Music

jessicarox

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

If you listen to music that is not keertan you shouldnt be ashamed of it. Just don't be persuaded by it to do things that are agsinst sikhi. Try to listen to keertan one day and other music the next day and compare the two days. If any of you all make food at home that others are going to have please try to do sing gurbani when making it..it tastes better! When driving have keertan on in your car your journey will be more pleasent! I know of a person who is ALWAYS under stress untill she comes to the gurudwara...maybe because that is the only time she gets to hear gurbani?

If you want to know what a shabad means then go to www.sikhitothemax.com thats where I go if i am going to recite a shabad that i dont know the meaning of. Knowing the meaning helps to understand and concentrate on the shabad more. The more you translate gurbani the easier it gets as you will learn key words and the GAJILLION ways to say God! Some bani is easy to understand as it is closely linked to punjabi but most is difficult. Please try and understand bani before reciting it. Another plus to knowing the meaning of Gurbani is that you can shut up ppl faster when trying to prove a point in terms of sikhi! As sikhforlife said understanding bani is essential in sikhi. I'm not saying that i have it down pat but guru kirpa naal i do try.

So basically my suggestion is (not that its worth much) to try and recite/listen to gurbani whenever you get thet chance and if you are ever unsure of what a shabad means ask around or come here! I'm sure anyone here would be happy to help.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru JI Ki f

ateh!