Vasakhi resolution

Guest mehtab

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Its Vasakhi time once again, the day when Guru Gobind Singh gave His Sikhs their final image, appearance, rehit and code of conduct. This day shall forever have a unique importance in the lives and minds of all Sikhs, as it is the day Guru Gobind Singh blessed His Sikhs with Amrit, the nectar of Naam, turning sheeps into lions, making the sparrow hunt the hawk, and setting the foundation of a nation of saint-soldiers. For those who are blessed with Amrit, i salute you. For those who are going to take Amrit this Vasakhi, i salute you. For those who hope to take it in the near future, i pray for you (and you please pray for me).

Being a regular visitor at this forum, and surprisingly one with one of the largest number posts, i have recently come across a new wave on this board. We have a number of our own brothers/sisters who for some reason have decided to leave Sikhi. We have been attacked by those who follow beliefs contrary to ours. And if nothing else, we end up arguing/fighting among ourselves over petty and senseless issues. Sorry to say, this is NOT the kind of panth, the kind of nation, or the kind of community Guru Gobind Singh had in mind. Labelling others, bad-mouthing others, attacking others has unfortunately become common over here. Before i become a big mouth, i humbly admit that i myself have fallen prey to rage at times and have not been very different myself.

Therefore, in utter humility, and with myself at the feet of the sangat, i make this humble request to each and every one of you. Lets all start our own efforts in trying to improve our lives. Lets all try to be the best Sikhs pos

sible in every possible way. Lets stop judging others no matter who they are. Lets stop doing nindya of others whose beliefs don't agree with ours. Lets set aside our differences and become one. We all want our Panth to improve, lets start that by each and every one of us making serious efforts in improving ourselves. Lets allow others to believe in what they believe in without mocking them or trying to prove them wrong only to satisfy our ego. Lets be accepting and forgiving, the 2 things that are one of the greatest gifts of Sikhi to mankind.

Let us all have this in mind, that i have to improve myself first before i raise my finger at another no matter who he/she is. That i have no right to call anyone as wrong until i myself follow what i m supposed to with 100% love, faith and devotion. That i have no right to tell anyone what to do and how to do it if i myself am not doing what i should. That i have to be the best Sikh out there for others to follow rather than preach something that i myself don't practise. That i have no right to demand something i don't deserve, and that i have to become worthy of it so that Guruji Himself blesses me with it.

Saadh sangat jee, lets make this site one that preaches love, faith, devotion, acceptance and forgiveness. Lets not make anyone who comes here feel confused about Sikhi, rather make them feel lucky to be here. Lets make sure no one goes away without having their questions answered. And this will happen only if we are accepting of others and do not launch a verbal attack on them the moment they arrive here with views that may be different from our own. We need to make an impression that Sikhs are the ones who change others no matter who it is, and not that we are the ones who drive others away!

Saadh sangat jee, lets make this our Vasakhi resolve, to find faults in ourselves, and good in others, and on a regular basis. To constantly improve ourselves, and constantly learn from others, on a regular basis. And if anyone on this forum

finds me going against anything i have said, please feel free to kick me where it hurts, and remind me of what i said in this post. Please do not respond to this post merely appreciating my words. i want to heed to them seriously, and so if u are with me, please lets help each other out.

Because life is too short to even love, funny how we find so much time to waste after hatred. Its too short to accept, yet we are so quick to reject. Its too short to forgive, and how fast are we who condemn, blame and badmouth. And lastly, its too short to learn, and we still spend it preaching something we have no idea about, without actually applying it ourselves.

Lets decide to improve our short lives, and make them worthy ones!

forever at your feet

~ Rochak

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Its Vasakhi time once again, the day when Guru Gobind Singh gave His Sikhs their final image, appearance, rehit and code of conduct. This day shall forever have a unique importance in the lives and minds of all Sikhs, as it is the day Guru Gobind Singh blessed His Sikhs with Amrit, the nectar of Naam, turning sheeps into lions, making the sparrow hunt the hawk, and setting the foundation of a nation of saint-soldiers. For those who are blessed with Amrit, i salute you. For those who are going to take Amrit this Vasakhi, i salute you. For those who hope to take it in the near future, i pray for you (and you please pray for me).

