Painting On The Wall?

Guest _learner_

Guest Guest

how does that link explain why a virgin mary/mexican goddess figure is imposed on top of a khanda?

or am i asking too controversial a question?

how does that link explain why a virgin mary/mexican goddess figure is imposed on top of a khanda?

Are you sure you read the whole article bro?

"What happened was that a man of Christ and an artist, through the symbol of the Khanda, had a chance to move into truly Universal consciousness and realize that his symbol of the Lady of Guadalupe and our symbol of the Khanda point to that same Divine Power which mothers all of Creation. And ultimately, isn’t that what our Sikh faith is about – giving people a chance to move beyond a one-aspected understanding of the Divine into an understanding that every faith, every culture, every symbol is trying to describe that one Indescribable Power behind Creation?"

From what I took out of it, the mural is much deeper than meets the eye. You can't just pick out bits and pieces of it. Look at it as a whole.

Guest Guest

Are you sure you read the whole article bro?

"What happened was that a man of Christ and an artist, through the symbol of the Khanda, had a chance to move into truly Universal consciousness and realize that his symbol of the Lady of Guadalupe and our symbol of the Khanda point to that same Divine Power which mothers all of Creation. And ultimately, isn’t that what our Sikh faith is about – giving people a chance to move beyond a one-aspected understanding of the Divine into an understanding that every faith, every culture, every symbol is trying to describe that one Indescribable Power behind Creation?"

From what I took out of it, the mural is much deeper than meets the eye. You can't just pick out bits and pieces of it. Look at it as a whole.

but does our 'symbol' and the figure of the virgin mary point to the same supreme power? many christians i know believe that mary was god's 'vessel' and that he literally got her pregnant. i'm sorry but that is just not compatible with sikhi. nor is a mexican pagan goddess of whatever. if it was a hindu god/godess or koranic writings superimposed on a khanda, people would be going nuts, and they would be fairly justified. lets be real about this. guru nanak told us to respect others, not their religions, as they are human just like us. some of the things guru nanak did were quite disrespectful to other religions (the mecca incident and actions to brahmin rituals). not exactly respectful to their religions was it? lets stop hippyfying our religion with silly murals that are meant to have deeper meanings, whether looking at parts or the whole thing. and no, not every faith,culture and symbol is trying to describe the 'indescribable' power behind creation. thats quite a naive and uninformed thing to say. please open your eyes.