G20 Protesters

Guest fordcapri

My, some of us need to go on a 'perceptions' course...

With all due respect, we should make effort to actually 'listen' when we watch the news, the objective of the protests is common knowledge. I take it no one here has lost there job, had their house repossesed or had to take their children out of non-state schools... not all protestors are bums, many protest purely on a matter of principle!

G20 Meltdown:

Led by former Liberal Democrat councillor Marina Pepper, G20 Meltdown is a mix of anti-capitalists and anarchists who will converge on the Bank Of England around midday.

They will leave in a mass carnival from four London stations at 11am. They claim to be leading an English revolution and their message is clear: "Lost your home? Lost your job? Lost your savings or your pension? This party is for you!"

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse marches will depart from Moorgate, Liverpool Street, London Bridge and Cannon Street stations at 11am.

The Camp For Climate Action:

The same group that organised eco-action camps at Drax and Kingsnorth power stations, the Camp For Climate Action is staging a flashmob-style camp at 12.30pm outside the European Climate Exchange in the City of London.

One of the largest, most well-organised groups, members will co-ordinate their meet by text message on the day.

They say that traders are "speculating with our climate and the very future of life on earth.

"Bring a pop-up tent if you've got one, sleeping bag, wind turbine, mobile cinema, action plans and ideas..."

People & Planet:

The largest student network in Britain wants the G20 to "put people first".

People And Planet are marching for "jobs, justice and climate" and members will be taking part in all the demos over the next few days.

They also hope to expose RBS' alleged investment in polluting fossil fuel projects.

Stop The War Coalition:

Stop The War was founded in 2001 to oppose US foreign policy. It was behind the huge anti-war demonstration in London in February, 2003.

This time their march will leave from Grosvenor Square at 2pm today.

Tomorrow they will stage a further protest with "baby dolls, photos and other symbols of the death and destruction wreaked by the world's leaders".

Among other aims, their objectives are to "create jobs not bombs" and "abolish all nukes".

Rising Tide UK:

For Rising Tide, April 1 is "Fossil Fools Day". As well as attending the street parties, they will dress in white and take ice blocks to the Excel Centre.

They also planned a demonstration at the British Museum where BP was due to hold a centenary party, but this was cancelled after the company postponed the event.

The group is dedicated to taking local action and building a movement against climate change.

Khaalis, well put.

"Lost rights are never regained by appeals to the conscience of the usurpers, but by relentless struggle.... Goats are used for sacrificial offerings and not lions".

Long Live the Protesters - Capitalism is in urgent need of reform - not my views but China, India and the rest of the emerging economies around the world.

We cannot live in a world where the USA dominates economic, militarily and social thinking because when they get it wrong the world suffers i.e. credit crunch, Iraq, etc. etc.

lets see what the outcome of the protests taking place will be.

def i would suggest we take action/ do something that we r passionate about and not be sacrificed as a goat(meaning we shouldn't just take part in protest or anything unless we know exactly whats going on...ex: war)

u have to be ur own teacher, search, and then make your own choice.

-i do believe that protests do put pressure on the "leaders" or at least make them think twice about the decision(S) they are about to make :)