Understanding God's Will

lakhvir

GuruFatehJi.

Someone on another forum spoke about how "the tragic loss of the GurSikhs in Canada has made me think again about the Will of God . . . Why is it the good guys always seem to be dealt a harsh hand in life and yet the bad apples in this world are on a cushy number . . .It's so hard to understand the workings of God's Will . . ."

Sometimes we think way too hard to try and understand God. He is a very simple Being. We complicate Him.

For one who lives in His Bhaana (will), will hardly ever wonder how He works. We will eventually discover how and why He works in a certain way the day we are merged into Him, whether in this life or the next world.

The passing of God-loving people is always a little more difficult to understand. But if we can imagine their next phase, it definately is better than the one we are in right now. Gurmukhs cultivate the Naam in this world and sow the fruit by merging into Him. When we can imagine that such Gurmukhs would be in the lap of God, we can only imagine bliss and contentment for them.

If we feel certain people left us prematurely and that they were of such immense value to us, we should use such events to work in our favour. While in their lifetime, they may have touched many and inspired more. But in death, their lives reached out to many many more, even to those who had never heard of them or seen them. We get interested in who they were and and what good works they performed while they were amongst us. Their absence should mean that we should endeavour rto be just like them. At least try and be. You will feel how their lives were of meaning to you.

They may be gone, but they left behind foorprints

to follow.

So understand simply how God's Will works. Many things are beyond our understanding. Let us first try and practice that which we must do, the understanding that we seek will follow us.

GuruFatehJi.

L*

Sat Sri Akal:

Minor point: The job of a Sikh is to live in the Bhana of the Almighty, not to understand. Hence, "Bhana Manana - to accept the doings", not "Bhana Samajna - to understand the Almighty's doings".

The Sikh will take whatever the Almighty does and treat it as Guru Arjan Dev Sahib and say "Tera Kita Meetha Lagae", but should not keep any expectations for understanding the Bhana of the Almighty, as only the Almighty knows why.

"aap saajae thhaap vaekhai thisai bhaanaa bhaaeiaa ||

He Himself creates, establishes and beholds all, by the Pleasure of His Will."

(Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Raag Soohee, 767).

If I have made a mistake, please correct me and forgive me for my moorakh-ness.