Should We Keep Caste Distinctions In The Panth?

If there ever was a time to speak up and combat caste discrimination, I would say it is now!!

Sikhs need to stop tip toeing around the issue like pajamay! When are Sikhs really going to take equality and unity seriously?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From I have witnessed myself. Personally, if I was a Ravidasia, I would be disgusted with most so called "high" caste Sikhs.

I don't blame them for doing their own thing. I blame the obnoxious bewakoofs who think that they are a cut above the rest and don't know the meaning of insaaniyat (humanity).

Guest PunjabSingh
WJKK WJKF

to the singh who started this.... why man its a waste of time. do u as a jatt farm?

u probably dont, so do not big up being a jatt. theres no point. jatts in my view, (even though i completely object to the caste system) are guys who drink too much, n eat meat like theres no tomorrow. the sikh panth does not need these petty devisions, at a amrit sanchar you become a part of the KHALSA not the JATT khalsa of the TARKHAN khalsa, just the KHALSA so stop raising the caste system up. u might aswell become hindu, n even still, being a jatt your not even at the top anywai, so there you go, no need to hype the caste system, it is the BIGGEST scam EVER.

sorry if i offended anyone, but it really badly cheeses me of when someone mentions things like the caste system. with big events like operation blue star anniversary arriving, were singhs and kaurs gave their life for the sikh panth died, we are here still thinking that we should use the caste system <_<

again forgive me if i said anything wrong- i am just a fool whose still learning,

WJKK WJKF

You say jatts in your view are meat eating and lots of drinking people .I already said that maximum patitpuna seems to be in jatts.But if you look at the pictures of Vienna I'll say the persons standing there giving interviews looked to me as eating,drinking and happy go lucky type people.Moreover they were patits and were looking like the clean shaven jatts we see in foreign lands and even in our villages these days .So patit chamaars and jatts look alike.Like baandars.A Sikh has his own personality.

I would respect a Khalsa who was born as a chamaar or dalit or poor person more than a clean shaven baandar jatt.

By the way I have not drunk a single drop in my life whereas my various relatives all drink .They try to convince me also to drink giving various foolish reasons but I have never touched .So if you have will power to become a Sikh or not to drink nobody can stop you from becoming a Sikh nor force you to drink.

Why should we keep distinctions in the Panth? Why should we keep castes?

No.. thats not the question. Question is why should we bring it back? Our Gurus already destroyed it.

Singhballer, it is just being in denial to say that caste isn't part of the panth today. There are plenty of people making casteism a reality. The question I guess is have we gone far enough to destroy it? And who would like it destryed and who wouldn't. What are the percentage figures broadly speaking? I think it can only survive if enough people have practiced it or want to retain it.

Jatt Culture, which is drinking, bhangra, being proud of caste and in genrally "livin it large" is one of the reasons why the panth is in shambles.

It is because jatts that so called "lower castes" have gone off and started their own thing. If the jatt culture was ended in punjab sikhs as a people will be much more powerfull. Look at those "lower castes" there numbers are huge. Now imagine them all tyar bar tyar, attacking police stations ,RSS outlets, deras the way they did this past week

I have had enough off Jatt supremacy and this is coming from someone whose family love being Jatt.

No dalsingh I'm not in denial :p

I'm saying it was abolished by our Gurus. People today have chosen to spread prejudice and use caste to divide us once more. I never said it dosen't exist today. I asked why people today are bringing it back.

:)

Just because the Flipin Sant who got shot up was a Dalit so called don't mean he was innocent , media stop trying to turn this into a Sikh Vs Dalit issue - this is what the media wants its about beadbi that took place and a guy got shot up simple as

Jatt Culture, which is drinking, bhangra, being proud of caste and in genrally "livin it large" is one of the reasons why the panth is in shambles.

It is because jatts that so called "lower castes" have gone off and started their own thing. If the jatt culture was ended in punjab sikhs as a people will be much more powerfull. Look at those "lower castes" there numbers are huge. Now imagine them all tyar bar tyar, attacking police stations ,RSS outlets, deras the way they did this past week

I have had enough off Jatt supremacy and this is coming from someone whose family love being Jatt.

Thats what Indian wants you to do blame a certain section of the Panth and BINGO we have a split they want to make inter caste fights - THE REAL issue was and is of beadbi - man did beadbi he was shot up no one said kill all chamars ,their so called Guru a fake was shot up thats all no ones saying chuk the chamars out - In reality no one is stopping them from joining the Khalsa,they can take amrit whenever it is only their leaders who are sayin WE ARE NOT SIKHS so how can you blame others.

Its not because of Jatts that they have gone off - let me take you to the root cause the larai di jardh -

Its Brahmanvaadh end of

I APPEAL TO ALL SIKHS OF SO CALLED CASTES - THIS IS NOT A CASTE ISSUE DO NOT MAKE IT IN TO ONE AS THE INDIAN GOVT AND MEDIA WANTS - ITS ABOUT KHALSA VS BEADBI OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - KHALSA INCLUDES ALL CASTES END OF