Sikh Federation Uk Annual Convention 2008

o_singh

Just came across a news article from SSNEWS ( e news ) . The national Press Secretary Jaspal Singh Sikh Federation UK, states that over 10,000 people took part in the sikh federation annual convention 2008 WHAT A PACK OF LIES. . How many more lies are they going to tell , all the jatha's in the uk that come together , Federation included, in june to demonstrate cannot even get 1,500 people together, but they are all rushing to the lovely town of Wolverhampton in there 10,000' s . YEH RIGHT.....

figures are always exagerated to prove one's worth. its nothing new. i would disagree witgh the 10,000 attendacne and i was there for the whole prog.

however why state annual convention was a "pack of lies"? why not just say attendance is disputed. you make it sound like the whole convention was a pack of lies.

i think you need to present it with a less biased slant.

akj babbar, for your information the sikh fed is a political organisation. it has done a lot for the sikh community in the western world. why dont you get one of their annual booklets and read it. you will see the work that they have done over the last 5 or so years.

they are not a religious org per se, so the work they have done with youngsters may not be that apparent. But thats not to say they havent doen anything. why didnt you come to the convention and then you could have found out?

failing that, i would just keep quiet.

figures are always exagerated to prove one's worth. its nothing new. i would disagree witgh the 10,000 attendacne and i was there for the whole prog.

however why state annual convention was a "pack of lies"? why not just say attendance is disputed. you make it sound like the whole convention was a pack of lies.

i think you need to present it with a less biased slant.

good luck to any jathebandi who are working towards the best interest of the whole sikh nation , but for the federation all else failed ( illegal strong hold on sikh gurudwara's ) , they got kicked out 99% of them , no more income coming in, so they go towards politics, POLITICS OR THE TAXI RANK so they chose politics.

Quote " good luck to any jathebandi who are working towards the best interest of the whole sikh nation , but for the federation all else failed ( illegal strong hold on sikh gurudwara's ) , they got kicked out 99% of them , no more income coming in, so they go towards politics, POLITICS OR THE TAXI RANK so they chose politics."

again this is not limited to the feds. i see other orgs doing da same thing. still, like you sed its better to do sumthing that will benefit the panth. in da uk its only the feds who are doing sumthing. i

i am not a fed lover but at the end of the day they have done some fine things. they are going to parliament and lobbying MP's (not powerful ones i appreciate).

what are the other jathas doing? have they been to EU parlimanet and lobbied MEPS's?

these guys shouldnt lie about the numbers but at the end of the day, they are playing politics - which is exactly what we need. look at how the jews created israel. political lobbying is a major thing to do - it takes time and support.

whilst we should admonish for untruths about numbers we should support their political lobbying approach.

all i see here is possibly another jatha have green eye at another jatha.

= bahmans 1 : 0 all sikh jathas

quote" all i see here is possibly another jatha have green eye at another jatha.

= bahmans 1 : 0 all sikh jathas"

exactly. the feds are the only ones who are pushing a viable prog for sikh rights. In the last 10years which other org has done this?

at the end of the day, is going to hyde park/london and shouting "babbar" gonna bring national/international recognition to the suffering of the sikh people?