No Beards Allowed, Except For Sikhs: Iaf Tells Sc

buddasingh

Actually most Islamic "scholars" agree on the fact that it is fobbiden to keep the beard shorter than the size of ones fist or somthing like that.

Trim the moustache closely and let the beard flow - Hadith 498

Peace!

498? as in: "It is not good that you people have made us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys. No doubt I saw Allah's Apostle praying while I used to lie between him and the Qibla and when he wanted to prostrate, he pushed my legs and I withdrew them. "

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/en...ri/009.sbt.html

so what point are you trying to get at?

Have you actually read my whole post are your just reacting on one bit?

I read it : ) and answered the line in which you asked a question.

they do have a choice: keep a beard and get another job or cut the beard and keep their job.

Yes. As was/is the case with Sikhs in many places. If that's acceptable to you then okay.

I thought this point of this thread is that Sikhs are meant to stand up for anyone in need, not just themselves. Correct me buddasingh if I'm wrong. I'm not sure why everyone is focusing only on Muslims? If people want to keep a beard why shouldn't they be allowed to.

if i dont want to attend lectures on a monday morning, will you defend me when i get kicked off the course?

or if i dont want to go to work on a saturday morning, will you come and sort out my manager if he gives me a warning?

btw, its not like they're going to get their heads chopped off if they dont comply.