Raagis/dhadhis Playing Music

chatanga

i know of a sarangi master in a very well known jatha who plays all over uk in gurdaware. this sarangi master has also featured on albums by sukhshinder shinda, jazzzy bee and mr pooja. Now they dont talk about gurbani and such.

should this guy be allowed to play on gurus stages?

I have asked him myslef not to do it but he still has.

what are your thoughts on this.

He doesnt actually go on stage with the Punjabi singers, he only records sarangi samples in the studio, gets paid and goes home. I think that is fair enuff because he is a professional musician and is just earning a living playing his instrument - no big deal.

I would have more of an issue I suppose if he was trying to straddle two horses by playing saranghi on stage on the saturday night at a bhangra gig and doing dhadi in the gurdwara on the sunday morning.

However, I believe that he is actually a dhadi at heart, and a Gurdwara-based performer and any involvement in bhangra is both anonymous and minimal.

He is also a top bloke and a good Sikh.

I personally wouldnt want to get involved with anyone else's personal business unless they were doing beadbi or had an anti-Sikh agenda, which I dont think he has.

no he doesn have an anti sikh agenda, and he is a good bloke. But what im driving at is that the jazzy b and whatnot do a lot of harm with the rubbish in thier songs and videos. on the one hand we are trying to get the youths out of this influence and yet on the other hand those who sing Gurus jass are helping them.

So what if they do, how can you ban someone from playing devotional music off the gurus stage. Look at what they are doing, instead of what they are not doing, and why have you got a pic of a chatanga, your not a bhed bakri that whats to be chatka'd??

thats a point i would like to make as well. that woman bitti, firstly banging on about a jat drunk looking for a fight, then dresses herself tolook like Mata Gujri with the sahibazades.

also if money is an issue(which it isnt) , duznt that make them as bad as whores?

I dont think that singers should be allowed on to stages to perform kirtan because it is not their career path, its either one or the other.

The point is that this Singh is selling his skills, everyone does it, he aint selling himself so no not a <banned word filter activated>.

Having said that these kirtanis and sarangi masters shouldnt play for singers etc, as they are supporting them. The song could be about girls, drinking and stuff so it does show that they have no moral values to play for someone advertising these things.