Non Sikhs Marrying Sikhs In A Gurdwara

SaRpAnCh

Paaji the rehat maryada changes all the time, and is changed by normal people.

I Only go by the love of god and mankind referred to in the Gur Granth Sahib Ji.

May I remind you that none of our guru sahibs had Anand Karaj Marriages and the Anand Karaj Act was passed in 1909, 200 years after the passing on of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

It can be argued therefore that had guru Sahib wanted us to have Anand Karaj marriages he would have infact introduced them.

Nevertheless, in practical terms you will always see non sikhs marry sikhs in gurdwaras just liek you will see the same in Christian, Hindu and Buddist faiths, this is a good thing.

MAY I REMIND YOU THAT THE MORE EXTREME AND STRICT YOU BECOME , YOU WILL END UP SEEING SIKH BOYS AND GIRLS MARRYING OTHER PEOPLE FROM OTHER FAITHS IN CHURCHES , MANDIRS AND MOSQUES AND THEY WILL PROBABLY END UP SEVERING TIES WITH SIKHI RATHER THAN KEEPING A STRONG BOND WITH IT.

ITS BETTER THAT THEY STAY WITH THE FAITH SOEMHOW THAN BE PUSHED AWAY.

Rememebr the word of the god,. love humanity and stop hating on a whole group of people its silly.

PEACE , bhull chuk mafe

Bro u have the slave mentality first u cannot compare sikhi with other religions secondly even Guru ji were bound by REHAT MARYADA. U talk of limited no remember after battle of chamkaur shaib only 3 sikhs remained with guru ji so numbers r immaterial no one can change rehat maryada as rehat bina na sikh kahawawe , Only sikhism allows other religions right to worship at their places it does not mean that we should change rehat maryada according to convinace. Let me tell u all gurus were very strict about code of conduct or rehat.Guru gobind singh ji incoporated and made it compulsory , is ur self made maryada superior to gurus . U should go to some mahasha or leftist forum not write this rubish here . According to sikh rehat maryada only anand karaj can be held between sikh as it is only ceremony for sabat soorat rehatwan sikhs.

Bruv, You need to take the chill pill.

That is the most absurd thing I have heard from you guys. If Mani007 is questioning your faith, you have no answers but are pushing him away.

Has he made any offensive statement on this forum? He has given his point of view.

Everyone talks about Rehayt marayda, like it’s the end all to everything and use the Gurus as an example of Rehat Maraydha followed by them is what we follow today is 100% accurate. The only thing we have in the present, which is 100% accurate, is Sri Guru Granth Sahaib ji. Tell me where in Maharaaj it says you cannot marry in Gurdawara if you are not a Sikh.

Large majority of the Sikhs in this country cut their hair but still attend Gurdwara regularly, if they decide to marry a non-Sikh and they want marry them in a Gurdwara. I don’t see any problem with that. If you are going to push these Sikhs out then they will go elsewhere.

If push these Sikhs out, the Sikh faith will shrink in this country and the world. If this is the case, you will see what has happened in France. You would be asked to take your Kirpan off and probably you’re Dusttar. I have seen how Sikhs are treated in France, when they have to get there passport picture taken, they have to remove there Dusttar and open their hair.

