Bow Protest, What Is Really Going On?

Protest to who? I thought protest was against commitee, and if they're organising it, I'm confused

I heard the fake BOSS organised last one, well done lads. Ask the BSSF to reschedule this new protest

Its supposed to be a protest to the police and government to 'up' the investigation. To find out who did it, whether it be the committee, the black gang or some next suspect. There'd be no point protesting against the committe because if they were guilty, they'd just keep denying it and if they were innocent, what powers have they got to do anything.

Whether this protest on the 24th goes ahead or not, I think nows about the time some sort of organisation whether it exists yet or not, should take on the responsibility to organise an official protest.

I feel if they can, the sangat should go to the bow protest this sunday but then have another major one outside parliament after it. Lets start working on this guys, its about time don't you think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When we got to the Gurdwara yesterday at around 10.30, there was about 20 Singhs (mainlly from the Midlands). There was no protest and the Gurdwara committee was speaking to a couple of the Singhs.

Apparently the protest had been organised by a teenage Girl under the name of GuptSinghni productions but she wasnt there at the protest and the committee were accusing her of causing them 'grief.' The president claimed that the girl was aware that the official protest was scheduled to be on the 24th May but she spread the news that it was on the 17th. Thats why it wasn't organised properly and no official protest took place.

The Gurdwara committee have planned a protest which will be start in a park on Roman Rd and end in a park on Mile End Rd next Sunday 24th May and have asked the youth to come and support the programme.

The "protest" was apparently rescheduled for the 24th may but not much was done to raise awareness about this in the sangat, if anything at all.

"Fake BOSS" - LoL has BOSS factioned into splinter groups like the All India Sikh Student Federation.

I would catagorically like to state, that BSSF has nothing to do with the organisation of this "protest" and we only promoted it through our network, once it was declared on the offical Bow Remembrance website.

www.neverforgetbow09.co.uk-

There was also a event page under the name of GuptSinghniz Production on Facebook (sorry for any mis spelling) and BSSF just invited people to the protest through the "invite people" feature on Facebook.

BSSF has also promoted the Bhog programme taking place in Southall, but i guess nobody will say that BSSF is organising that as well?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8415...2539&ref=ts

What do you mean by fake BOSS ? - Boss hasnt fractioned into anything, singhs do seva as part of several organisations and are not just limited to one banner, hence why they do seva all over the place. Why do you organise something for once - the original comment maker - my freind akaal sehna.?

What do you mean by fake BOSS ? - Boss hasnt fractioned into anything, singhs do seva as part of several organisations and are not just limited to one banner, hence why they do seva all over the place. Why do you organise something for once - the original comment maker - my freind akaal sehna.?

I think Akal sehna was trying to label BSSF as a 'fake' version of BOSS.

Yes KZ I was, read between the lines my intellectual friend - And I stand by my comment, if BSSF wanted to do seva they shoulda joined up with an organisation that is already set up, already recognised by NUS, UJS, and many more, and I'm sure KZ you would agree with that.

Lol which silly comment? My point, as has been made before by others, is unity. Simple really, why pull sevadars left and right, we're lucky we have COSS in Canada, and that no one, as far as I know, wants to "break away". You may have the best intentions at heart, but at the same time you may not and may just want the "chair".

I feel, that if it was best intentions, would you not have aligned yourself with an organisation that was already established, already recognised, already respected?

No internet bahaduri being shown here, just a few opinions, hopefully some you may take on board.

I would just like to say well done to everyone who makes the effort to organise something, and take a positive step to making a difference. There are so many people in the panth who are lazy, and will not do anything. So it is good to see youngsters wanting to do something.

Unfortunatley i must agree with Akal_Sehna in the fact that when there is already a well established organisation doing seva we do not need to keep making more organisations. It is important that we all unite under the One Nishaan Sahib and follow the same path and views. This is the only way we can have unity. But i would also make a benti that we should all use this website less, and make more of an effort to take productive steps of parchaar. find out where and what you can do, then get out there and do it. It is your Panth, are you ready to sacrifice your time for it? we have not even been asked to give our heads, only our time, and we can not give that up for our Guru, will we ever be ready to give our heads......