia Law In The Uk - Important Please Read

Guest _Lakhy_

Hello all,

SIGN THE PETITION!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

The petition, which needs to be signed by October 4, can be found here:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/sharialawuk/

and it's purpose is to oppose the introduction of sharia (islamic) law into the UK and to maintain British common law as the only form of law practiced in Britain.

Sharia law is discriminatory and misogynistic and it is medieval in its punishments. Moreover it based on the superstitions of a religion that is alien and inimical to Western values and life styles.

You can find out more about sharia law at the following websites:

www.jihadwatch.org

www.faithfreedom.org

And please feel free to send this post to anyonone you know who may be interested.

Regards

Moderators, can you please put this in the general section, i dont have a sign in name. Thank you!

I think this is important and people need to be aware of it!

I see nothing wrong with it. Have you actually read what they will be for?

They are purely voluntary courts of arbitration to help decide civil matters between Muslims if they wish. Nobody's going to be forced to go there and there won't be any cutting off hands etc.

As far as I know, they've been given the green light and have already mediated in several cases.

Hello.

Yes, I'm quite aware of the sharia courts' scope and their slow and continued struggle to undermine British law and replace it with Islamic law.

It's true that, for the moment, a sharia court can only mediate between muslims, but once the courts have passed judgement these become <i>legally binding</i> and <i>enforceable</i>. See here:

http://www.publicservice.co.uk/news_story.asp?id=7068

Note in particular this paragraph:

<i>

However, Siddiqi admitted that the courts can favour men, with several cases of domestic violence ending with husbands receiving little punishment other than being made to take an anger management course. In every case, the women later withdrew their claims.</i>

The point is that there is no place in Britain for a parallel system of law. Mod Edit; you are entitled to your opinions on Prophet Mohammed but please do not share your views of him on this board in the manner in which you described him, thank you.

A country should have one law and only one law, which everyone should be held accountable to, without any discrimination.

I'm very surprised and appalled that this was even given a second thought by the British government !

It's common for parties to a dispute to settle it using the law of whatever country they wish. this is standard commercial practice in many western countries. i see nothing wrong with sharia based voluntary mediation. my only concern is that women will be pressured into acceptng it, so i feel that there need to be strict guidelines to prevent gender discrimination, and if that doesn't work then remove that area of law (marriage law) from sharia arbitration entirely.