Guru Fethay

It is u who needs pill first u have very limited knowldge of sikhi secondly u have self justification , Those who cut their hair r called SIRGUMS by GURU NANAK DEV JI all gurus follow rehat U have selfish outlook sikhi is made of feeling of conviction and sarifice u have no right of demeaning holy dastar. French seems to forgotten the world wars when dastar wearing singhs freed their nation from germans . Sirgums have no right to get their ardass in all takhts. sikhi reject numbers, STATUS OF THOSE WHO CUTT THEIR HAIR ACCORDING TO ENGLISH VERSION OF SAKHI REHAT KI BY BHAI NAND LAL SINGH JI GURU SAID STRICTLY NO SIKH WILL USE USTRA THOSE WHO USE OR TRIMS HAIR IS LIKE HAVING PHYSICAL RELATIONS WITH THEIR OWN DAUGHTERS THESE WERE THE WORDS OF DASMESH PITA JI, those who cutt their hair and call themselves sikhs should learn from these injuctions. According to GUR SHOBA OF SENPATI NO SIKH WILL EVER GO TO ANY CEREMONY OF SIRGUMS OR CUTSIKHS THOSE INTERACTING WITH SIRGUMS BECOME TANKHAIAS.I amm writing in caps as these were the spoken words of GURU JI , Those who question the rehat should adopt another religion as they can do ardass at takhts as members of another religion . All founders of all religions kept their hair intact. Kesh is first test of sikhi. Even punjab and haryana high court has given legal recoginition to rehat maryada. If u do not have respect for sikhi then it is better for u adopt another religion in words of guru ji REHAT PYARI MUJGH KO SIKH PYRA NAHIN. Even I FACE MORE DIFFICUTY WITH SABAT SOORAT IN INTEIROR OFindia itself more humilation than france we kept our swaroop we r not cowards like u. Iam proud to announce despite narrow escape during 1984 riots we kept our swaroop if u people call us fanatic never mind atleast we r not cowards like u.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Only go by the love of god and mankind referred to in the Gur Granth Sahib Ji.

May I remind you that none of our guru sahibs had Anand Karaj Marriages and the Anand Karaj Act was passed in 1909, 200 years after the passing on of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

It can be argued therefore that had guru Sahib wanted us to have Anand Karaj marriages he would have infact introduced them.

Nevertheless, in practical terms you will always see non sikhs marry sikhs in gurdwaras just liek you will see the same in Christian, Hindu and Buddist faiths, this is a good thing.

MAY I REMIND YOU THAT THE MORE EXTREME AND STRICT YOU BECOME , YOU WILL END UP SEEING SIKH BOYS AND GIRLS MARRYING OTHER PEOPLE FROM OTHER FAITHS IN CHURCHES , MANDIRS AND MOSQUES AND THEY WILL PROBABLY END UP SEVERING TIES WITH SIKHI RATHER THAN KEEPING A STRONG BOND WITH IT.

Rememebr the word of the god,. love humanity and stop hating on a whole group of people its silly.

PEACE , bhull chuk mafe

Bro u have the slave mentality first u cannot compare sikhi with other religions secondly even Guru ji were bound by REHAT MARYADA. U talk of limited no remember after battle of chamkaur shaib only 3 sikhs remained with guru ji so numbers r immaterial no one can change rehat maryada as rehat bina na sikh kahawawe , Only sikhism allows other religions right to worship at their places it does not mean that we should change rehat maryada according to convinace. Let me tell u all gurus were very strict about code of conduct or rehat.Guru gobind singh ji incoporated and made it compulsory , is ur self made maryada superior to gurus . U should go to some mahasha or leftist forum not write this rubish here . According to sikh rehat maryada only anand karaj can be held between sikh as it is only ceremony for sabat soorat rehatwan sikhs.

That is the most absurd thing I have heard from you guys. If Mani007 is questioning your faith, you have no answers but are pushing him away.

Has he made any offensive statement on this forum? He has given his point of view.

Everyone talks about Rehayt marayda, like it's the end all to everything and use the Gurus as an example of Rehat Maraydha followed by them is what we follow today is 100% accurate. The only thing we have in the present, which is 100% accurate, is Sri Guru Granth Sahaib ji. Tell me where in Maharaaj it says you cannot marry in Gurdawara if you are not a Sikh.

Large majority of the Sikhs in this country cut their hair but still attend Gurdwara regularly, if they decide to marry a non-Sikh and they want marry them in a Gurdwara. I don't see any problem with that. If you are going to push these Sikhs out then they will go elsewhere.

If push these Sikhs out, the Sikh faith will shrink in this country and the world. If this is the case, you will see what has happened in France. You would be asked to take your Kirpan off and probably you're Dusttar. I have seen how Sikhs are treated in France, when they have to get there passport picture taken, they have to remove there Dusttar and open their hair.

