Slumdog Millionaire

S1ngh

Great Movie to see the reality of India ..

Danny Boyle did amazing work on this movie and he directed this movie in such a beautiful way !

Everyone must watch this movie...

It's another psy-ops by Britain on India. A typical drain-pipe inspectors view on India and made with a view to placating all seperatists that massa is backing them.

Danny Boyle did amazing work on this movie and he directed this movie in such a beautiful way !

It's another psy-ops by Britain on India. A typical drain-pipe inspectors view on India and made with a view to placating all seperatists that massa is backing them.

LOL

Which part u didn't like or find non-realistic ??

LOL

Which part u didn't like or find non-realistic ??

Will any Indian be allowed to show the 'real' US or the 'real' UK ?

If I want to direct such a drainpipe, condescending movie on UK how many Brit actors would co-operate.

It is another matter that Indians have zero self-esteem and are perpetually waiting for western validation even if they want to show that their children are slum dogs or dog shoite.

WIll the americans allow "Bollywood" to make a movie about ... maybe Blacks in America with total masala indian style.

The movie can open with a scene where

Obama comes in and says: "I wanna be Pres oh dwent."

Whiteys first laugh at him but then realise that a Black man runnin for president will be interesting and they coach him in public speaking........... Why don't we make a script right here and forward it to David Dhawan.

The movie can be called

Black and White,

Whitewash

:rolleyes:

Afterall it is part of western culture to make mockery of others misfortune.

So.. u r not saying that whatever in the movie is shown is not fake and its the reality ??

Such "BIG" social problems which india miserably failed should not be kept under the carpet.

Below is the good read, specially to those who are proud indian but yet fail to take the reality of stinky india.

What should Hollywood make of the mixed reaction?

"I've got a lot of friends in Bollywood," says Indian-American actress and producer Namrata Singh Gujral. Those friends "write to me and say, 'Oh ..., I can't believe that it's winning all these awards. Look at the parts of India that they show; what about all the nice parts of India?'"

Concerns about the film's portrayal of India are largely a product of middle-class anxieties about the nation's recent economic progress and its status on the international stage.

"You can't deny that there are parts of India that are still poor or could use some help," says Miss Gujral, "but by and large, the Indians in India who are doing well - which is the majority of the population that has the money to go buy tickets and watch movies - they don't want to see that India."

The Indian film industry is happy to indulge this audience preference for escape. "If you look at Bollywood pictures and you see an Indian village, it's all glitzy and gorgeous, whereas that's not really the truth," Miss Gujral says.

Saying that "it's commendable what Danny Boyle has done," she cautions that he shouldn't get too worried about the Indians threatening to storm theaters showing his movie.

>> Such "BIG" social problems which india miserably failed should not be kept under the carpet.

Boss, why is the west God damned obsessed with only India's problems. Hey don't you find a pattern here ??

As unfortunate as it sounds- I do feel that whites esp of the WASP variety will find a face of India `acceptable' that reinforces their stereotype of India being a backward and poverty ridden society. Nothing else can explain why Indian movies like Taare Zameen Par got short shrift at the Oscars since it portrayed Indians tackling more evolved emotions and not just being mired in poverty and struggling to succeed. I have no doubt Slumdog will do very well at the Oscars- it's main competition comes from "A Curious Case of Benjamin Button" which is a terrible movie.

I just hope that ordinary Indians will take this as a lesson and learn to be more confident about themselves rather than always seeking western validation.

Slumdog Millionaire is a Western narrative set in Mumbai with a Katherine Mayo's eye as a drain inspector (in words of Gandhi).