Rehnsabahi Keertan?

khalsaforce

Fateh sangat jee,

Well I was just wondering what is Rehnsabahi Keertan?? I only heard of this when I came to the united states 5 years ago. But while living in Punjab I never heard of Akhand Kirtani Jatha either until I came on sikhsangat.com...am I the only one on here who never heard of AKJ while living in punjab or there are other folks like me?....especially in my village no one knows what AKJ is lol...

Fateh sangat jee,

Well I was just wondering what is Rehnsabahi Keertan?? I only heard of this when I came to the united states 5 years ago. But while living in Punjab I never heard of Akhand Kirtani Jatha either until I came on sikhsangat.com...am I the only one on here who never heard of AKJ while living in punjab or there are other folks like me?....especially in my village no one knows what AKJ is lol...

Rehnsabahi Kirtan

is when sangat does kirtan all night.

it was reinterdused by bhai Randhair Singh ji

they use to have alot in gurus times but after guru shaibs

when singh had to hide they could not do them

so before Bhai Shaib very few happend and bhai shaib brought them back.

:lol:

There is a rehnsabahi keertan at the Akal Takht every New Years, and numerous other gurdwaras across Punjab, Delhi etc. on a monthly basis. However, it is not a surprise you were not aware of them. A lot of AKJ affiliated Keertani's have moved to the west or Australia, and they have become very popular in other parts of the world. In my opinion, the best ones are still in India.

Fateh sangat jee,

When I was in Punjab I had never heard of rehnsabai kirtan or AKJ either.

I have also noticed that Sikh youth outside of India are generally very narrow minded, when it comes to spirituality. Let me also clarify that not all are like that of course, before someone mentions that <_<