Guru Fethay

It is u who needs pill first u have very limited knowldge of sikhi secondly u have self justification , Those who cut their hair r called SIRGUMS by GURU NANAK DEV JI all gurus follow rehat U have selfish outlook sikhi is made of feeling of conviction and sarifice u have no right of demeaning holy dastar. French seems to forgotten the world wars when dastar wearing singhs freed their nation from germans . Sirgums have no right to get their ardass in all takhts. sikhi reject numbers, STATUS OF THOSE WHO CUTT THEIR HAIR ACCORDING TO ENGLISH VERSION OF SAKHI REHAT KI BY BHAI NAND LAL SINGH JI GURU SAID STRICTLY NO SIKH WILL USE USTRA THOSE WHO USE OR TRIMS HAIR IS LIKE HAVING PHYSICAL RELATIONS WITH THEIR OWN DAUGHTERS THESE WERE THE WORDS OF DASMESH PITA JI, those who cutt their hair and call themselves sikhs should learn from these injuctions. According to GUR SHOBA OF SENPATI NO SIKH WILL EVER GO TO ANY CEREMONY OF SIRGUMS OR CUTSIKHS THOSE INTERACTING WITH SIRGUMS BECOME TANKHAIAS.I amm writing in caps as these were the spoken words of GURU JI , Those who question the rehat should adopt another religion as they can do ardass at takhts as members of another religion . All founders of all religions kept their hair intact. Kesh is first test of sikhi. Even punjab and haryana high court has given legal recoginition to rehat maryada. If u do not have respect for sikhi then it is better for u adopt another religion in words of guru ji REHAT PYARI MUJGH KO SIKH PYRA NAHIN. Even I FACE MORE DIFFICUTY WITH SABAT SOORAT IN INTEIROR OFindia itself more humilation than france we kept our swaroop we r not cowards like u. Iam proud to announce despite narrow escape during 1984 riots we kept our swaroop if u people call us fanatic never mind atleast we r not cowards like u.

Good on you my friend, I will carry on as I am. What you just told me shows contradictions in the Sikh Dharma. You believe Guru Granth sahaib is your Guru, but you prefer to follow these Rehat Maryda (Which are not 100% CORRECT).

Quick question, what is the difference in Sikhs and Muslims? Because from what you have said I can’t see any, just another boxed religion with do's and don'ts.

Mate, you talk about the Sikh saroop, but how many Christians in Punjab have the Sikh saroop. I've seen them my selfes in India, they look like Singh’s but they are Christians.

Citizen Soulja, I am glad you have found time from YOUR obsession with the thread called Ban bollywood Bull droppings to post on another thread, lol.

Looks like you have finally relaised that your the only one posting on it and keep bumping it up like a obsessed little girl, How SAD, LOL.

Have you faked a 100 signatures yet? lol

READ my post, what have i said that is pro hindu? I have merely used Hindus, Christians etc in the same context, when discussing the fact that mixed marriages happen in other religions too.

Maybe it is YOU that should be on a Hindu forum, as ALL You ever talk about are Hindus and a Bollywood film that has never been made? lol

Whereas I prefer to talk about Sikhi and my OWN spiritual journey.

I stand by what I said :

PEACE , bhull chuk mafe

^^ Obsession? At least he took out his valuable time to initiate the petition. I'd make 1000 fake signatures to ban such films.

Agreed it was a great initiative when someone does something pro-active in the panth we all critize till the cows come home but when no one is we moan that no-ones doing anything :sleep: vaheguru

thanks for the support brothers :lol:

as for mani007 and kphull you guys are so deluded and misinformed your opinions board on deliberate misinformation and distortion!!

crap from mani007:

As for non sikhs marrying sikhs, these relgious name tags Sikh, Hindu etc are just that

Sikhi IS NOT JUST A RELIGIOUS NAME TAG

DO U THINK IF THE GURUS WERE AROUND IN PHYSICAL FORM THEY WOULD REFUSE ANYONE?

UMM clearly you dont know a shred of Sikh History! Guru Ji's refused many because of their DEEDS and THOUGHTS but always offered them a chance of repentance...what about the time Guru Ji allowed one bird to peck to

death another??....you wanna say Guru ji never refused any1 well what about the complete refusal of the whole of the ruddy moghal empire, what about the refusal of centuries old Hindu religious customs, rituals and beliefs! (just remembered the story of Pandit Lal Ji getting refused by Guru Ji, realising his folly, repenting and getting accepted!!)

