Kabeer Satgur Soorme Baahiaa Baan Ju Ek

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

What do you think Bhagat Kabeer ji means by this? (also tell me, if you know of any kirtan tracks for these sloks :) )

kbIr swcw siqguru mY imilAw sbdu ju bwihAw eyku ]

kabeer saachaa sathigur mai miliaa sabadh j baahiaa eaek ||

Kabeer, the True Guru has met me; He aimed the Arrow of the Shabad at me.

lwgq hI Buie imil gieAw pirAw klyjy Cyku ]157]

laagath hee bhue mil gaeiaa pariaa kalaejae shhaek ||157||

As soon as it struck me, I fell to the ground with a hole in my heart. ||157||

kbIr gUMgw hUAw bwvrw bhrw hUAw kwn ]

kabeer goo(n)gaa hooaa baa//aa beharaa hooaa kaan ||

Kabeer, I have become mute, insane and deaf.

pwvhu qy ipMgul BieAw mwirAw siqgur bwn ]193]

paavahu thae pi(n)gul bhaeiaa maariaa sathigur baan ||193||

I am crippled - the True Guru has pierced me with His Arrow. ||193||

kbIr siqgur sUrmy bwihAw bwnu ju eyku ]

kabeer sathigur sooramae baahiaa baan j eaek ||

Kabeer, the True Guru, the Spiritual Warrior, has shot me with His Arrow.

lwgq hI Buie igir pirAw prw kryjy Cyku ]194]

laagath hee bhue gir pariaa paraa karaejae shhaek ||194||

As soon as it struck me, I fell to the ground, with a hole in my heart. ||194||

kbIr swcw siqguru mY imilAw sbdu ju bwihAw eyku ]

kabeer saachaa sathigur mai miliaa sabadh j baahiaa eaek ||

Kabeer, the True Guru has met me; He aimed the Arrow of the Shabad at me.

lwgq hI Buie imil gieAw pirAw klyjy Cyku ]157]

laagath hee bhue mil gaeiaa pariaa kalaejae shhaek ||157||

As soon as it struck me, I fell to the ground with a hole in my heart. ||157||

Wjkk Wjkf Jeo,

I think Bhagat Kabir ji is using arrow as a metaphor to explain the eternal wisdom of the True and Complete Guru and the Power of His Word. Bhagat Ji says the the arrow of the Word of Wisdom of the All-Knowing Guru 'struck' (affected) my heart so much so that 'I' meaning my ego and arrogance just shattered to pieces and I (as a person), just fell on the ground (meaning became humble and modest) and on Guru's feet, surrendering myself from deep within.

kbIr gUMgw hUAw bwvrw bhrw hUAw kwn ]

kabeer goo(n)gaa hooaa baa//aa beharaa hooaa kaan ||

Kabeer, I have become mute, insane and deaf.

pwvhu qy ipMgul BieAw mwirAw siqgur bwn ]193]

paavahu thae pi(n)gul bhaeiaa maariaa sathigur baan ||193||

I am crippled - the True Guru has pierced me with His Arrow. ||193||

Again, according to my tuchh budhh - Kabir Ji says with that hit, for rest of the world I have become mute, crazy, deaf, and crippled meaning

Mute: I dont speak ill of anyone.

Crazy: my mind is all in tune with the True name of the Akal Purakh, thats why to people Ive gone crazy.

Deaf: I dont hear ill of anyone from anyone.

Crippled: My feet dont take me on the wrong path anymore.

i.e i think Kabir Ji means that the True Guru has destructed the evil side of me with His Word of immense Wisdom..

kbIr siqgur sUrmy bwihAw bwnu ju eyku ]

kabeer sathigur sooramae baahiaa baan j eaek ||

Kabeer, the True Guru, the Spiritual Warrior, has shot me with His Arrow.

lwgq hI Buie igir pirAw prw kryjy Cyku ]194]

laagath hee bhue gir pariaa paraa karaejae shhaek ||194||

As soon as it struck me, I fell to the ground, with a hole in my heart. ||194||

Kabir Ji compares the Great Wise Guru as a Warrior that has acted as a saviour by destroying my ego and arrogance with blow of his True Word and the message, which has made me willingly submit myself at His feet (have accepted his Word of Wisdom whole heartedly ?)..

I just cannot do any justice to any Gurbani Tuk and for all I know I might be very wrong in interpreting the tukks, please forgive me for my mistakes..

Bhull chukk Maaf again ji

Fateh!

PS: Harsimran Kaur phenji, looks like you are new to the the site, so a big warm hello to you!! :) are you really from Finland? Wow, didnt know we had sikhs there too, niceness!!! :D

Beautiful explanation veer ji. I was really struck by the power of these bhagat Kabeer ji's words when i read them for the first time. But i was so puzzled especially by the part where he says he's mute, insane, deaf and crippled. I had no idea it could mean so many things, and otherwise too.. it all makes sense now.

Yes, I'm really from Finland. :D Hello to you too.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Waheguru...

Kabir Sahib is explaining the state of his soul when Satgur (God) met him and they interacted with each other---the words that Maharaj Ji said to Kabir Sahib pierced through his heart because they were filled with so much love...It left Kabir Sahib in an awe...They struck his soul and 'he forgot about his body' and 'experienced the love for Maharaj Ji from within his body, the soul'... =)

Imagine the love that Maharaj Ji's words must have had that left Kabir Sahib in such a state...You can experience this love when you listen to Maharaj Ji's bani...It's touching...

You ever been in a situation where someone you really love said something so touching to you that you started crying? Such is the state Kabir Sahib describes... =)

now its easy to listen explanation of any of gurbani pankti from sri guru granth sahib ji

for the above shabad here is the link from continous katha http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/04...4-Pankti-14.mp3

starting at 2:53 time.

for more shabads, first find out the ang number of guru sahib and then find out the katha from this link

http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/li...Granth+Sahib+Ji

Wjkk Wkf jeo,

Sunny veer jee, I'm a nobody, certainly not worthy of such praise. Yourself, freed, talikhaak, pheena all os you are infinetly wiser than me, whenever I read their posts, it makes me feel so glad that there are people out there who have such high avastha and let me tell you as long as we have esteemed people like yourself and the countless others I haven't mentioned, sikhi is just going to get stronger and stronger, please keep inspiring people like me who still have millions other spiritual concepts to learn!

Btw, thanks a lot for the links veer jeo, gyani ji has done immense seva and I hope it gets appreciated!

Fateh ji!