AISSF leader joins Cong

nanosecond

AISSF leader joins Cong

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2004 01:00:11 AM ]

CHANDIGARH: President of a faction of the All India Sikh Student Federation (AISSF) Harminder Singh Gill on Monday joined the Congress in presence of chief minister Amarinder Singh, Punjab Congress president HS Hanspal and Congress legislator Jasbir Singh Dimpa here at the official residence of the CM.

Projecting Gill as a prize catch for the party, Amarinder Singh said his induction would improve the prospects of the party in Tarn Taran especially in the Patti assembly segment.

Gill had contested the 1991 assembly polls from Patti. On joining the Congress, Gill said he was feeling suffocated as Parkash Singh Badal had reduced the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) as his private company.

SAD secretary DS Cheema said that Gill had his independent AISSF faction and his going away won't make any difference to the SAD.

Gill is brother-in-law of the former AISSF president Manjit Singh Gill, younger brother of Amrik Singh who was killed during the Operat i o n Bluestar along with Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale. Amrik Singh was Bhindranwale's right hand man and Khalistani ideologue.

Gill too was picked up from the Golden Temple complex and was detained in Jodhpur Jail till 1988 after Rajiv Gandhi ordered release of all detenues. Regarding Bluestar, Gill said that one should forget the past and look ahead.

It is not strange that more and more Sikhs are joining Congress (I). Harminder Singh Gill is not the first person, who was ever Khalistani-supporter and now has joined any Indian nationalist party; nor he is the last one, I think.

Does it mean the time has been changed?

Regards,

Naarad Muni,

Panchkula (Haryana).

Kandola Veer.....RESPECT! that is the way...i am not talking about your views or Ex-Khalistani guy joining Congress....BUT the way you wrote the reply. no more ghetto style. way to go...man continue. i usually don't understand 95 % of what you write, so thanks for changing to normal style. rolleyes.gif

hey man...if i was to meet you, we can talk ghettoing for a while, that's no problem. but here talking about Sikhi Gurmat...it is better with a style that everyone understands. :umm:

well deep singh, i am glad you do like how i wrote it. if this is how the sangat wants me write, then so be it.

thanks to gsingh for actually saying this to me. (alerting me) i had no idea you could not understand what the hell i was writing.

i hope you now enjoy reading my posts from this point on.