Mental Disorder

Dhillion09

WJKK WJKF

I sympathise with you. However I dont like reading that you are taking medication. Are they some sort of anti-depressants?

If you have to take them I would speak to your doctor about keeping them to an absolute minimum. Doctors dont always fully understand mental illness.

If I were you, I would do SUkhmani Sahib. Do as much praying and namm simran as you can.

The past is over..dont dwell on it. Think of it that it strengthened you. You went throught the worse...keep your head up and look forward.

Waheguru ang sang sahai howe

I have recently found out that i have a form of something called Bipolar disorder and my psychologist believe that the bullying along with other traumas have contributed it developing.

Not really. It's more of a hereditary problem. Though, your depressing circumstances may have possibly contributed to the 'growth' of this disorder.

Anyway, mostly the people that have this disorder lack Vitamin B12. The deficiency of Vitamin B12 leads to accumulation of the amino acid 'homocysteine', which has been linked to depression. So I suggest you get a blood test done and find out whats missing.

And don't worry about this marriage stuff. Nothing much to marriage anyways. Imagination is not the truth. Nothing 'goes' according to your 'mind's' plans. If it's meant to happen. It will. Why stress over such things? What's in a marriage anyway?! Nothing. But sometimes, it's a HUKAM. You can't do anything about it. And if thats so, you'll find out.

Hence Bibi, don't bother with 'future' thoughts. Live for this breath. This breath thats escaping your lips right now. 'For the rest aren't even promised'...Bibi Rena Kaur used to say this. True isn't it?

I have recently found out that i have a form of something called Bipolar disorder and my psychologist believe that the bullying along with other traumas have contributed it developing.

Not really. It's more of a hereditary problem. Though, your depressing circumstances may have possibly contributed to the 'growth' of this disorder.

Anyway, mostly the people that have this disorder lack Vitamin B12. The deficiency of Vitamin B12 leads to accumulation of the amino acid 'homocysteine', which has been linked to depression. So I suggest you get a blood test done and find out whats missing.

And don't worry about this marriage stuff. Nothing much to marriage anyways. Imagination is not the truth. Nothing 'goes' according to your 'mind's' plans. If it's meant to happen. It will. Why stress over such things? What's in a marriage anyway?! Nothing. But sometimes, it's a HUKAM. You can't do anything about it. And if thats so, you'll find out.

Hence Bibi, don't bother with 'future' thoughts. Live for this breath. This breath thats escaping your lips right now. 'For the rest aren't even promised'...Bibi Rena Kaur used to say this. True isn't it?

Edited again.

Paan ji,

I seriously reccommend that you read this book asap!

A new earth by Eckhart Tolle

It will help to put things in perspective.

sometimes it's good to be alone. we have time to develop ourselves as individuals, which is what i think you should be doing. then you will be able to have a much more complete fulfilling relationship when married.

i've done a psych major, and a from that learned that cognitive behavioural therapy and meditaiton are both effective in helping deal with mood disorders. read books on cognitive behavioural therapy, just type that into the subject heading in your library search engine. the book 'feeling good' by dr. burns is recommended (although meant for depression, it's quite good.) The whole point of CBT is to take responsibilty for your thoughts so you are no longer the victim of circumstance, but empowered.

I had serious depression at one point in my life. What i learned was that nothign will cure it except for spirituality. We have a hole inside of us, we fill it up with tv, sex, excitement. What we need is God. That is why we get dukh (pain), b/c it is a means to drive us to seek out God to help us. Pleasure only leads us astray. But if we live the way God wants us to live (no dating, pure Amritdhari lifestyle), we can gain anand (bliss) and our dukh will decrease, our happiness will grow. The power of regular meditation, especially in Amritvela, cannot be overstated. I also recommend regular exercise, especially yoga as it releases a lot of feel good chemicals. Note that thesse practices I'm recommending also add regularity and stabilty to your life through routine.

Guest Guest
It's just very hard to have complete faith in myself.

I know i shouldnt worry about the future but like i said, i just worry about myself.

And who exactly is this "myself"? :p

Thanks everyone. I have had blood tests done and there is nothing missing or nothing abnormal.

Hmmm...Ask your doctor if it'll be beneficial for you to take B12 supplements or multivitamins.

And also, increase the intake of 'milk', if you aren't allergic to dairy products, maybe two times a day. Okay? =)

I have been warned about the negative effects of medication and i will be on the lowest possible dosage. The more long term treatment will be behavioural therapy, the medication is more short term.

Yes, the medication does have side effects. I'm wishing the therapy works for you.

It's just very hard to have complete faith in myself.

I know i shouldnt worry about the future but like i said, i just worry about myself.

You do eh? =)

I wonder...why that is so?

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਤ ਪੜਈਐ ॥

maerae man har jap har nith parreeai ||

O my mind, meditate on the Lord, and read about the Lord every day.

ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੋ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲਿ ਨ ਸਾਕੈ ਤਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਕਾਇਤੁ ਕੜਈਐ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

har bin ko maar jeevaal n saakai thaa maerae man kaaeith karreeai ||1|| rehaao ||

Other than the Lord, no one can kill you or save you: so why do you worry, O my mind? ||1||Pause||