Roses Sweets

Guest _unknown_

Guest _unknown_

i really need to know if Roses sweets contain egg or not. Checked the ingredients and it don't say nothing about them having egg in them but some amritdharis have told me that they do contain egg. i'm confused because i've seen them been handed out at Gurdwara all the time and have even seen amritdharis eating them . :umm:

i really need to know if Roses sweets contain egg or not. Checked the ingredients and it don't say nothing about them having egg in them but some amritdharis have told me that they do contain egg. i'm confused because i've seen them been handed out at Gurdwara all the time and have even seen amritdharis eating them . :umm:

WHy not list the ingredients here

I found ingredients for Cadbury Roses over at Ocado, everything seems fine to me:

Milk Chocolate: Milk Solids 14% minimum. Milk Chocolate and Chocolate contain Vegetable Fats in addition to Cocoa Butter. Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Milk, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Dried Whole Milk, Vegetable Fat, Dried Whey, Emulsifier (E442), Flavourings), Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Vegetable Oil, Invert Sugar Syrup, Dried Whey, Hazelnuts, Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Vegetable Fat, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin)), Lactose, Fat-reduced Cocoa, Dried Skimmed Milk, Brazil Nuts, Crispy Cereal (Rice Flour, Maize Flour, Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Dried Skimmed Milk, Salt, Dextrose), Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin, E471), Salt, Flavourings, Acidity Regulators (Sodium Citrates, Citric Acid), Molasses, Cocoa Butter, Colours (Anthocyanins, Sunset Yellow), Invertase.

I think that website might not be reliable. Here is what the cadbury website says.

Ingredients: Sugar, Milk Solids, Cocoa Butter, Wheat Glucose Syrup, Cocoa Mass, Vegetable Fat, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Hazelnuts, Coconut, Glace Cherries (Contains Colour (129) and Flavour), Invert Syrup, Golden Syrup, Cocoa Powder, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin, 471, 476), Wheat Dextrins, Pectin, Gelatine, Humectant (422), Salt, Mineral Salt (500), Flavours, Food Acids (260, 330, 331), Egg Albumen, Wheat Maltodextrin, Colours (102, 110, 123, 124, 129, 133), Preservative (202). All units may contain traces of Nuts. Milk Chocolate contains Milk Solids 27%, Cocoa Solids 26%. Dark Chocolate contains Cocoa Solids 44%.

Link: http://www.cadbury.com.au/Products/Boxed-C...ngredients.aspx

This is for Australian Cadbury Roses.

In different countries, the chocolates are made differently could why the link for the australian ingrediant list is different to the other one , like in the case of Roses, i havent heard about egg or gelatine being present in any of them, but you just have to check which ones you are eating yourself.