Feeling Very Empty And Sad

Guest tender singh

Guest tender singh

WJKK, WJKF

Hi to all at sikh sangat

Just wanted to share a few things with u guys.

I am a 26yr old guy, married and living with my parents.

I work part-time, have a loving wife and family around me.

I have aspirations to return to university which i left due to personal reasons and thinking about starting my own family soon.

In terms of my sikhi, I took amirt 4 years ago. I try to practise as much simran, sangat, gurbani and going to the gurdwara as much as I can.

Having all this around me there many days though where I feel completely empty, lost and sad. I don't know why. I try to keep myself occupied but it doesn't help because the emptyness kicks in again.

I do feel content with what I have so why then this sadness and emptyness?

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Please help

Thank you very much :)

Guest _...._

i get how you feel, i'm feeling much the same right now. i have everything anyone can ask for, but i still i feel very sad, like there's something missing in my heart. i don't know , the empty feeling never seems to go away, like my soul is crying.

Guest _Neer_

You are sad because you are still living in your past. You often find yourself thinking about the university studies that you've left in the middle and regret leaving them. Instead of regretting, why don't you talk to your wife and discuss about going to back to complete your studies? Take action. I'm sure she'll understand.

Live in your present. See what this moment has to offer you. 'This moment' which is life itself. Don't waste it on powerless past memories.

When you are sad, not only are you sad but you also make the people around you sad. When you look at you, they must get depressed. Take a walk, visit a park. What I'm trying to say is get in connection with the 'nature' again. You've started thinking you are different from the rest of the creation but thats where you have made the mistake. You are his creation and you should take some time out to appreciate his creation. Spend some time alone. While taking a walk, meditate on the shabad 'Waheguru'.

'When in a bad mood or in a hurry then the experience will be worse. You get red lights. The bad vibrations of the bad mood only attract further bad events.' -Gurmit Singh

Gurmit Singh Blogspot

Visit This Link. It shall help you.

There are some things that I regret not doing I spoke to a learned Gursikh and he explained that it could be that Maharaj has something else instore for you. There may be some other reason why He would rather have you fulfilling your gristi jeevan instead of attending uni.

Sometimes we do things like our bani and follow maryada as a robot you need to develop a love for Maharaj and Bani, this will come from increasing bani. A kathavachak once said to me that if your after Anand (bliss) then read Anand Sahib five times or if you cant read one Anand Sahib in the time it takes to read five.

The overal message is increase your bani, listen to katha and kirtan aswell as all three go hand in hand. Th most important thing is to do Ardas to Maharaj and actually ask for wot it is you feel your missing. Go to the extent to beg for that fulfillment Maharaj will listen to your ardas.

Always keep in mind in Kalyug there are things that will work against you but you need to face life as a challenge from Maharaj.

Guest Guest

I have felt the same and no matter how much bani you do, it is important to connect with your soul first!! This is what bani teaches us to do.

Don't you all sometimes feel the emptiness even though you practice bani? My personal practice is this in the morning is this meditation which completely clears my mind and i become free from anxiety. Do this in addition to the simran and banis which you already practice. Meditation is not for God, but for yourself, its so you can believe in yourself! Here is the link to the medtiation: (do for 11 minutes)

I also like listening to so purakh which just clears any doubts I have and personally when I listen to the track below, I imagine myself in harmandir sahib and getting darshan of our 11 gurus. It'll bring you to tears and you realise you can achieve anything in life as long as you remember sarab nirantar- God is constant within you and he shall be forever.

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/index.php/2007/10...-from-so-purkh/

As well as simran paji, please start believing in yourself, you are only 26 and if you feel like going back into education, you should do. Don't let ANYONE and i mean ANYONE overpower your desires. I am younger, 22 but even though my parents have not wanted me to do certain things, God is my only companion. Keeta loreea kaam so har pay akheeya?? Heard that shabad? It works wonders, talk to God in your own time of what you want to achieve, he will make it possible. I have dome some extrordinary things with the grace of waheguru, things which if I put on this forum, people will not believe me. My parents didnt want me to do (because it was unsafe), but wahegurus kirpa is the most powerful force in this earth and whatever you desire can be accomplished with his grace. TRUST HIM AND HAVE FAITH!!!

But the feeling of emptiness is because you are not connected with your soul and you need to feel that connection before you can do anything. try this meditation and also gratitude goes a long way. In the morning while you brush your teeth, thank God for your beautiful wife, parents, life, job and everything to come! Some people go on into their 40s without love but maharaj has gifted you with what seems a loving wife. Think about her and thank waheguru. The more you appreciate, the easier you will be able to look in the mirror and say hang on, I am perfect, I am me and I am Guru Ang Sang.

Good luck and post back on here, life is going to get better!

As per Giani Thakur Singh Jee, to get anand in your life, read anand sahib, at least 5 times/day. Try it for say a month, you will notice a big difference.

Anand sahib is also extremely helpful to get out of attachment issues. I can vouch for this, time and again :)

• 3 months later...

i say since your married, you should tell your wife because your spouse is you biggest companion. the best thing is to talk about it and not let it build up. your family can give you emotional support which is always a helping factor. evryones had these feelings before and most of the times we get over them.

WJKK, WJKF

Hi to all at sikh sangat

Just wanted to share a few things with u guys.

I am a 26yr old guy, married and living with my parents.

I work part-time, have a loving wife and family around me.

I have aspirations to return to university which i left due to personal reasons and thinking about starting my own family soon.

In terms of my sikhi, I took amirt 4 years ago. I try to practise as much simran, sangat, gurbani and going to the gurdwara as much as I can.

Having all this around me there many days though where I feel completely empty, lost and sad. I don't know why. I try to keep myself occupied but it doesn't help because the emptyness kicks in again.

I do feel content with what I have so why then this sadness and emptyness?

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Please help

Thank you very much :)

You can use this sadness towards your advantage or you can use this sadness to decrease the quality of your life.

Sadness is part of human nature it happens many times during a mid life crisis. This sadness is destructive because its worldly.

The there is the spiritual sadness( Vairaag) which comes through great fortune. Through this sadness one meets great spiritual progression.

If you are feeling sadness from the outside world then I suggest you turn this sadness inwards. Then you will gain the courage and wisdom to deal with obstacles in the world. Internal Contemplation in the state of Vaairag gives the person much poise and power to deal with every problems as long as one stays focused on the goal. God will take care of the rest.

Guest --learner--

When we don't get something what we want & if we have some regret of past then we feel like u are feeling.

Plz don't regret of anything & believe in god regurally do patha & ardaas god will definately help u its my believe have patience & believe in god.

Gurbani is treasure.

Only gurbani can help u b'coz sadness comes from within & gurbani enlight within.