Was Baba Deep Singh The First Granthi?

jii

Who was the first granthi?

I was told it was Baba Deep singh, but I am not sure this is correct as I remember once reading it was someone else and that same granti was the one who was asked to compile the Dasam Granth.

Also, was sant janail singh a granthi as well?

baba budha ji was the first granthi sahib at suchkand sri darbar sahib and took the first ever hukam from guru granth sahib ji

if you want to know abt baba jis jeevni and what seva and role they did u should lis to the katha by bhai sahib bhia pinderpal singh ji

called jeevni Dhan Dhan Baba budhaa ji from sikhsangeet.com also it tells you the amount of respect and satkar guru ji had for baba ji

wikd katha

Who was the first granthi?

I was told it was Baba Deep singh, but I am not sure this is correct as I remember once reading it was someone else and that same granti was the one who was asked to compile the Dasam Granth.

Also, was sant janail singh a granthi as well?

The first Granthi was Baba Buddha Ji. Baba Buddha Ji lived till the ripe age of 125, after having served 6 Sikh Gurus.

The Granthi who was asked to compile Dasam Granth was Bhai Mani Singh.

Sant Jarnail Singh weren't a Granthi. They were first student of the Damdami Taksal, then did much meditation and later became its chief/Jathedar and did much Parchaar.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

What do you mean by 'Granthi'? If you mean someone who can do or teach paath form Guru Sahib, then yes, they were a Granthi. If you mean someone who has a full time job at a Gurudwara, then no.

Among the traditional groups of Sikhs, like the Nihangs / Taksalis etc, everyone could do Paath and duties were shared amongst the Singhs.

What do you mean by 'Granthi'? If you mean someone who can do or teach paath form Guru Sahib, then yes, they were a Granthi. If you mean someone who has a full time job at a Gurudwara, then no.

Among the traditional groups of Sikhs, like the Nihangs / Taksalis etc, everyone could do Paath and duties were shared amongst the Singhs.

Bhai Sahib ji Baba Deep Singh ji was Granthi at Takth Sri Damdama Sahib. There he did Duty and he was the head ustad of Damdami Taksaal

Bhai Mani singh ji was at the Same time Granthi at Sachkhan Sri Harmandar Sahib and Head ustadt of Amritsar vali Taksaal..

bhul chuk maaf karne ji