Friend Going To Cut His Hair

Singh@

Why is it stupid? after the sacrifices our gurus made to keep our kesh , if they cant appreciate that, and show gratitude for the gurus, then wot will they do for fellow sikhs?

Wots the point in trusting them and keeping them as friends?

I would prefer a proper HINDU or CHRISTIAN friedn who is true to his faith than a FAKE Sikh friend who cant even be faithfull to his GURU.

Bhull Chuk Maafe!

A question to you, Would our Guru's ever turn their back on anyone. I understand where your coming from, but remember this is Kaljug, we will see darkness, but we have to keep the Joort of Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji lit. The fact is, you know the pyaar between Gursikhs, there is no better feeling, which person wouldn't want to be part of it. Thats what you should show them, i always remember those 3 Gursikhs from Wolves who passed away, trying to save each other. If we instill Bani into our lifestyle then the day will come when Khalsa will be Raj.

Jeeo,

It is unfortunate that Psychologists have the highest divorce rate amongst all people, for constantly criticizing and acting in arrogance with their closest.

If I may relate the story of Peace lady, who traversed many parts of Asia and Africa, and at one time stumbling upon a tribe in Africa stated thus (as I recall the story):

'In this tribe when some individual had committed some folly, or faltered in some way, what we would say as committed a mis-demeanor or thievery, the person would be placed at the village center.

In the center of the village, all the villagers would gather and surround this individual.

Now what I saw was nothing unlike what I had expected, not a stoning, or pelting with vegetables.

Rather, the tribe would describe all the qualities of the individual that they wish to see, or has been lost by committing this folly. They would describe that they like to share happiness with them, that they are good at this, or that. They would surround the person with praise for good things they done in the past, and offered further praise for continuing those such things. They would continue to exhaust all of the good things they could about that one person.

After this, when all is done, the tribe would celebrate. The person is ultimately forgiven, and re-integrated into the community, rather being shunned. They would be asked to do service to the community of village as reprisal for their wrong act'

The suggestion is quite simple, spread love in the absence of hate and judgement

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

It is quite clear to see that the individual who feels like cutting his/her hair; isn't as strong spiritually as they maybe felt before and thus, for this short time, has lost the love that he/she originally may have possessed for God.

This individual must realise that growing kesh, although is important - isn't as important as gaining that solid foundation of loving God, so that he/she lives, breathes and feels Vaaheguroo 24/7 - so that they melt in his love. You can compare this, to that of a tree - in which if there isn't a solid foundation (the trunk) to build upon - how can you expect to grow branches? (With each branch symbolising something as a result of this love for God e.g. one branch signifying keeping kesh, the other kara, the other being amrithdhaari etc.

I'd also like to address the point on which 'StarSingh' made and ask him -"What gives you the right to judge?" Im sure that he is no gursikh himself - yet he freely expresses that he would prefer the company of a "True christian or Hindu". Tell me bro, at what level of spirituality do you have to be, and who has the power to dictate whether a person is religious or not? and that they love God and follow the path correctly? Me? You? The answer is: No one, but God alone.

There are people that are saying do not be this individuals friend simply because they are going through a 'rough patch' which you yourself may have been through or no doubt - will go through - if it is his will. Although Vaaheguroo is our ultimate friend and guide - we should not simply abandon a troubled and confused individual-, but offer support. For what if it was you who was lost and confused - should we leave you to your own devices? The answer is: No. If anything, the person is in dire need of the guidance and wisdom of his Khalsa brothers and sisters. For simply leaving them - this is not only being selfish and only taking care for yourself - but isn't it going against the concept of 'Sevaa?'. I agree we should focus upon our own spirituality as this is our main concern - but it shouldn't lead to us abandoning our brothers and sisters -for we are all droplets in Gods ocean.

Another upsetting post and one that clearly shows the current problems facing the panth.

I hope I haven't offended anyone or said anything out of turn - for this wasn't my intention - my values just needed to be expressed.

Take Care. God Bless.

VJKK VJKF!

Two above posts :D :D :D

Gursikhs shouldnt shun or turn their backs, because it when people see the magic aura of someone who surrounds themselves in Guru Ji's embrace that non-sikhs respect and admire gursikhs and aspire to be like them...

I don't want to become someone who is ignorant and turns my back on someone, I don't want to feel better than anyone, I'm sorry StarSingh but I can't accept your perspective on this.....surely 1million sikhs and 10million on the way is better than just 1million sikhs...

Isnt the best option to show him the way....it is his own choice whether to follow

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

It is quite clear to see that the individual who feels like cutting his/her hair; isn't as strong spiritually as they maybe felt before and thus, for this short time, has lost the love that he/she originally may have possessed for God.

This individual must realise that growing kesh, although is important - isn't as important as gaining that solid foundation of loving God, so that he/she lives, breathes and feels Vaaheguroo 24/7 - so that they melt in his love. You can compare this, to that of a tree - in which if there isn't a solid foundation (the trunk) to build upon - how can you expect to grow branches? (With each branch symbolising something as a result of this love for God e.g. one branch signifying keeping kesh, the other kara, the other being amrithdhaari etc.

I'd also like to address the point on which 'StarSingh' made and ask him -"What gives you the right to judge?" Im sure that he is no gursikh himself - yet he freely expresses that he would prefer the company of a "True christian or Hindu". Tell me bro, at what level of spirituality do you have to be, and who has the power to dictate whether a person is religious or not? and that they love God and follow the path correctly? Me? You? The answer is: No one, but God alone.

There are people that are saying do not be this individuals friend simply because they are going through a 'rough patch' which you yourself may have been through or no doubt - will go through - if it is his will. Although Vaaheguroo is our ultimate friend and guide - we should not simply abandon a troubled and confused individual-, but offer support. For what if it was you who was lost and confused - should we leave you to your own devices? The answer is: No. If anything, the person is in dire need of the guidance and wisdom of his Khalsa brothers and sisters. For simply leaving them - this is not only being selfish and only taking care for yourself - but isn't it going against the concept of 'Sevaa?'. I agree we should focus upon our own spirituality as this is our main concern - but it shouldn't lead to us abandoning our brothers and sisters -for we are all droplets in Gods ocean.

Another upsetting post and one that clearly shows the current problems facing the panth.

I hope I haven't offended anyone or said anything out of turn - for this wasn't my intention - my values just needed to be expressed.

Take Care. God Bless.

VJKK VJKF!

waheguru u amaze me every time ggggggggggg sache

the youth these days...seriously....someone is in need, they're about cut their kesh, therefore going through 8.4 milion lives etc......and all we can do is concertrate on ourselves...pah!...sometimes, all it takes is an hour or 2 's Katha on life after death and importance of Kesh and they change their mind....but no..... it's their personal choice..... if someone is your 'friend' or whatever then you have some (note: i said 'some') responsibility to keep them safe as that is why you call them your 'friend' because you supposedly 'care' about/for them. But who cares, let's just try and concertrate on our own Naam Kamayi....not my fault if he does whatever, us youth really think we are all 'it'! I'm disgusted in myself!

Bhul Chukh Maafi!!!

Waheguru!