Who is to say whether someone DESERVES to marry in the gurdwara or infront of the guru granth sahib?

UMM GURU JI, the Panj Piaryeeh, Gursikhs, Sants and Mahapursh, Rehatvan Khalsa and if ur still in doubt all of the mentioned in their purist form are a reflection of Guru Ji!! what your comment is doing is trying to besmear the purity of Sikhi and question Guru Ji, because Guru Ji themselves ordered the Khalsa to become like Guru Ji and be a reflection of Vaheguru in this Kalyug!!

a Gursikh is not a ''normal'' person, Akal Thakhat is not a ''normal'' person

May i remind you that this comment show you clearly do not know even basic Sikh History: Guru Ram Das, composed a four stanza hymn, Lavan(which was used at Guru Ji's wedding) The history of Anand marriage ceremony is traced back to the time of GURU Amar Das (1479-1574), who composed the long 40 stanza hymn Anandu, in the Ramkali measure, suitable to be sung or recited on all occasions of religious import. Anand Karaj Act 1909 is there to try and ensure that the Sikh marriage ceremony Anand Karaj is accepted by the Hindu Brahman priestly classes, which is anxious to prove that the Sikhs are but a sect of the Hindus and hence subject to Hindu Law.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji's joyt is preserved in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Khalsa.

It can be argued therefore that had guru Sahib wanted us to have Anand Karaj marriages he would have infact introduced them

Guru Sahibs introduced the ceremonies of Sikh marriage, death, birth and initiation, thus separating the Sikh Way of Life from that of the masses.

you will always see non sikhs marry sikhs in gurdwaras just liek you will see the same in Christian, Hindu and Buddist faiths, this is a good thing

maybe thats true in your local Gurdwara (cough**ravidasshindu**cough) but mine like the majority accepts the Hukam of Akal Thakat.

DILUTION of Sikhi CAN NEVER BE A GOOD THING remember the Singh who got chastised by Guru Gobind Singh Ji for the mispronunciation of one letter of Bani one letter!

crap from kphull

Large majority of the Sikhs in this country cut their hair but still attend Gurdwara regularly, if they decide to marry a non-Sikh and they want marry them in a Gurdwara. I don't see any problem with that.

im sorry but a person who cuts their hair is not a Sikh: 1609 Vaisakhi what did Guru Gobind Singh Ji say: ''come to me with unshorn hair'' every guru from 1st to 10th had uncut hair, 6.6billion+ people on the planet a lot of them are living in sin only a very small percentage walk the righteous path.

If push these Sikhs out, the Sikh faith will shrink in this country and the world. If this is the case, you will see what has happened in France. You would be asked to take your Kirpan off and probably you're Dusttar. I have seen how Sikhs are treated in France, when they have to get there passport picture taken, they have to remove there Dusttar and open their hair.

Sikhi is all about quality not quantity. Whats happening in France???? u dont know jack there are Singhs on the front line challenging the French government in the Hague and they are winning!! so what if some weak Singhs sell out their Guru they have been since the time of Guru Ji (40 mukteh) other brave lions are fighting relentlessly for the benefit of all Sikhs while others take of their Dastaars QUALITY NOT QUANTITY a few brave Singhs PROTECTING THE RIGHTS OF ALL THE SINGHS IN FRANCE QUALITY NOT QUANTITY i.e 1 Singhara Singh Mann not 5000 kphulls and 5000 mani007s

contradictions in the Sikh Dharma. You believe Guru Granth sahaib is your Guru, but you prefer to follow these Rehat Maryda (Which are not 100% CORRECT)

You dont have enough knowledge of Gurbani is you did you would realise there are NO CONTRADICTIONS IN SIKHI but people like you have so many contradictions the fact that ur on a Sikhi forum is a contradiction, coming on here pretending to be a Sikh then contradicting yourself:

You believe Guru Granth sahaib is your Guru
a Sikh would have said: WE believe Guru Granth Sahib Ji is OUR Guru
Quick question, what is the difference in Sikhs and Muslims? Because from what you have said I can't see any, just another boxed religion with do's and don'ts.

