Britasia Tv - Spiritual 4am - 9am On Sky Channel 833

BritAsiaTV

Waheguru Ji

BritAsia TV has appointed a new executive producer to look after the Spiritual content which runs in the morning 4am to 9am every day.

We would like to apologise for the repeated content that has been playing. However this is to all change, but please bear with us over the next couple of weeks, as new programming and content in implemented.

We want this to become the first Universal Channel to promote Sikhi to all Religions and cultures. Therefore have found that the subtitles/translation have become very popular with the young Sikh generation and non Sikhs alike.

We want your inputs on what type of programs you would like to see.

We will be implementing a daily routine very soon, with nitnem and banis etc

If you have any video content you would like to share or would like us to come and film an event please feel free to contact us.

You can either email charanpreet.singh@britasia.tv or call 077 939 76746 with your suggestions.

Wow, thats nice of you to come on here and ask for ideas. It is the best way! :)

I must admit that I have only watched the morning programmes a few times but have noticed the repeated content. However, in your defence, Alpha Punjabi which is a subscription channel (unlike BritAsia), shows repeated content (spiritual and non-spiritual) on a daily basis.

My suggestion would be to, maybe, show a daily or weekly (more sensible) show of Gurdwaras in India etc and explain the history behind them. It's something that I really enjoy. Channel Punjab had a 30min program every week which was great. Maybe you could carry on where they left off?

PS. Sad to see the lack of replies on here. When some people see stuff that offends them, they are the first people to come on here and complain. When the TV channels go out of their way to listen to the community, those people don't even come forward.

Nitnem would be a good idea, maybe katha - katha of Guru sahib or Suraj parkash would last at least a year. A series of programs about historical gurudwaras would be nice. Sikhnet have also made loads of good videos in English, both for adults and for children.

In the short term, not repeating the same program every day......

WJKK WJKF

In my opnion you should put on more englsih katha, like the one you had runnning a few weeks back, found that really good. It would help people to learn more about sikhi

Also if possible katha by giyani thakur singh or sant ranjit singh ji ji e.g a half an hour slot everyday or something along those lines

Fateh

WJKK WJKF

In my opnion you should put on more englsih katha, like the one you had runnning a few weeks back, found that really good. It would help people to learn more about sikhi

Also if possible katha by giyani thakur singh or sant ranjit singh ji ji e.g a half an hour slot everyday or something along those lines

Fateh

i agree with satti2007 about having katha of gyani takhur singh ji would be amazing ...he's got so much gyaan. Also sant ranjit singh deevans would be good too. its suprising how many non-sikhs watch Brit-Asia..so more english katha pls...

I think britasia should cater for all the sikh population and im sure they intend to, a few suggestions would be, i have only watched a few times so i dont know what you actually do a moment:-

Nitnem CD By Bhai Jarnail Singh Jee (Damdami taksaal) - Amrit Velah - Reason, majority of path listens to there paat, also have subtitles, in background could have darshan of ithaasic gurdvaras.

Audio of Sri Darbaar Sahib Hukamnama with translations - cater for youth, know what the updesh of the day is.

Katha in englsih - Excellent parchaar - have lots on the internet already, could just copy onto tv. some well known parcharaks like Bhai Kuljeet Singh (lecester), Bhai Sukhraaj Singh (leeds), Bhai Harjinder Singh (walsall), Inderjeet singh (indy), Bhai Sukhwinder Singh (kirtanee sukhy singh), Bhai bhai boota singh, bhai manvir singh, bhai sukha singh etc etc to do veechar in english and talks - would be excellent to put up bhai parminder singh jee katha - america. All these are inspirational talkers the first few are very good.

Put videos of events where katha and kirtan are done e.g. recently the ''supreme sacrifice event happened'' was a big turnout and all positive feedback - would be good to share with all sangat, also Baba Thakur Singh Jees barsi - 3 days of gurmat parchaar in both panjabi and english - postivie parchaar.

Play katha cds of Sant Jarnail Singh jee, Sant kartaar Singh jee, Sant Isher Singh jee rara sahib etc, all positive parcaar and something the older generation would lvoe to hear once more - all gurmat parchaar.

Secondary - Giani Thakur Singh jee, Bhai pinderpaal Singh Jee, Baba Ranjit Singh etc

Have loads of katha on gurmatveechar.com

Kirtan - a huge collection on the internet, play video recordings of known kirtanees, Bhai niranjan singh, Bhai harjinder singh, Bhai maninder singh etc

and also of british kirtan smagams.

Put videos of idia gurdvara sahibs and panthic smagams and morchas - appeal to wider audience.

Gatka vids, demos etc, nagar kirtans, debates etc.

Remember the youth want gurmat parrchaar and not of some missionary or psycho scholar.

All the above should attract the wider audience.

I think britasia should cater for all the sikh population and im sure they intend to, a few suggestions would be, i have only watched a few times so i dont know what you actually do a moment:-

Nitnem CD By Bhai Jarnail Singh Jee (Damdami taksaal) - Amrit Velah - Reason, majority of path listens to there paat, also have subtitles, in background could have darshan of ithaasic gurdvaras.

Audio of Sri Darbaar Sahib Hukamnama with translations - cater for youth, know what the updesh of the day is.

Katha in englsih - Excellent parchaar - have lots on the internet already, could just copy onto tv. some well known parcharaks like Bhai Kuljeet Singh (lecester), Bhai Sukhraaj Singh (leeds), Bhai Harjinder Singh (walsall), Inderjeet singh (indy), Bhai Sukhwinder Singh (kirtanee sukhy singh), Bhai bhai boota singh, bhai manvir singh, bhai sukha singh etc etc to do veechar in english and talks - would be excellent to put up bhai parminder singh jee katha - america. All these are inspirational talkers the first few are very good.

Put videos of events where katha and kirtan are done e.g. recently the ''supreme sacrifice event happened'' was a big turnout and all positive feedback - would be good to share with all sangat, also Baba Thakur Singh Jees barsi - 3 days of gurmat parchaar in both panjabi and english - postivie parchaar.

Play katha cds of Sant Jarnail Singh jee, Sant kartaar Singh jee, Sant Isher Singh jee rara sahib etc, all positive parcaar and something the older generation would lvoe to hear once more - all gurmat parchaar.

Secondary - Giani Thakur Singh jee, Bhai pinderpaal Singh Jee, Baba Ranjit Singh etc

Have loads of katha on gurmatveechar.com

Kirtan - a huge collection on the internet, play video recordings of known kirtanees, Bhai niranjan singh, Bhai harjinder singh, Bhai maninder singh etc

and also of british kirtan smagams.

Put videos of idia gurdvara sahibs and panthic smagams and morchas - appeal to wider audience.

Gatka vids, demos etc, nagar kirtans, debates etc.

Remember the youth want gurmat parrchaar and not of some missionary or psycho scholar.

All the above should attract the wider audience.

I agree 100%, what khalistan_zindabaad said above and it is important that it is aimed towards all the UK sikh viewers.

The first hour / hour and a half should me alitle simran and amritvela nitnem. It would be a good idea to get video recordings of morning nitnem from different gurdwarae (UK and abroad) so a variety can be broadcast (obviously add translations to them). then the next few hours should be everything khalistan zindabad said.

I think britasia is great. Some of my non-sikh friends have taken a real interest in the keertan being played. Keep up the good work!