Does Anybody Else Find...

chatanga

Gurpreet Singh Shimla wale hard to listen to?

I have heard some of his stuff on tv and found it quite hard to listen to/get into. but he is very popular, so just wanted to see if im the only insane one on this forum/country/world.

your thoughts please.

Chatanga, I agree. Not just hard to listen to, watching is even harder. All the movement is really distracting and I don't like the Shabad remixes and some other stuff he does, lol.

But if people are inspired by that type of kirtan, then all the best to him.

what anand are you refering to? I remember watching him ever so briefly, (as i was going to vomit i had to turn it off), when he was singin mere lalan ki sobha in a dissco type mentality, as i love this shabad in its proper raag, and shimla wale was just strangling a chicken when he sang it.

PLease may Guru Ji not bless me to find anand in this.

i thought like that the first time I saw him but thanks to sikh channel and some of his india vcds listening to the way he interlinks his katha and keertan, i found it to quite inspiring, so if you don't like the head movement etc close your eyes and listen, the tunes are nothing new, typical raggis stuff but I guess it's more to do with how you deliver it and I agree that he does it very well, the rest guru ji knows...

Do you guys, who are talking negatively about Veer jee, do keertan yourselves? Is it online? Lets hear ya because obviously you must think your something special to be harking on about the keertan style of others.

If you dont like the keertan, switch off and dont give it another thought. Simplez. Keep your opinions to yourself - we dont want to hear about it. There are types of sangeet and styles of keertan that i dont like - but you dont see me starting a whole new thread to let everyone know i dont like it, then ask people what they think to stir a bit of heated discussion.

You are a fool if all you hear when you "switch on" the keertan is music. Keertan is much more than that, and it is much more than "the movement". If you dont have the avastha to understand and emerse yourself in such beautiful glorious Shabad Gurbani Keertan as sung by veer jee or any other Gursikhs, then that is your own fault for you have failed to even try and truly understand the essence of Akaal Purakh. Veer jee inspires a LOT of people - GurSikhs and non, particularily since his keertan was shown on BritAsia - so much so that this tour he has done in UK has drawn in larger-than-usual congregation.

It is hurtful when people make such silly comments about such a great soul who i have had the privilege of actually sitting down with and talking to. And before the accusations of me being biased are thrown over, Im not part of this "fan" culture popular amongst youth today where keertani are treated like wham bam superstars, nor am i part of any particular jatha.

brothers and sisters why do you think that if we dont like it , we are thier enemies? i have not said anything to that effect have i?

I think the term used by Tarunjeet paaji was "like an enemy" and not "as your enemy".

Thing is, i think the generations of today are too gutless compared to our past generations. Nowadays, no one will say "yes, i hate him, he is my enemy, i dont like him because of this that n the other"... people nowadays have better education having been through schools, colleges, universities so rather than saying things straight, they try and be clever and use "tareekaa" - meaning they approach their agendas using tactics rather than saying it straight out.

The above isnt a reflection on anyone here by the way, including you chatanga who i personally have no problem with, its just a general observation as i dont know you or your intentions. For all i know, you could be Bhai Gurpreet Singh Shimla Wale yourself! :lol: But IMHO generally, thats how it is nowadays.