Women Are Black Cobra, A Pit Of Hell!

www.sikh-history.com is a very nice and non-controversial website. In it, its mentioned that Kabir jee referred to women as black cobras and the pit of hell.

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/events/kabir.html

In common with all monastic, ascetic or otherworldly sects, Kabir does not think well of women. Ihere is almost a tirade against them in the hymns of Kabir. Woman is characterised as "a black cobra', thc pit of hell and the refuse of the world." She is considered to be a hurdle in the path of thc spiritual progress of man. He spoke, "woman ruins everything when she comes near a man; Devotion, salvation and divine knowledge no longer enter his soul." His views, about woman are also evident from all his vehement attacks against maya. Almost everywhere he links maya to a woman who is out to entice and entrap man, and destroy his spiritual lifc. Such views about woman from a married person arc, indeed, quite uncommon. The cosmological views of Kabir give a clear clue to his worldview. He finds Niranjana to be the creator of the world; maya or woman. And this woman stands between man and god. She is there to entice him away from Him.

It's a metaphor. Gurbani uses numerous metaphors. Further to that you are posting someones interpretation or translation of a shabad which could easily be biased by the translator.

You have rushed on and posted something in order to get a reaction and perhaps stir some trouble. What do you want to achieve by pushing this viewpoint forward?

It's a metaphor. Gurbani uses numerous metaphors. Further to that you are posting someones interpretation or translation of a shabad which could easily be biased by the translator.

You have rushed on and posted something in order to get a reaction and perhaps stir some trouble. What do you want to achieve by pushing this viewpoint forward?

Just because i am a 'sadharan sikh' and my views dont fit in with ur baba jee or bapu jee does not mean I am here to create to stir trouble.

Bhagat Kabeer jee was a seeker of God, a good honest soul but he got enlightened at a later stage of his life and the bani he spoke after enlightenment is Gurbani.

Regarding metaphors, using the metaphor of black cobra for women is not in accordance which Gurmat.

Moderators (who are more of chellas) like justME is going to lock this topic as well.

Just because i am a 'sadharan sikh' and my views dont fit in with ur baba jee or bapu jee does not mean I am here to create to stir trouble.

why u always think that the person who dont agree with u is follower of some baba ... cant two sadharan sikh have different view points ... and mods dont lock the threads without a reason ... u challenge some history or mahapursh its a duty of every sikh to put a full stop to it ... u could have made the same thread in a calm way to try and understand it ... but u made it in a commanding way ... bhagat kabir ji was wrong and blah blah ...

understand sikh dont declare your terms ...

why u always think that the person who dont agree with u is follower of some baba ... cant two sadharan sikh have different view points ... and mods dont lock the threads without a reason ... u challenge some history or mahapursh its a duty of every sikh to put a full stop to it ... u could have made the same thread in a calm way to try and understand it ... but u made it in a commanding way ... bhagat kabir ji was wrong and blah blah ...

understand sikh dont declare your terms ...

I challenge history ??

Its the sant babas who have ruined our history by quoting from old granths and not using Gurbani as the touchstone. There are lots of sakhis that are not in accordance with Gurmat.

I ask u a simple question. Just answer in yes or no.

If we were living in 18th century, would we have got a sakhi that Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa escaped ?

this is another piece of rubbish.........why did kabir choose to marry then if he hates women....yes there is always physical attraction when both male and female interact with each other but you kill this with vastu veechar do you know what that is ..........asa ki vaar why call women bad who give birth to kings.......6th guru sahib states man is not complete without woman

are u a sikh missionary ?? because only they regard sant geyani jarnail singh khalsa bhindrawalle as baba jarnail singh or bhai jarnail singh ...

No, I am not. Missionary guys speak bad of Sri Dasam Granth and I want that there shud be parkash of Sri Dasam Granth ( at a lower level as in Takht Hazoor Sahib) at every Gurdwara.

Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindrawale, Baba Mitt Singh Jee and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee are my role model gursikhs. But ONLY my Guru is ABHUL. Rest EVERYONE ELSE can make a mistake.

are u a sikh missionary ?? because only they regard sant geyani jarnail singh khalsa bhindrawalle as baba jarnail singh or bhai jarnail singh ...

Please answer my question.

If we were living in 18th century, would we have got a sakhi that Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa BHINDRALWALE escaped ???

More than 90% of the panth believe in the sakhi that Santa Singh, jathedaar of budha dal had congress security guards and became a traitor of panth. Do u think this sakhi is false ?

ANSWER IN YES OR NO.

I am waiting for ur answer.

oki thats good ... but brother cant two sadharan sikhs have different views ??? then whats the way to resolve the issue ... u could have said kindly explain me what could be the reason why bhagat kabir ji said so ... then discussion would have started in a healthy way ...

If we were living in 18th century, would we have got a sakhi that Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa BHINDRALWALE escaped ???

This is not a sakhi these dar the bachans of baba thakur singh ji which are true no question in that ...

More than 90% of the panth believe in the sakhi that Santa Singh, jathedaar of budha dal had congress security guards and became a traitor of panth. Do u think this sakhi is false ?

no comments nor i m making useless threads regarding it and trying to impose what i think on others or declare terms ... and they crying loud after such useless thread is locked ... i m happy with what i think and i respect what others think ... it may be same or against my thoughts ...

and u stated u believe in sri dasam granth ... but i think u hardly know whats written in it ... else bhagat kabit jis writings would have been clear to you

The more u try to be clever more u will .... :rolleyes: