Reading Bani In Toilet

Guest Readbani

Guest Readbani

How does sangat feel about reading bani on iPhone while on the toilet. There is bani on the phone regardless if it is being read or not and I right now I use the phone to read news while on the toilet, would it be fine if I read bani instead? By the way I'm on the toilet right now

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

If this is a joke question it is pretty disrespectful, if you are serious, then no, I don't think anyone would say it is acceptable to read Bani on the loo. I have a PDA with Gurbani on it, I don't use it on the toilet. Some people have told me its not proper to do Bani at that time at all and you should just do Simran.

And you probably need more fiber on your diet if you are sitting on the toilet for that long. Eat more Weetabix

To me, reading Bani on a computer should be treated like reading Bani from a Gutka Sahib. You wouldn't take a Gutka into the bathroom with you. You wouldn't sit in Gurdwara half naked, reading Bani.

So why now is it suddenly different because it's on a computer/phone/watch.

This is completely different to reciting Bani from memory or Naam-japna, which should be done at all times, where possible.

By the way I'm on the toilet right now

ewwww...too much info.

yeah from memory it's all good, naam japna included.

But as already said, you wouldn't take a gutka sahib into the bathroom would you?

nope.

So should you take a phone with bani on it and read it?

nope.

:)

How does sangat feel about reading bani on iPhone while on the toilet. There is bani on the phone regardless if it is being read or not and I right now I use the phone to read news while on the toilet, would it be fine if I read bani instead? By the way I'm on the toilet right now

I never accessed this forum in the toilet. Does it feel the same?

eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vaheguroo!

are u mad? no its not fine! its disrespectful!!!

wjkk wjkf

What if someone recited bani off by heart ? is that also wrong?

wjkk wjkf

As long as there is no written Bani, its allright. Kanthh (by heart) is certainly not wrong.

WJKK WJKF