Being a regular visitor at this forum, and surprisingly one with one of the largest number posts, i have recently come across a new wave on this board. We have a number of our own brothers/sisters who for some reason have decided to leave Sikhi. We have been attacked by those who follow beliefs contrary to ours. And if nothing else, we end up arguing/fighting among ourselves over petty and senseless issues. Sorry to say, this is NOT the kind of panth, the kind of nation, or the kind of community Guru Gobind Singh had in mind. Labelling others, bad-mouthing others, attacking others has unfortunately become common over here. Before i become a big mouth, i humbly admit that i myself have fallen prey to rage at times and have not be

en very different myself.

Therefore, in utter humility, and with myself at the feet of the sangat, i make this humble request to each and every one of you. Lets all start our own efforts in trying to improve our lives. Lets all try to be the best Sikhs possible in every possible way. Lets stop judging others no matter who they are. Lets stop doing nindya of others whose beliefs don't agree with ours. Lets set aside our differences and become one. We all want our Panth to improve, lets start that by each and every one of us making serious efforts in improving ourselves. Lets allow others to believe in what they believe in without mocking them or trying to prove them wrong only to satisfy our ego. Lets be accepting and forgiving, the 2 things that are one of the greatest gifts of Sikhi to mankind.

Let us all have this in mind, that i have to improve myself first before i raise my finger at another no matter who he/she is. That i have no right to call anyone as wrong until i myself follow what i m supposed to with 100% love, faith and devotion. That i have no right to tell anyone what to do and how to do it if i myself am not doing what i should. That i have to be the best Sikh out there for others to follow rather than preach something that i myself don't practise. That i have no right to demand something i don't deserve, and that i have to become worthy of it so that Guruji Himself blesses me with it.

Saadh sangat jee, lets make this site one that preaches love, faith, devotion, acceptance and forgiveness. Lets not make anyone who comes here feel confused about Sikhi, rather make them feel lucky to be here. Lets make sure no one goes away without having their questions answered. And this will happen only if we are accepting of others and do not launch a verbal attack on them the moment they arrive here with views that may be different from our own. We need to make an impression that Sikhs are the ones who change others no matter who it is, and not that we are the ones who drive o

thers away!

Saadh sangat jee, lets make this our Vasakhi resolve, to find faults in ourselves, and good in others, and on a regular basis. To constantly improve ourselves, and constantly learn from others, on a regular basis. And if anyone on this forum finds me going against anything i have said, please feel free to kick me where it hurts, and remind me of what i said in this post. Please do not respond to this post merely appreciating my words. i want to heed to them seriously, and so if u are with me, please lets help each other out.

Because life is too short to even love, funny how we find so much time to waste after hatred. Its too short to accept, yet we are so quick to reject. Its too short to forgive, and how fast are we who condemn, blame and badmouth. And lastly, its too short to learn, and we still spend it preaching something we have no idea about, without actually applying it ourselves.

Lets decide to improve our short lives, and make them worthy ones!

forever at your feet

~ Rochak

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

^_^^_^^_^

very gud rochak jee. lets all pray 2 waheguru jee. guru sahib sanu kirpa karan. v should all folow tru path , teachings of ur beloved guru sahib's . lets stop hatred for other jathebandee. think of only khalsa panth all belong 2 one khalsa tat is pure, far away frm hatred,

far away frm kaam, krodh,lobh,moh n hankaar. waheguru jee bless da whole sangat wit naam-daat, sikhi di daat.

^_^

Gur fateh

Baisakhi diyan lakh lakh vadian

Veer jee I agree with you we don't have to forget about humanity and panth and love all beacause every human belongs to lord this is Guru Nanak dev jee message to us

Thankyou so much remember regarding what we are doing today .

Vaaheguroo

Rochak Veer

thats So true ^_^ We should all stop hatred against some Jathebandi or Samparda and instad look at similarities and become unified ^_^

THis is the part that touched me - or shall I say - KICKED me the most ^_^ -

We all want our Panth to improve, lets start that by each and every one of us making serious efforts in improving ourselves. Lets allow others to believe in what they believe in without mocking them or trying to prove them wrong only to satisfy our ego.

Thank you veer for posting this great post ^_^

Lets all unify and show what this Board really is here for ^_^

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

I totally agree with u rochak veer ji.Some young sikhs come here and see us fighting over here and there in every topic and start thinking that sikhi is FULL of controvercies.And then they start moving away frm Sikhi.I totally agree with u that we shud show umm the positive side of SIKHI.The love and humility.....integral parts of Sikhi.