Mate, you talk about the Sikh saroop, but how many Christians in Punjab have the Sikh saroop. I've seen them my selfes in India, they look like Singh's but they are Christians.

how many Christians in Punjab have Sikhi Saroop, i am reading that correctly.......Christians...... that have...... Sikhi Saroop ..... in Punjab....? ....ok..... thank you for the warning....... what about..... Afghans with beards and turbans..... hmmm....are we being infiltrated???...LOOK SHARP LADS!

The difference between Muslims and Sikhs....i see how u get confused....what with all the Afgans and Christians befuddling u.......we'll start another topic to help you...launch an all out appeal....

PEACE , bhull chuk mafe

Everyone talks about Rehayt marayda, like it's the end all to everything and use the Gurus as an example of Rehat Maraydha followed by them is what we follow today is 100% accurate. The only thing we have in the present, which is 100% accurate, is Sri Guru Granth Sahaib ji. Tell me where in Maharaaj it says you cannot marry in Gurdawara if you are not a Sikh.

Large majority of the Sikhs in this country cut their hair but still attend Gurdwara regularly, if they decide to marry a non-Sikh and they want marry them in a Gurdwara. I don't see any problem with that. If you are going to push these Sikhs out then they will go elsewhere.

Guru Fethay

Good on you my friend, I will carry on as I am. What you just told me shows contradictions in the Sikh Dharma. You believe Guru Granth sahaib is your Guru, but you prefer to follow these Rehat Maryda (Which are not 100% CORRECT).

Quick question, what is the difference in Sikhs and Muslims? Because from what you have said I can’t see any, just another boxed religion with do's and don'ts.

Mate, you talk about the Sikh saroop, but how many Christians in Punjab have the Sikh saroop. I've seen them my selfes in India, they look like Singh’s but they are Christians.

Friend there is no cotradictions in sikhism but in ur mind what u state is ur personal point of view not of guru secondly GURGADDI was given to both GURU PANTH AND GURU GRANTH . GURU GRANTH is SPIRITUAL GURU GURU PANTH IS physical GURU that is why GURU GRANTH is escorted by guru panth in form of PANJ PYRRAS. gURU Panth consists of REHATVAN SINGHS and PANJ PYRAAS REPRESENT it. Let us remember GURU GOBIND SINGH JI took Amrit from panj pyras signifing the concept of guru panth . Even Guru Nanak dev ji asked for blessings of new guru Angaddev ji after giving him gurgaddi signifing gurpanth. U say difference between between islam and sikhi is that while there is no code of conduct for any religion and secondly only sikhism prays for SARBAT DA BHALLA.Go to mosque and do namaj see how the muslims will react. Before questioning rehat be a humble being shed ur ego . U can live as u wish but u have no right whatsoever to pass any judgement on rehat nor any one forces u to become a singh it is iner feeling. As far as chritains r concened fanatic preachers r subverting the sikhs slowly and dangerously one such preacher did come regularly to me once he saw me wearing puatan kirpan and doing path ,he stopped visiting me knowing my true faih. Rehat is the creation of gurus which is perfect people like u run away and made lame excuses so u can live as u wish but u have no right to made any judgement on rehat. We as a member of khalsa brotherhood is bound by it.

PEACE , bhull chuk mafe[/b]

its not a numbers game. I rather these people take of their Kara and take their Gursikh name off deed-poll then marry some gora,kala,paki,bhaman

Either your Loyalties are with the Panth or jog on..

Theres tolerance and theres just simply taking the p***.

no more tolerance to sell-outs!!

Asian Network provides a base for stubborn non-rehat sikhs to dispute amongst those who keep rehat so they can all feel better.

True.. but let the sell-outs control the air-waves, we gotta make sure we control the Guru Ghars and Where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj goes.

Just over the last 3 weeks over 6 GuruGhars (that we know of) conducted mixed faith marriages - against Akal Thakt guidelines. A straight slap in our face.