Sikh Student Camp Should B Stoppd

frontline

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, being Amritdhari doesnt make you less immune, and yes its easy to show the world how 'good' you are, but allowing a Sevadar who cuts their Kesh, but yet performs Seva of Maharaj, doesnt give a good impression either way.

Everyones journey begins somewhere...........seva is not somthing that is reserved just for someone who keeps kes.........again pahji like you sed it is blessed from Maharaj, and if there are Moneh sewadars can that not be some amazing kirpa from Maharaj to bring non- sehaj/amrit dharis onto the sikhi path?...........untimatly......sewa requires pyaar and dedication, and again sorry to sound blunt and this is just my opinion but your physical roop does not intesify this pyaar..........because pyaar comes from within.........without that, outer body is nothing more than a shell.........we seem to be loosing site of this.............

Sikhi doesn't come cheap.. you need to sacrifice something in order to be able to serve your Guru. Seva can only be blessed, not taken. Not implying that all sehajdhari/sabat soorat/amritdharis who do Maharaj's seva are pure inwards, but some have given up something, whether thats stop cutting their Kesh, in order to be blessed with that Seva. That was the point i was trying to get across!

I agree but dont you think its more inportant to get the basics of sacrifice right? which begins with your mind, body and soul? everyones journey to waheguru is different...............some will keep kes all their life and have no understanding that it is a gift from God.................some people will be crack smoking gagster wannabes but waheguru does kirpa on both..........i guess what im trying to say is............if the inside is pure....if the soul is touch by waheguru and develops pyaar for waheguru........sewa will always be blessed upon REGARDLESS of whether there is a dastaar on the head of that person or a hanky...............

everyone has to start somewhere and who are we to put rules and restrictions around wahegurus work? but where errors are being made its up to us as brothers and sisters to aid and assist each other with PYAAR and SHARDA...........the basics of any sewa which i fear are being lost amongst labels such as amritdhari/sehajdaris/moneh etc...............

Yes everyone has to start somewhere, but start with the basics right? Performing Maharajs Prakash/Sukhasan Seva without understanding the fundemental teachings of Guru Ji?

eyku ipqw eyks ky hm bwirk qU myrw gur hweI ]

eaek pithaa eaekas kae ham baarik thoo maeraa gur haaee ||

The One God is our father; we are the children of the One God. You are our Guru.

:)

Everyones journey begins somewhere...........seva is not somthing that is reserved just for someone who keeps kes.........again pahji like you sed it is blessed from Maharaj, and if there are Moneh sewadars can that not be some amazing kirpa from Maharaj to bring non- sehaj/amrit dharis onto the sikhi path?...........untimatly......sewa requires pyaar and dedication, and again sorry to sound blunt and this is just my opinion but your physical roop does not intesify this pyaar..........because pyaar comes from within.........without that, outer body is nothing more than a shell.........we seem to be loosing site of this.............

I think you may have misunderstood me a little phenji, I didnt mean Seva as a whole, i am talking about doing Maharajs Parkash/Sukhasan seva in particularly.

Seva requires pyar and dedication, enough pyar to keep kesh? To wear this Bana of Guru Ji? Bana doesnt neccesarily mean 5 Kakkar, accepting your body how it was given is your Bana aswell.

Pyar on the inside should shine on the outside, i.e accepting whats been given, i.e kesh. Its not TOTALLY all about ' oh its the inside that counts'. Yes the inside does count, but how a person project themselves outside is also important. Otherwise there would be no need to wear 5 Kakkar and Bana.

did every sikh that came to Guru Ji in puratan samma come with kes/dastar?............no

did Guru Ji turn them away?................no..........................

did guru always show love to them regardless..............yes...........

could this be the reason that so many people after having darshaan of Guru Ji and became embrace in His pyaar, walked the sikh path there after....................? maybe............i do know but i know that i how would like to have been treated

Again I am not talking about all types of Seva, of course Guru Ji would not turn anyone away, but like singh_comradz quoted, a Sikh should not come infront of Guru Sahib without Kesh and Shaster. Don't think Guru sahib wasn't blunt himself, Guru Sahib doesnt always talk sweetly, many time in Gurbani Guru sahib talks harshly about a certain subject.

Just as a Sikh was reciting Gurbani with PYAR, his paath was not shudh, hence Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave hukam to his Gursikhs to go slap the Sikh who wasnt reciting Gurbani shudh. What was the need for that? Couldn't Guru Sahib just stop him calmly and explain the Sikh's wrong doing? No Guru Ji couldnt, because the Sikh was hurting Guru Ji's ang, but reciting Gurbani incorrectly.

everyone has to start somewhere and who are we to put rules and restrictions around wahegurus work? but where errors are being made its up to us as brothers and sisters to aid and assist each other with PYAAR and SHARDA...........the basics of any sewa which i fear are being lost amongst labels such as amritdhari/sehajdaris/moneh etc...............

Yes everyone has to start somewhere, but start with the basics right? Performing Maharajs Prakash/Sukhasan Seva without understanding the fundemental teachings of Guru Ji? i.e keep kesh? :6 yes, u dont keep kesh so u can just show others 'ive kept my kesh, im wearing a kara, which means I a Sikh', I agree this doesnt make one a Sikh, but understanding why we keep kesh and actually accepting Guru jis hukam, the image/parchar of performing such seva can be projected correctly. Remember we are all parcharks (preachers) of Sikhi, regardless if we talk about it or not. Our image talks for Sikhi itself.

Anyone who wants to be inspired to follow the path of Sikhi, needs to be taught correctly. If someone sees a sevadar who doesnt keep their kesh, but performs this seva, how can the image/parchar have its full impact?

Sorry if I have sounded rude while typing anything.

Fateh Ji

I dont think the organisers are totally at fault as they choose the talkers they think are decent but their views can be weird once they are at the camp.

As for the talkers bhai butta singh from bham did a talk there and we all know he is a panthic singh who does great seva, as for the other talkers we all know that the american sikhs have their weird but sometimes fresh ideology.

As for the sevadars who cut their kesh, i have personally seen litterally 10-100 people from soho road gurdwara mainly bibiya who pluck and bleach their kesh after taken amrit why do we not bring up their issues????

i love the american sikhs, but don't understand why people get so angry when they bring up real world issues. I remember when some members of the 3HO sikhs showed up in vancouver to talk to the youth when i was in junior high, they brought up real issues and talked about gangs violence drugs alchole sex and dating, the parants and elders at the gurdwara didn't mind the gangs violcence and drugs and alchole talk, but what they got angry about was the subject of sex and relationships being brought up, these issues exsist and if people think by hiding this stuff it will go away rather then giving proper education and guiding youth in the right direction, things will get worste, how many kids out their are in relationships sleeping with multiple partners