Bana/chola

Guest _khalsa_

Guest _khalsa_

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I wore a chola today with some shastars in my dumalla. My bibi didn't like it and took the mickey saying stuff like "Its halloween tomorrow not today" and that i should go trick or treating like this tomorrow because people are going to think im a ghost. :@

I tried explaining to her that it's uniform of the khalsa and about khalsa fauj wearing chola and being thiaar par thiaar etc but she said "why would you go to jung in a ghagari" I didnt know what to say. Could someone tell me what I could say to her? I have worn a chola before but this is the first time she has said anything. The weird thing is that she's a gursikh and lived most of her life in punjab.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think I know who this might be lol. You shouldn't really care about what people think, that's what I do. When I wore a dastaar to school for the first time my 'sikh' friends talked about me behind my back. At first it really annoyed me but now I've gotten over it. Focus on your Gursikhi rehit, and I'm sure your bibi was only joking :D . Lol and was you giving out water at the langar hall at soho road Gurdwara today by any chance? If so, I know who you are lol. :LOLz:

if u have trouble with family instead of showing up suddenly with dummala shasters and banna go slow ... and do read banni and do ur naam simren waking up early in the morning doing ishnan ... once ur family has in mind ur growing internally to no one will stop you from growing externally .... and shift towards banna slowly .... else its very natural to have a surprised family !!!

yh ..gud one jassa..but as u say ur bibi is from punjab ..then dosent matter ..coz ppl from punjab think tht bana is only for nihangs . normal sikh cant wear bana ....

yh ..gud one jassa..but as u say ur bibi is from punjab ..then dosent matter ..coz ppl from punjab think tht bana is only for nihangs . normal sikh cant wear bana ....

ji i do my amritvela every morning and took amrit a couple of weeks ago. This isn't the first time i wore bana or shastars in my dumalla. They never really said anything good or bad about it before up till now. sikh in melbourne, your right she does think that its only for nihangs. Could someone post some gurbani about bana that shows its not only for nihangs. Thanks.

ji i do my amritvela every morning and took amrit a couple of weeks ago. This isn't the first time i wore bana or shastars in my dumalla. They never really said anything good or bad about it before up till now. sikh in melbourne, your right she does think that its only for nihangs. Could someone post some gurbani about bana that shows its not only for nihangs. Thanks.

A singh in bana looks so handsome, God knows why these punjabi bibis dont like bana. I also wear bana. Initially, people around me thought I had gone mad. Now, they have realized I have become a BABA hahahahaahahahaha