Khalsa School...What It Be?

ms514

Sat Sri Akal:

When I was in Fresno, CA, I kept hearing about a Khalsa School whose foundation stone wold be laid June 6th at Gurudwara Guru Nanak Parkash ("Taksal" Gurudwara). I wanted to ask what type of school is it. Is it a building for a Sunday school, or is it a school equivalent to the U.S. elementary, middle and/or high school.

Any info appreciated.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

That school will be a weekend and after-school school type of school. They are already hosting classes 3 days in a week right now.

On a side note, Gurdwara Gur Nanak Parkash is NOT associated/affiliated with Damdami Taksal anymore.

There is also going to be another 7 day school (after-school type) in Selma which will be opening in about 1 year, though students already attend classes on Sundays at a Singh's home. This school will be independent, meaning it wouldn't be affilated with any Gurdwara Sahib, and neither is the building being built on land of any Gurdwara Sahib.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Sat Sri Akal:

Well, even that after-school program is good. But the highest goal would be a private Khalsa school that provides the U.S. equivalency of education.

Good to hear Gurudwaras being de-Jatha'ed. I highly enjoyed the environment of that Gurudwara and my brother goes there regularly. Bhai Hardyal Singh Sahib does EXCELLENT Katha!!!