Desperately Need A Job

I have a good understanding of the business sector as that is what most of my courses that i did in the past were based upon.

i recently quit university (it was my first year and i was studying business & management) so i need to get some sort of work that gives me good pay, good benefits etc.

if anyone here can help me with anything then please do so.

i need to start working not just to get money but to sort myself out

Ji

As per my understanding without higher education one will find it difficult to receive all the benefits.

Individuals with higher IQ and more wealth, live longer, healthier, and are less predisposed to disease.

Education - Rationalism

Guru Angad Dev ji started the schools and also developed the Gurmukhi language in order to make education available to the downtrodden and the underprivileged of the society at that time - http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru ... _Education

Second, I am so ever Grateful for the intellectual reverence portrayed to all Sikhs. The concepts of rationalism and utilizing the capacity of a Universal pool of shared knowledge to enhance the journey of humanities time on this earth. Wonderful and I am so elated to recognize this basic human right which so few have.

Today it is ever so necessary to educate and uplift the masses from the sleeping slumber of arrogance and assimilation...

Fateh!

In terms of getting more employment opportunities in life, it is unfortunate that you had to leave Uni in your first year- I understand there could have been any number of factors as to why this happened.

If possible I would reccommend going back to uni. A degree opens a lot of doors! Without one, you just have to bash a few doors down to get where you want to be!

For finance, I would definately reccommend a CIMA. CIMA's require experience and hence most routes to a CIMA are through apprentership or graduate schemes where the company will invest in you by paying for your study a few days of the week, the rest of the week you work and gain experience.

See this article from CIMA

http://www1.cimaglobal.com/cps/rde/xchg/SI...t.xsl/16679.htm

You need to email around your CV's and a cover note highlighting and experience you have....if you have a job already or a part time job which you may not NEED as a priority, then maybe cut down the hours and do as much work experience as you can at an accountants or a bigger accounting firm -even if you are working for free, if you win them over they may take you on!...Email as many firms as possible, some will even email back with constructive criticism!! Go to a careers department- maybe at ure local uni and get your CV checked over! Try and get something that stands out, such as working at an accountants and which computer programs you used and what accounts you dealt with, real positive.

Hopefully you'll be able to land yourself a placement/internship...and get on the way to acquiring a CIMA or ACA qualification....as soon as you have a CIMA, whether you have a degree or not is largely forgotton about- afterall you would be a chartered accountant/analyst.

Hope that gives you some more options! I say definately aim for a chartered qualifications- just email everywhere you can!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
    • There was a young Singh from abroad who went to Anandpur Sahib Hola and got into a fight with some Punjabis who were playing loud non-religious music. He had bana and a weapon or two. There were more of them than him.  He ended up losing his life. Don't be like that. Not worth it to fight manmukhs. @californiasardar1 ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥ Argue not with a fool. p473

Important Information

Terms of Use