Guru Gobind Singh and his sons

Guru Gobind Singh jee was asked by Mata Gujree jee, whether he missed seeing his 4 martyred sons. The Master replied, "You are wrong if you think I had only four sons, I have thousands of sons and in them I see the four I sacrificed.

Those four sons were four virtues from Waheguru, their body pots were to be smashed so that those virtues could be poured into the Khalsa.

Ajit means unconquerable, my Khalsa would rather die fighting than run like a coward.

Jujhar means warrior, my Khalsa is powerful and strong.

Zorawar means Power, as long as my Khalsa is distinct I will give them all of my power.

Fateh is victory, my Khalsa will fight for Waheguru's victory.

O Mata Jee, when I see one Sikh with these 4 qualities I see all four sons."

Jujhar means warrior, my Khalsa is powerful and strong.

I just have a question. As sikhs we should keep ourselves in good shape right? Like go to the gym and workout, or go jogging or something? To stay fit and strong ??

Im asking this because if you go to the gurdwaras you see all these people with real big stomachs that they can barely see their feet... i dont know if u consider this 'powerful and strong'

???

wat do u guys think... do we have a duty to keep ourselves fit?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dear Sikh Soldier,

To answer your question ... I would say every sikh has a fundamental obligation not only to stay fit but to learn to fight so they can defend those that cannot defend themselves and uphold righteousness.

In order to do so, one must learn the the art of fighting with weapons as well as without!

However, before one becomes a soldier, they must be a saint (know the sikhi principles), because anyone can be a soldier, but only someone that is a saint will fight for righteousness.

The Khalsa is Akaal Purakh Jis Fauj...if we are unfit then how is it that we can abide by the concept of Saint Soldier?

Bhul Chuk Maaf...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

p.s. A Khalsa should not just be a saint soldier, a khalsa should be complete in every way and form...look at Dhan Dhan guru gobind singh ji maharaj...he was a saint, a soldier, a poet, a scholar...the list is endless...